GDT: San Jose Sharks at New Jersey Devils 7.00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Tonight's Matchup: New Jersey Devils 6p (3-1-0) Host San Jose Sharks 7p (3-0-1)!

Game #5

ULsFpuA.png

@@@@@@@@

images

Where:
prudentialcenter_0.jpg

Who:
fbb7f6b29b9b55084d0f6a706700cf8d.jpg

:devils GAME PREVIEW :sharks
DATE​
|
SEASON SERIES​
|
FINAL

OCT 18th, 2014​
|
SJS @ NDJ​
|
?

JAN 19th, 2015​
|
NJD @ SJS​
|
?​

[FIELDSET=Streams][/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET=Devils' comments]
“Unfortunately it does,” said Severson, who scored on a pair of right point shots to help the Devils emerge from the first period tied 2-2.
“It’s very exciting personally to score two goals, but when they’re the only two goals in the game and the other team scores six, it kind of puts you down a little bit.
Obviously, it’s a great feeling being able to contribute, but in the end we didn’t get the win and that’s the most important thing.”

Deboer on the loss in D.C.:
“We would have taken 3-1 to start on the road with four road games,” Devils coach Pete DeBoer said. “It still doesn’t sit well because I thought tonight was a winnable
game for us and you want the guys to be disappointed when you lose regardless of where you’re at or who you’re playing or how many games you’ve won in a row.”

“I thought we had an excellent first period,” DeBoer said. “I thought we could have had three or four goals. We didn’t cash in. We came out of the period 2-2 and they
got better in the second and the third and we shot ourselves with too many penalties and got a little bit away from our game plan.”

[/FIELDSET]

Jamal+Mayers+San+Jose+Sharks+v+New+Jersey+4XJ7SULQfQ0l.jpg
129899559.0_standard_730.0.jpg

Patrik+Elias+San+Jose+Sharks+v+New+Jersey+4DIM6mI-B5Gl.jpg

:devils PROJECTED DEVILS' LINE-UP: :devils

Left Wing
|
Center
|
Right Wing

Cammalleri
|
Zajac
|
Jagr

Ryder
|
Henrique
|
Clowe

Havlat(?)
|
Zubrus
|
Elias

Ruutu
|
Gionta
|
Tootoo

Left Defenceman
|
Right Defenceman

Greene
|
Severson

Gelinas
|
Salvador

Zidlicky
|
Merril

Goalie
Schneider

[FIELDSET=Injuries]
-Havlat possibly out with upper body injury
[/FIELDSET]

:sharks PROJECTED SHARKS' LINE-UP: :sharks

Left Wing
|
Center
|
Right Wing

Hertl
|
Thornton
|
Pavelski

Marleau
|
Couture
|
Nieto

McGinn
|
Tierney
|
Wingels

Burish
|
Desjardins
|
Scott

Left Defenceman
|
Right Defenceman

Vlasic
|
Braun

Mueller
|
Burns

Irwin
|
Demers

Goalie
Niemi

[FIELDSET=Injuries]
- Tyler Kennedy (upper body)
-James Sheppard (knee)
-Mike Brown (upper body)
-Raffi Torres (knee)​
[/FIELDSET]

LET'S GO DEVILS!
Devils_Dancers_Holiday_lrg.jpg

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
If you find the correct line-up somewhere feel free to edit. Lets hope some of that Slammer's early GDT magic got carried over to this one. :)

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
TG had a funny typo: "The Brunner said he didn’t know yet if he is going to play Saturday."

I'd imagine it will be Zubrus/Elias-Elias/Zubrus-The Brunner. Would prefer Ruutu-Elias-The Brunner.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The Brunner :laugh:

I hope he has a good game with Elias (assuming Havlat can't go). It would be nice to see something from those two to at least put the idea in Pete's head for a potential Havlat-Elias-Brunner line when Havlat comes back. Or to knock Tootoo out of the lineup (not that I dislike him, but I think he should be used more sparingly as an extra than as a regular).

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
awesome GDT, brother. You are way better than me with this html/design **** for sure!

Just get another win-streak going to give you a nice GDT-strak as well ;) and, most important, for the Ws!!!

Severson = god!

Let's go Devils!

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
It's early, however, this is a team the Devils hardly ever beat. Home opener after a road loss will be interesting to see how they compete. Tonight's not a must game but it may be one those games that gives us a better understanding of how good this team may be. It's also a bounce back game for Cory.

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
It's early, however, this is a team the Devils hardly ever beat. Home opener after a road loss will be interesting to see how they compete. Tonight's the must game but it may be one those games that gives us a better understanding of how good this team may be. It's also a bounce back game for Cory.

They won at SJ a few years ago, up 4-0 early and I think had to sweat out a 5-4 win.
Also beat them 2-1 at home on Rolston and #17 3rd period tallies.

But that was a few seasons back of course.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We also had a 6-5 or 7-6 weekend win at home a few years back too, I think it was even an NBC game. Of course last year we did lose both games to the Sharks.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
First home opener that I'll be missing in 6 years. :cry: Be loud ladies and gentlemen!

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!

I want to see a Gelly bomb like this Rollie bomb from a few years ago.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
We also had a 6-5 or 7-6 weekend win at home a few years back too, I think it was even an NBC game. Of course last year we did lose both games to the Sharks.

They lit up Nabakov that afternoon in a festive sold out crowd.

Clemmer wasn't much better, but he made one more save. :)

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
First home opener that I'll be missing in 6 years. :cry: Be loud ladies and gentlemen!

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!

I want to see a Gelly bomb like this Rollie bomb from a few years ago.

One of my sons is at college in Syracuse. He was at their "Orange Madness" last night (their
Midnight Madness" party to kick off basketball season) and just texted me that he is on a bus, on his way home.

5+ hours on a bus (getting up a 7am to do it) and 5+ hours back tomorrow a.m. to go to the home opener for his 15th straight time (14, I guess, given the lost season) with me.

Makes me proud that I did something right :)

Status Quo*

Hey Devils, my birthday is tomorrow. Please ****ing win. Thanks.

Status Quo*

Seeing as sports betting is now legal in NJ, I'm going to set the number of Sal turnovers at 8 for tonights game :laugh:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Hopefully I can catch some of the opening festivities on GCL. I doubt they will show any of it, but it would be cool if they did.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
One of my sons is at college in Syracuse. He was at their "Orange Madness" last night (their
Midnight Madness" party to kick off basketball season) and just texted me that he is on a bus, on his way home.

5+ hours on a bus (getting up a 7am to do it) and 5+ hours back tomorrow a.m. to go to the home opener for his 15th straight time (14, I guess, given the lost season) with me.

Makes me proud that I did something right :)

Now that is a dedicated fan!

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
John Scott - Andrew Desjardins - Mike Brown....that is san jose's fourth line. for me, that is exactly why a skilled fourth line is the way to go if you have the personnel to do that (as NJ does). imagine ruutu-gomez/josefson-brunner getting that matchup?

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
John Scott - Andrew Desjardins - Mike Brown....that is san jose's fourth line. for me, that is exactly why a skilled fourth line is the way to go if you have the personnel to do that (as NJ does). imagine ruutu-gomez/josefson-brunner getting that matchup?

That is also the exact reason why Tootoo is here..... Those guys will kill out youngsters if no one is there to protect them

Did you see what Grabovski had happen to him ??

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

Your line would be either pinned down in their own zone or in the hospital against that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad