GDT: San Jose Sharks at New Jersey Devils 7.00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
you can throw the jagr penalty into that category as well. This team is averaging around 5/6 minors a game that's way to many especially when the team relies on salvaturd and gionta for Pk duties

I agree ..here is where the DeBeor haters should be focusing...not Gionta and Salvador.

The undisciplined penalties are on the coaching staff...when they happen this frequently anyway

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I agree ..here is where the DeBeor haters should be focusing...not Gionta and Salvador.

The undisciplined penalties are on the coaching staff...when they happen this frequently anyway

This and I don't think the team is giving an honestly 90 minute effort. I thought things got sloppy late in the caps game and things were sloppy to start tonight.

That and the bad penalties are on the coaches.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
I honestly think Zubs has played fine.

Right now the two anchors on their respective lines are Jagr and Henrique. Both aren't playing to the level we expect and their linemates look better then them.

Jagr.. who knows. I want to say he's a slow starter and I do remember he wasn't amazing out of the gate last year.. but he definitely wasn't this bad.

Henrique.. it's his linemates. I'm telling you, he can't carry a line right now and that's what he needs to do with his current linemates. Clowe/Ryder are trash defensively.. so not only does he have to cover for them constantly.. but both are slow as hell in addition.

The other two lines don't always dump and chase.. this line does because neither of the wingers can get to the corners and Henrique is helping out defensively with his center responsibilities.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Salvador only got 17:17 of ice time tonight.

Are they finally learning?

We'll be better off if this is his TOI every night.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Maybe give Henrique a little more help rather than Elias?

Clowe - Zajac - Jagr
Zubrus - Elias - Havlat
Cammalleri - Henrique - Ryder

Preferably not even Ryder on that 3rd line since that's two shooters. I'm not sure if Clowe will work too well on the top unit we need to find a way to get 3 lines going. I'd preferably try:

Clowe - Zajac - Jagr
Brunner/Ryder - Elias - Havlat
Cammalleri - Henrique - Zubrus

Brunner does bring a level of skill we lack on most lines (i.e. he can beat a player 1 on 1). He and Elias seem to have some level of chemistry. Maybe Ryder there instead if you want a shooter but this gives us at least a workable 3 lines. Each with a good chunk of ice time and roll with the one that's best that night.

Three shooters...Camm's probably the best passer of the three in the first template but you really need him to be a scorer on this team. The problem(s) with the second template is Ryder doesn't play LW and they won't play Havlat there cause he's a righty. And Zubrus would drag down Camm/Henrique.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Salvador only got 17:17 of ice time tonight.

Are they finally learning?

We'll be better off if this is his TOI every night.

He got five shifts in the third when we were down three goals. Hence the question that Pete supposedly sidestepped about Sal's icetime (I didn't remember hearing it on the radio).

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Jagr.. who knows. I want to say he's a slow starter and I do remember he wasn't amazing out of the gate last year.. but he definitely wasn't this bad.

Henrique.. it's his linemates. I'm telling you, he can't carry a line right now and that's what he needs to do with his current linemates. Clowe/Ryder are trash defensively.. so not only does he have to cover for them constantly.. but both are slow as hell in addition.

The other two lines don't always dump and chase.. this line does because neither of the wingers can get to the corners and Henrique is helping out defensively with his center responsibilities.

I wasn't paying as much attention definitely but I just noticed in our own zone Clowe and Ryder seemingly doing more work while Henrique seemed to be a step behind the play.

The three are definitely out of sync on the break out. The worst passing was coming from that line.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The goal Schneider gave up the other night was worse than tonight. The one scored by the boards.

The Giroux goal? It was bad also along the boards unscreened.... but it was a PP and there was some puck movement...

Tonight Marleau was coming straight down the boards...there is no easier save and this was worse.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Three shooters...Camm's probably the best passer of the three in the first template but you really need him to be a scorer on this team. The problem(s) with the second template is Ryder doesn't play LW and they won't play Havlat there cause he's a righty. And Zubrus would drag down Camm/Henrique.

Clowe - Zajac - Jagr
Zubrus - Elias - Havlat
Cammalleri - Henrique - Brunner

That's what I want right now. 2nd line could improve and will inevitably need to be changed up but basically, I have more faith in Elias being able to carry a line singlehandedly than I do with Henrique.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Zubrus doesn't look bad, he just isn't good at offense anymore. Not that he ever really was that great, but he was around a point per every other game player. Now he's like a 20-25 point player at best, and he produced at a 16 point clip for much of last year.

We need someone better that can be relied on for more offense on that line. If Zubrus is a 20 point player, he's best off on the 4th line. It's not like he's gonna drag down Gionta and Tootoo. Neither of those players bring **** offensively anyway. Ruutu can bring so much more.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He got five shifts in the third when we were down three goals. Hence the question that Pete supposedly sidestepped about Sal's icetime (I didn't remember hearing it on the radio).

I wanted to throw things on the ice. I don't care if you are the biggest Sal fan ever. He had no business taking that many shifts when we are desperately trying to tie a game.

Split Zids up and go offensive and take some chances.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The Giroux goal? It was bad also along the boards unscreened.... but it was a PP and there was some puck movement...

Tonight Marleau was coming straight down the boards...there is no easier save and this was worse.

He means the caps goal that went off the boards and Cory knocked in himself.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Clowe - Zajac - Jagr
Zubrus - Elias - Havlat
Cammalleri - Henrique - Brunner

That's what I want right now. 2nd line could improve and will inevitably need to be changed up but basically, I have more faith in Elias being able to carry a line singlehandedly than I do with Henrique.

No Ryder? He's actually been good so far.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

The goal before he was yanked in Washington. The one scored by the boards.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Last year we averaged 8 PIM per game. So far this year we're averaging 12.8 PIM per game. Get it together guys.

Absolutely needs to stop. Even if we kill them it ruins the flow of the game and wastes time.

We gave ourselves no chances to get closer in the 2nd because of bad penalties late.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
He means the caps goal that went off the boards and Cory knocked in himself.

Ahhh that wasn't bad per se... that was fluky. Bad luck, bad bounce.

That wasn't like he didn't make a save it was weird bounce off the boards that clipped his heel...fluke.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
I wanted to throw things on the ice. I don't care if you are the biggest Sal fan ever. He had no business taking that many shifts when we are desperately trying to tie a game.

Split Zids up and go offensive and take some chances.

They absolutely did take away a bunch of his ice-time. The defensive pairings in the 3rd were all messed up because they were limiting him.

Too little, too late though.

No Ryder? He's actually been good so far.

There's just not enough space to make it all work.

We can easily roll 4 lines with skill players but we need a line to take penalties..

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Also, what's the point of having Ruutu on this team right now?

I imagined they would give him shifts every now and then in the top 9 (for Zubrus/Havlat).. but nothing at all.

Just wasting him on the 4th line with idiot 1 and idiot 2.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I love Gelinas, but I won't be mad if he's out last game. Maybe Larsson can play some PK too.

Gelinas annoyed me tonight. About 3 shots wide on one PP alone.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They absolutely did take away a bunch of his ice-time. The defensive pairings in the 3rd were all messed up because they were limiting him.

Too little, too late though.

There's just not enough space to make it all work.

We can easily roll 4 lines with skill players but we need a line to take penalties..

Felt more messy because I think Pete was over Gely for the night too. It was a night to forget for all of them. I don't think any of them had a strong game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Salvador deserves all the criticism he gets on here. It's more than justified and warranted.

He's just an embarrassment of a player right now. Will Lou be stupid enough to re sign him after this year? I guarantee the other 29 GM's pass him over. Better defensemen are out of work right now.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Just need to stay out of the box that will limit Salvador exposure and the thing is we played bad for about 90 percent of the game today if the team stays out of the box they probably win this game.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Just need to stay out of the box that will limit Salvador exposure and the thing is we played bad for about 90 percent of the game today if the team stays out of the box they probably win this game.

They need to sharpen up too. Part of that is avoiding the bad penalties but getting some basic plays down too.

Few times they seemed to be over passing in the offensive zone and the cross ice passing was sloppy. To many passes into skates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad