Value of: Sami Vatanen before the deadline

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I see the term “top prospect” thrown around a lot but people seem to neglect the fact that they don’t get traded. The best prospect traded in recent years was Erik Brannstrom who was traded for a Selke nominated PPG forward in his prime with an 8 year extension agreed on.
To their credit if haven’t seen Jersey fans mentioning Byram.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
To their credit if haven’t seen Jersey fans mentioning Byram.

I don’t think anyone expects a Byram-level. We’re just talking about better than a B prospect, someone with real Top6 or Top4 upside.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I don’t think anyone expects a Byram-level. We’re just talking about better than a B prospect, someone with real Top6 or Top4 upside.
And on the Avalanche outside of the blue chips I think Helleson, Annunen and Bowers (3C anyway) are at that level.

The Avalanche are in a weird stretch where the rebuild is at least a year ahead expected.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
deal assuming its Zacha
We are in no position to be moving Pavel

Kid has really started to turn it on - and he has size we desperately need when90% of our forwards now and going forward are sub-6’1”

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Vatanen is injured and has missed the past 4 games and isn't playing tonight, so not sure why Eklund is making a big deal about this.
Because Vatanen has skated every day but today, the day Carolina has supposedly been making calls and also is sitting one of their roster forwards

Its not a ‘big deal’, but it has its roots. Vatanen should have skated today even if by himself

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Because Vatanen has skated every day but today, the day Carolina has supposedly been making calls and also is sitting one of their roster forwards

Its not a ‘big deal’, but it has its roots. Vatanen should have skated today even if by himself

Fair enough.

Though I don't recall past instances of teams holding a player out of a morning skate to protect against injury. I would think if there was anything to this a deal would be imminent a would've broke by now (considering the skate was a few hours ago), but I guess we'll see.

Hoping the Devils get moving on some trades sooner than later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad