Sandin-Brannstrom

Who do you take going forward

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sensfourlife

Aug 22, 2020
Who do you take going forward.

Being a Sens fan I take Brannstrom only because of leafs Thursday s game.

Sandin can’t really skate Brannstrom is not a great skater in his own right. Brannstrom looks like Coffey compared to Sandin.

I always thought Sandin was a great skater.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
If you listen to Pronman, Sandin will win those straight line races with his high hockey IQ. That's why he was the 10th best prospect in the world.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
If you listen to Pronman, Sandin will win those straight line races with his high hockey IQ. That's why he was the 10th best prospect in the world.

Pronman has Sandin at #71 in January 2021 , U23 rankings, and Brannstrom #54.

Ranking NHL's best under-23 stars: Dahlin, Pettersson or Lafreniere at No. 1?

Sandin
Skating: Below-average
Puck Skills: Below-average
Hockey Sense: Above-average
Compete: Average

Brannstrom
Skating: High-end
Puck Skills: Average
Hockey Sense: Average
Compete: Below-average

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario

Sandin can’t really skate Brannstrom is not a great skater in his own right. Brannstrom looks like Coffey compared to Sandin.

Not even commenting on who's better, thats extremely stupid to base your choice off of 1 game.

I think they are comparable prospects. Brannstrom has a bit more NHL time so far. I think Brannstrom has a higher offensive ceiling, but Sandin will be a better 2-way player. Brannstrom at 5'9 probably wont be an elite defender.

Sensfourlife

Aug 22, 2020
Not even commenting on who's better, thats extremely stupid to base your choice off of 1 game.

I think they are comparable prospects. Brannstrom has a bit more NHL time so far. I think Brannstrom has a higher offensive ceiling, but Sandin will be a better 2-way player. Brannstrom at 5'9 probably wont be an elite defender.
Wasn’t the game I was referring to but Sandin speed.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Sandin all day, everyday. Brannstrom is a good player but Sandin does everything just as well while not being 5'9.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Pronman has Sandin at #71 in January 2021 , U23 rankings, and Brannstrom #54.

Ranking NHL's best under-23 stars: Dahlin, Pettersson or Lafreniere at No. 1?

Sandin
Skating: Below-average
Puck Skills: Below-average
Hockey Sense: Above-average
Compete: Average

Brannstrom
Skating: High-end
Puck Skills: Average
Hockey Sense: Average
Compete: Below-average

And he had him as the 10th best prospect in the world, just behind Kaprizov. What's your point?

He can't skate and you didn't have to be paid to rank prospects to see it

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
And he had him as the 10th best prospect in the world, just behind Kaprizov. What's your point?

He can't skate and you didn't have to be paid to rank prospects to see it

I posted a link showing him 71st, couldn’t find your 10th place ranking in any of Pronmans rankings on the Athletic, maybe you could provide the link, that’s my point.

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
OP doesn’t agree with my point of view :whine:

"Sandin can’t really skate Brannstrom is not a great skater in his own right. Brannstrom looks like Coffey compared to Sandin."

OP can ask who people prefer but this just puts things off from the get-go. Pretty low quality troll to be honest. But whatever floats your boat.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I'll take Sandin. His skating isn't as good as Brannstrom's but he's got better vision to make plays imo. Not comparing talent or careers or anything but he sort of maybe reminds me of an Andrei Markov? Deceptive PP QB with average foot speed.

Plus he can/does hit.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Both are trending in the wrong direction when it comes to ceiling and expectations.

Brannstrom doesnt turn 22 until September... i hear this all the time and it makes no sense at all.

Hes a PPG #1 all situations Dman in the AHL, and he just finished strongly in the NHL with 13pts in 30gp and +3 on a bottom ten team.

I think he will be just fine unless the original expectation was that he will be a superstar #1D that would step in at age 19/20 and make a huge impact immediately... Otherwise he looks like a very solid bet to be a great top 4 puck moving dman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensinitis

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario

Did you change your mind after Saturdays game OP?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad