GDT: San Jose Sharks at New Jersey Devils 7.00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
If it became 3-2 because of penalty shot it wouldn't have been his fault.

So you would excuse a goal on the PS, but not praise the fact that he made a save he shouldn't have? Basically it's a wash. Made a save he shouldn't have and didn't make one he should have.

That said, I agree that he HAS to be better. He has been good, but not good enough, and that's not acceptable. A soft goal is a soft goal and it's not excusable. His rebound control has to be better too. But lots of guys have to be better. You can't advocate not making Sal the scapegoat because it's a team game, then make Schneider the scapegoat.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
So you would excuse a goal on the PS, but not praise the fact that he made a save he shouldn't have? Basically it's a wash. Made a save he shouldn't have and didn't make one he should have.

You cannot dismiss timing here. Making a penalty shot save after you've allowed the back breaking goal on a soft shot cannot be glossed over.

This is the epitome of the timely saves argument, or untimely goal as the case may be.

If that game is 2-1 with 12 minutes to go in the 3rd period it takes on a completely different complexion.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I think Cammalleri is the only forward so far I cant levy any argument against. been consistently good. very glad we picked him up now

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
We have to stop taking so many penalties

We've always been a responsible team in this regard and it's hurt us several times this season already

Our penalty kill can only be so good and when we are down a guy+ this often it's going to catch up

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
You had no problem with his slash that made it 2-0?

not really talking about specifics like individual penalties and such. just overall how well theyve played over the 5 games. guys like Henrique, Elias and Jagr etc have all had games where theyre a bit meh. I cant think of any of the 5 games so far where Cammy played particularly badly

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
2015 offseason, Lou re-signs Salvador to a 3 year $15 million extension. Salvador retains the Captaincy, also gets both A's next to the C on his jersey.

Having CAA on his jersey's kind of ironic :sarcasm:

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
I would give Jagr more time before complaining about him. He started slow the first week or two of last season too. Once we hit November he will be in full gear.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Don't you EVER say that again! Kill me if this actually happens

Ya know, we take it as a given that Sal will not be here next year, but I'm not sure it is. The only sign that we have seen that the Devils are looking towards moving on from Sal is buying out Volch. other then that all signs point to Devils being very happy with his play.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ya know, we take it as a given that Sal will not be here next year, but I'm not sure it is. The only sign that we have seen that the Devils are looking towards moving on from Sal is buying out Volch. other then that all signs point to Devils being very happy with his play.

It wouldn't shock me either if they re-signed him to a one-year deal a la Zidlicky. The only thing that might prevent it is if they think Hegelson is an NHL player and Santini gets close enough. Or if he gets hurt again and just can't stay on the ice.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It wouldn't shock me either if they re-signed him to a one-year deal a la Zidlicky. The only thing that might prevent it is if they think Hegelson is an NHL player and Santini gets close enough. Or if he gets hurt again and just can't stay on the ice.

Or he retires. He is a humble guy. He might just hang the skates up

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
He's had two good games by my count.

I think I did post for all games.

Did you want me to join in on the Cory 70games will guarantee playoffs lovefest after that one great game?

I like Cory, mad want him to win. I just think everyone here has been spoiled by consistently good goaltending, and although you probably think this is just a rough patch, I expect to see this the rest of the season.

We will get one unbelievable game, one good game, and two uneven performances the rest of the way out.

The problem is, as it was last year, that he can't afford to be less than perfect with this team in front of him... Even though this years version is vastly improved.

I have consistently maintained that goaltending isn't the problem for is team... So I expect to be writing long winded posts defending Cory when you turn on him in about 20 games.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
No way does Cory not improve as the season goes on - his numbers are abysmal right now and they aren't going to stay that way. Its a rough start but I'm sure he'll bounce back as soon as Tuesday night.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA

Did you want me to join in on the Cory 70games will guarantee playoffs lovefest after that one great game?

I like Cory, mad want him to win. I just think everyone here has been spoiled by consistently good goaltending, and although you probably think this is just a rough patch, I expect to see this the rest of the season.

We will get one unbelievable game, one good game, and two uneven performances the rest of the way out.

The problem is, as it was last year, that he can't afford to be less than perfect with this team in front of him... Even though this years version is vastly improved.

I have consistently maintained that goaltending isn't the problem for is team... So I expect to be writing long winded posts defending Cory when you turn on him in about 20 games.

Yup, the goalie with the best GAA and Sv% in the league the last four years is going to be a problem. :shakehead

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
No way does Cory not improve as the season goes on - his numbers are abysmal right now and they aren't going to stay that way. Its a rough start but I'm sure he'll bounce back as soon as Tuesday night.

Some bad luck too. The Joel Ward goal was incredibly fluky, as well as the Brown shot being about a 1/100 placement.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Cory is seriously the least of my worries.

I'm more concerned with the fragileness of our PK and the lack of finishers on the roster outside of Cammalari.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005

My sentiments exactly. Goaltending wasn't the problem last year either.

Baggy Spandex

The Nightman Cometh
Mar 5, 2008
Fake Rangerfanville
Re-watched the game Sunday morning while sober.

Third period was one of the best periods of hockey the team has played in a while.

Brunner had a whale of a period, just couldn't finish. I liked what I saw from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad