Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers

Lines at #NYR practice:

Kreider-Hayes-Nash, St. Louis-Brassard-Zuccarello, Hagelin-Moore-Stempniak, Malone-Mueller-Glass Duclair is extra.

Jim Cerny ‏@JimCerny

Before #NYR practice AV and Duclair were in conversation as they skated warmup laps...Arniel did same with Hayes

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
lirl Rongods

Not expecting a pretty game.

Why the **** is Glass still in this lineup? Why?

Kreider-Hayes-Nash......damn that's a big line.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
No MSL at C?????? HAPPY DAY.

That said MSL-Brassard-Zuccarello us a poorly conceived line

Although Hayes with Kreider and Nash could be scary

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
If they were playing Detroit fine, but no one is going win board battles on that line and Zucc works better on the right slot.

Hayes is the only kid in the line up now. So much for playing the kids.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Swap Kreider and MSL and let's be done with it already.

Also, don't keep Duke around if we're gonna scratch the kid :laugh: what a joke of asset management that would be.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Also, don't keep Duke around if we're gonna scratch the kid :laugh: what a joke of asset management that would be.

Can't say I agree - if we send him back to the Q, we can't recall him for the rest of the year. So say we send him back and then there's a long term injury to a top-9 winger, we would all be sitting here wishing Duke was still available.

If he only plays ~50 games this year, while skating with the team in practice and learning as much as possible from AV, is it really that big of a deal? Plus he would be fresh for (god willing) the playoffs. Could even play in the WJC (I think?) if we wanted to get him some more game action.

Personally I think that's a better plan than sending him back to the Q.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Kreider-Hayes-Nash......damn that's a big line.

If that line performs well we're gonna get a lot of "I knew it!" and etc from a certain prolific posting... Meister. Right now, somewhere, he's excited as hell, lol.

Dat miniature 2nd line...

Please keep Duke in. If he's out I hope it's just that he's sore or something. He hasn't done much wrong and constantly sparks offense. Reminds me of early Zucc in that way. I'm ok with him spending a year in the Q, but I want him to get his full 9 unless he's really not grabbing the opportunity. See Miller.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
No MSL at C?????? HAPPY DAY.

That said MSL-Brassard-Zuccarello us a poorly conceived line

Although Hayes with Kreider and Nash could be scary

Agree with all.

I kinda get it though. Better than MSL at C.

Basically down to a 3 line team. So can't have Nash/MSL/Zucc/Stemp all down the right or one will barely play. Nash is too hot to shift him left. Brassard line becomes o zone start line, Moore becomes d zone / matchup line, Hayes line is an all purpose line.

Glass/Malone will get a good chunk of special teams ice time to spell other players.

EDIT - silverfish yea, swapping MSL and Kreider would seem logical...still maintaining the style each line was built for, just adding a little puck retrieval and net front play to line 2.

SupersonicMonkey*

I don't mind giving Duke a night off every now and then to watch. As long as it is not a regular thing it's fine.

Makes sense, maybe he can learn something, take some mental notes from watching above.

Just can't keep out of the lineup long, he needs to play.

SupersonicMonkey*

Really don't like being a 3 line team again, like the Tortorella era.

Have to get this sorted out. We need to be a 4 line team.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I don't mind giving Duke a night off every now and then to watch. As long as it is not a regular thing it's fine.

Definitely fair. Can't be a regular thing at all. Would rather him log game after game, WJC, and Memorial cup with Quebec than play 40 games with us this season just so he can practice with the big boys.

So yes, I agree.

Really don't like being a 3 line team again, like the Tortorella era.

Have to get this sorted out. We need to be a 4 line team.

When Stepan returns, we'll have some of the best forward depth in the league.

SupersonicMonkey*

Definitely fair. Can't be a regular thing at all. Would rather him log game after game, WJC, and Memorial cup with Quebec than play 40 games with us this season just so he can practice with the big boys.

So yes, I agree.

When Stepan returns, we'll have some of the best forward depth in the league.

Hopefully.

I feel confident Hayes will stick. Stempniak has been outstanding. Hopefully Malone vs Glass sorts itself out.

If Brass could elevate his game that would be huge. He has been scoring, but i hope for more out of him shift-to-shift.

We need Stepan back.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Hopefully.

I feel confident Hayes will stick. Stempniak has been outstanding. Hopefully Malone vs Glass sorts itself out.

If Brass could elevate his game that would be huge. He has been scoring, but i hope for more out of him shift-to-shift.

We need Stepan back.

Malone v. Glass has been sorted out. It's Malone.

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
Consistently this season, AV has been a complete idiot with these lines. It's really unconscionable...

We all knew Hags-Brass-Zucc wouldn't work, and yet it had to be shown over three games it was a terrible match

We all saw Zucc-Brass-Marty do NOTHING for half a dozen games last year, and here they are again

Kreider-Brass-Zucc was a good combo after a game together in the pre-season, doesn't start the season together and finally last game they do, and get the tying goal (not too mention the chemistry Brass and CK showed a game ago as well)

And Duke does make something happen out there when he's on the ice--even drawing penalties is beneficial to the team. Once he puts it in the net, he'll be off...

And Glass still in the line-up???

Really questioning what the **** he is doing with out lineup? Jesus...

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Bernmeister gets his wish, dat first line.

I actually like that line myself, hope it performs.

No problem with scratching Duclair for a night, but San Jose is a team Duke would benefit the Rangers playing against. Tanner Glass doe, okay.

Zuccarello Awesome*

Duclair better not be scratched. He's been solid in every game he's played. Certainly better than some of the veterans.

The lineup SHOULD be:

Kreider Hayes Nash [ all 3 have size: 6'3", 6'4", 6'5"; Nash is the shooter, Hayes is the playmaker, and Kreider is the forechecker/speedster/creating room/net crasher ]

Stempniak D.Moore St. Louis [ all 3 have speed; Stempniak is hot right now, D. Moore plays better with better linemates and is familiar with MSL who will get more touches and better opportunities being back on the wing ]

Duclair Brassard Zuccarello [ Our most successful line last season with Duclair replacing Pouliot. Brassard and Zuccarello want to pass the puck into the net, so put them with a guy who wants to SHOOT the puck! What a concept!

Hagelin Mueller Malone [ Hagelin on the fourth line shows our elite depth on the wings (thanks largely in part to the accelerated development of Duclair and the surprise performance of Stempniak). Mueller gets a chance at center and Malone brings a well-rounded game: net-front-presence, soft hands, physicality, smart two-way play ]

Glass

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Duclair better not be scratched. He's been solid in every game he's played. Certainly better than some of the veterans.

The lineup SHOULD be:

Kreider Hayes Nash [ all 3 have size: 6'3", 6'4", 6'5"; Nash is the shooter, Hayes is the playmaker, and Kreider is the forechecker/speedster/creating room/net crasher ]

Stempniak D.Moore St. Louis [ all 3 have speed; Stempniak is hot right now, D. Moore plays better with better linemates and is familiar with MSL who will get more touches and better opportunities being back on the wing ]

Duclair Brassard Zuccarello [ Our most successful line last season with Duclair replacing Pouliot. Brassard and Zuccarello want to pass the puck into the net, so put them with a guy who wants to SHOOT the puck! What a concept!

Hagelin Mueller Malone [ Hagelin on the fourth line shows our elite depth on the wings (thanks largely in part to the accelerated development of Duclair and the surprise performance of Stempniak). Mueller gets a chance at center and Malone brings a well-rounded game: net-front-presence, soft hands, physicality, smart two-way play ]

Glass

I can get behind this, but I doubt it is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille