Recalled/Assigned: Sami Aittokallio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Man the Avs are getting attacked by injuries. I wonder how long Giggy will be out for, and if we'll get to see Sami play again

It'd be a good idea to get a feel for Sami and Calvin in a couple games this year, especially if were planning on going with one of them as backup next year.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
This is better news for Millan (my guess) than anyone else, somehow Pickard and Aittokallio stay healthy despite a wave of injuries and Millan is still stuck on the Cutthroats in a backup role despite playing better than Patterson.

It's a shame how good both Millan and Patterson are, yet they'll be stuck behind at least one of Pickard/Aitto (if traded or backup in the NHL) for awhile.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Back spasm problems generally tend to go away quickly. If you rest for a week you should be good to go.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'd imagine if JSG is still bothered by the spasms, that Aitto will play against New Jersey. Varly will have played 4 straight, and those were played with in a 7 day span. New Jersey is a weaker team and from the east, a perfect time for a backup to play and rest Varly for a divisional road game.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
This is better news for Millan (my guess) than anyone else, somehow Pickard and Aittokallio stay healthy despite a wave of injuries and Millan is still stuck on the Cutthroats in a backup role despite playing better than Patterson.

It's a shame how good both Millan and Patterson are, yet they'll be stuck behind at least one of Pickard/Aitto (if traded or backup in the NHL) for awhile.

Really? Why is Millan the backup?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Thanks. I don't know, I don't follow the Cutthroats much. Millan did go to LE for a week or so when Sami was injured, that explains a little.

Glad to see Sami get an opportunity and thank god it's not Varly who is injured.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Should give Sami some time with Allaire if nothing else. Not sure if Allaire spends any time in Cleveland? I guess Allaire's minion works with the kids down there.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Interesting they didn't go with Pickard, don't they both have similar results in the AHL.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Sami has the most NHL experience so I would imagine that is why he was recalled. But he did play very well when he was last up so it should be interesting to see how well he does.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Sami has consistently outplayed Pickard in training camp and has slightly better numbers. He's #3.

also "back spasms"

Perhaps just saving JSG face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad