GDT: San Antonio Rampage @ OKC Barons, Saturday 12/15 6PM MDT

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Eberle has 17 goals on 66 shots now. That's a completely unsustainable 25.76 shooting %. He should revert to the mean anytime now and shoot about 10-12%. Anytime now Jordan, any time. HOW DARE YOU GO AGAINST MATH YOU ARROGANT *****! :madfire: :sarcasm:

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
Were still being outshot 17-15. Okc retweeting a fan saying Eberles goals are some of the best he has seen in a while...wish I could be watching this :(

franfrey*

Can someone tell me what the decertification means exactly for the young players?

Bouch1337

Mar 19, 2008
Ottawa
Can someone tell me what the decertification means exactly for the young players?

maybe im off the mark but if full decertification happens isn't there no draft/rights/contracts and thus all teams lose all players to UFA status with no contract limits?

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB

As far as I know nothing. It just means the union doesn't represent the players any more. So all players that are not signed become UFA. Also players currently signed can take legal action, that they are not being paid. As far as I can understand it won't mean players under contract become UFA's. They can just take legal action to get the money they would have got if there was no lock out.

Any way, not sure why any one is suggesting that if decertification happens we will lose our young players.

So basically for all players not under a NHL contract will represent themselves. All players signed by NHL teams can sue to get the money they would be getting if there was no lock out. However, players under contract can't just void their contracts.

franfrey*

maybe im off the mark but if full decertification happens isn't there no draft/rights/contracts and thus all teams lose all players to UFA status with no contract limits?

Wtf seriously? So if ever the NHL comes back, the Oilers could be a completely new team? That would be sad... :cry::cry:

EDIT: What okgooil said would make more sense I suppose. Thanks for the quick replies! :)

Bouch1337

Mar 19, 2008
Ottawa
As far as I know nothing. It just means the union doesn't represent the players any more. So all players that are not signed become UFA. Also players currently signed can take legal action, that they are not being paid. As far as I can understand it won't mean players under contract become UFA's. They can just take legal action to get the money they would have got if there was no lock out.

Any way, not sure why any one is suggesting that if decertification happens we will lose our young players.

thanks i guess its just a misconception it seems to be fire and brimstone and chaos an dim not sure if what i thought is assumed or based on something.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
thanks i guess its just a misconception it seems to be fire and brimstone and chaos an dim not sure if what i thought is assumed or based on something.

All of that stuff can only happen if the PA wins every single part of it's anti-trust lawsuit. And if that were to really go on that long, it probably wouldn't matter, because there would be about 8 teams that couldn't survive a 2 year lockout. So by the time everything rolls back around, the NHL will still not open their doors without a CBA, and we'd either have no league at all, or one where we have the same players, + a shot at some decent vets from the dispersal draft.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton

Decertification could potentially eventually lead to all players becoming ufa's however this is most likely not going to happen. Some people are suggesting this is immeninent but they are way off the pa is currently holding a vote which will give the board the authority to, in the future, go ahead with a disclaimer of interest if the nhlpa exec board thinks its the right thing to do. The pa would have to go all the way through the court process and win for this to become a possibility

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
4 points for Arcobello.. He makes a good backpack :sarcasm:

Box score has Eberle at 3 goals on 2 shots. Unsustainable!!!

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
Plante going off again. Heading back to the pk.

Ebs with 3g 1a
Arco with 4a
Schultz with one measly goal ;)

oiler-dude

31960083.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes