GDT: San Jose Sharks at New Jersey Devils 7.00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Zubrus isn't going on the 4th line...he has played well this season. And if you noticed he was back with Jagr and Zajac at the end of the game.

If a change for Tootoo were going to happen I would advocate bringing Matteau up.

That's fine.

I think it was more of getting Cammalleri away from Zajac and Jagr to be honest.

Cammalleri with Zajac and Jagr was our best line tonight.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Didn't play poorly, just couldn't finish in the 2nd, took too many unnecessary penalties, and the 3rd goal allowed was soft.
But cory kept us in later until we pulled him too soon.

Team didn't quit, within an eyelash of tying it up.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
He's had two good games by my count.

Tampa and???

Surely you don't mean Florida where he had a cup of tea and finger sandwiches undisturbed in his crease while the Devils amassed a 4-0 lead?

Is that what you are referring to?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tampa and???

Surely you don't mean Florida where he had a cup of tea and finger sandwiches undisturbed in his crease while the Devils amassed a 4-0 lead?

Is that what you are referring to?

So? He still played good. What is your deal with Schneider?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
So? He still played good. What is your deal with Schneider?

No deal...but he didn't give the team a chance to win tonight. That 3rd goal was one of the absolute worst goals I've seen any devil goalie give up in ages.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Cory was good enough tonight.
One softy but made many point blank tough saves.
Niemi made a few more saves basically.
Cory does have to work on his puck handling.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Cory was good enough tonight.
One softy but made many point blank tough saves.
Niemi made a few more saves basically.
The one softie went through his body, unscreened from pretty far out.. oh and it was the game winner

lachyrm

Jun 3, 2010
Cammalleri was the best player again...the other two are sleep walking.

He has been far and away the most dangerous forward on this team. It's not even close. I mean, it's not really a surprise that he has been good, but the surprise for me is how much he has been creating chances for himself.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Besides the 6:45 3D show that started at 7 and the goal song nonsense this is my other pet peeve from the night. Why OH WHY is Cory over-puckhandling again? It was one thing when you had a system tailored to what Marty did and Cory had to adjust last year but this year the system should be tailored to what Cory can and can't do, and he can't handle the puck. He had two guys open on one side of the ice and then fired it up the other end straight to a Shark for a turnover that nearly created a scoring chance.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The one softie went through his body, unscreened from pretty far out.. oh and it was the game winner

Agreed it was soft, but not as egregious as you think.

Our D sagged and let Marleau skate in further than he should have been allowed.

Cory stopping the PS kept us in and kept hope alive.

Don't you think Pete pulled him a little too early?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Agreed it was soft, but not as egregious as you think.

Our D sagged and let Marleau skate in further than he should have been allowed.

Cory stopping the PS kept us in and kept hope alive.

Don't you think Pete pulled him a little too early?

BS.

The replay is on right now and that goal was just scored....it was horrible and inexcusable.

It cannot be spun any other way, it was a horrific goal to have allowed that lost the game.

It cannot be sugarcoated.. it was THAT bad.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No deal...but he didn't give the team a chance to win tonight. That 3rd goal was one of the absolute worst goals I've seen any devil goalie give up in ages.

I've see Schneider give up worse than that. It was a bad goal though.

He needs to be better. Maybe he's just starting slow?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I've see Schneider give up worse than that. It was a bad goal though.

He needs to be better. Maybe he's just starting slow?

He better be cause like I said before last night, you know the vultures will be circling if he has another bad game. It wasn't really a bad game per se, but it just wasn't good enough with the soft goal. But it's ironic we'd be looking at Cory's game a lot different if he stops the Marleau shot and gives up the penalty shot goal.

And yes it has not been a good start for Cory in general. But as was pointed out below you could say the same about a few other big-name guys too.

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
There are quite a few skaters that have been much less than impressive the last two games.

I don't have to call them out but we need them to play better.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Schneider didn't play very well tonight but our offense was not able to do anything noteworthy until too late. You can't go down 3-0 to that team and expect to fight back in the third period. Unless you're the Kings. You also can't keep taking all of these ridiculous penalties and expect to get away with it. Wasn't a very good performance tonight but San Jose is a strong team. Hopefully we can rebound for a huge win against the Rags on Tuesday.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
He better be cause like I said before last night, you know the vultures will be circling if he has another bad game. It wasn't really a bad game per se, but it just wasn't good enough with the soft goal. But it's ironic we'd be looking at Cory's game a lot different if he stops the Marleau shot and gives up the penalty shot goal.

If it became 3-2 because of penalty shot it wouldn't have been his fault.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Cory was not on tonight. He made some good saves but soft goals were given up.

Sal sucked. Gely was not good. Honestly the whole team seemed asleep for the first two periods. Passing was sloppy as hell and guys were losing their edges constantly.

Honestly Camm, Ryder and the 3D show was the highlights of the night.

Also it's perfectly fair to throw some criticism Cory's way. He is getting paid the big bucks now to make the big saves and outside of the Tampa game he hasn't done it yet.

It's nice he kept it at 3 but the fact remains he is partially to blame 3 goals were scored.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ

He obviously could of been better. If he had not given up the softy, we would be saying he had a very good game, but that wasn't the case. I feel he redeemed himself a bit by making a stop on the penalty shot and keeping the Devils in striking distance. So overall he was decent. But he didn't really help the cause.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Goals that go through a goalies chest, unscreened, from along the wall, from pretty far out almost NEVER happen....and when they do they are completely unacceptable.

I honestly cannot recall a goal THAT bad...it was off the wall, so he didn't have to move side to side, he was set and it went through him...don't even try to draw analogies that goal was freakin terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
Cory was not on tonight. He made some good saves but soft goals were given up.

Sal sucked. Gely was not good. Honestly the whole team seemed asleep for the first two periods. Passing was sloppy as hell and guys were losing their edges constantly.

Honestly Camm, Ryder and the 3D show was the highlights of the night.

Also it's perfectly fair to throw some criticism Cory's way. He is getting paid the big bucks now to make the big saves and outside of the Tampa game he hasn't done it yet.

It's nice he kept it at 3 but the fact remains he is partially to blame 3 goals were scored.

What stood out about Sal? He definitely can be bad, but I thought he was pretty solid and essentially a necessity against some of the big bodies on SJ.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I thought Merrill and Severson both had their worst games of the season tonight. Gelinas I can't imagine will be playing next game. Sal was awful as is to be expected.

Honestly, Zids was probably our best defenseman tonight and he wasn't even that great, just didn't noticeably suck more than anyone else.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The replay is on a 2nd time right now...watch how bad that goal wwas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad