Post-Game Talk (GBU): Same Old, Same Old.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Even Dominik Hasek in his prime would be giving up 2-3 goals a game behind this defense. He wouldn't have any 4 or 5 goal games, but no goaltender could succeed when the team in front of him keeps giving up breakaways, turning the puck over in the zone, and sometimes right in front of the goalie...

Eichel 9

Jan 2, 2007
Sounds terrible, but I'm going to be rooting for this team to lose every night at this point, I think the only way Ruff is fired is if we REALLY suck and the fans get on him more. We were lucky to have won against the Islanders, and we were a second away from losing against Montreal. We could easily be on a 6 game losing streak right now,and I'd rather have it that way. If losing every night is going to be what needs to happen in order for there to be change, then I think that's best for this organization.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move
But I can't hear what you're saying

When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye

I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I... Have become comfortably numb

My God Terry we've become the Bills.

omglolnub

Jun 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Sounds terrible, but I'm going to be rooting for this team to lose every night at this point, I think the only way Ruff is fired is if we REALLY suck and the fans get on him more. We were lucky to have won against the Islanders, and we were a second away from losing against Montreal. We could easily be on a 6 game losing streak right now,and I'd rather have it that way. If losing every night is going to be what needs to happen in order for there to be change, then I think that's best for this organization.

I'm starting to get that way myself...it's just tempered in that Ruff probably won't get fired anytime soon.

Hell, the local team for me...Cup champions and all, is also ******** the bed, so I can't exactly watch some good local hockey either :help:

Eichel 9

Jan 2, 2007
Even Dominik Hasek in his prime would be giving up 2-3 goals a game behind this defense. He wouldn't have any 4 or 5 goal games, but no goaltender could succeed when the team in front of him keeps giving up breakaways, turning the puck over in the zone, and sometimes right in front of the goalie...

Which reminds me, I wonder what Ruff's 'legacy' would be if he wasn't lucky to have elite goaltenders saving his ass throughout most of his career :laugh:

Ron C.

Sponsor
Jun 16, 2002
Amherst, NY
Visit site
Some thoughts:

Growing up, it was drilled into us... when you have the chance, clear the zone. Get the puck across your own blue line and then advance. What are our players taught? We seem to not notice or care where we are on the ice. Poor coaching, poor fundamentals.

I love the Gerbe, 5'6" underdog story. He does hustle, but if he has no offence, then Kaleta or McCormick do a better job and 1.4M can be spent elsewhere.

Drew Stafford is and always will be a bust in my eyes. No hockey sense whatsoever.

Leopold is a train wreck. Good riddance next year..hopefully sooner.

Regehr did not have a great game, but I'm glad he's back

Sulzer, however, has one of the worst clearing passes on the team. If he ever hit the tape of a teammate's stick, I would cheer.

Finally, this team is boring. Yes they can be more physical, but take away Vanek, Hodgson and Pommers and their offence is..well offensive.

indigoo

Nov 26, 2011
What's more frustrating, or most, is Ruff sounds so nonchalant. This dude has no cares in the world. Some coaches sound so flabbergasted, so run-down after losses. Job security. Are Darcy and Lindy lovers?

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
I'm starting to get that way myself...it's just tempered in that Ruff probably won't get fired anytime soon.

Hell, the local team for me...Cup champions and all, is also ******** the bed, so I can't exactly watch some good local hockey either :help:
I suspect that won't last for too much longer.
They're on the bad end of the luck spectrum right now and when things finally turn from them, they should be pretty good to dominant.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

I can tell you whatever Miller does, Hasek would be much better. Miller has his great nights, Hasek had way more. Sometimes, I think people in here forget how good Hasek really was.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I love how people are finally aware Regehr is so slow. I was ripped for calling him our 6th or 7th d man,

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
Get ****ing Lindy Ruff off this damn ****ing team. The dude BLOWS. His system? DUMP AND CHASE HOCKEY? THE LEAGUE HAS EVOLVED LINDY!

This team is not playing for this guy? What do we have to sink even lower down and watch our hopes go away to fire this ****ing guy? Un ****ing believable.

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
Some thoughts:

Growing up, it was drilled into us... when you have the chance, clear the zone. Get the puck across your own blue line and then advance. What are our players taught? We seem to not notice or care where we are on the ice. Poor coaching, poor fundamentals.

I love the Gerbe, 5'6" underdog story. He does hustle, but if he has no offence, then Kaleta or McCormick do a better job and 1.4M can be spent elsewhere.

Drew Stafford is and always will be a bust in my eyes. No hockey sense whatsoever.

Leopold is a train wreck. Good riddance next year..hopefully sooner.

Regehr did not have a great game, but I'm glad he's back

Sulzer, however, has one of the worst clearing passes on the team. If he ever hit the tape of a teammate's stick, I would cheer.

Finally, this team is boring. Yes they can be more physical, but take away Vanek, Hodgson and Pommers and their offence is..well offensive.
Gerbe has no offense? I'm more concered about this team wasting money on McCormick, Hecht, Leino, Leopold..... Even Regehr..... This team has a bunch of sorry players. McCormick? Why the **** was he even dressed? Wasn't that physical and didn't even drop them. The dude blows.

CrankyJay

May 17, 2006
Lancaster, NY
Sabres continue to glorify backup goalies.

There were some good moments, and losing to the Bruins on the end of a back-to-back is expected. And they did play better than yesterday, but that's damning with faint praise.

But...the defensive zone...they're not going anywhere playing like that. Seems like every other team when the puck gets on their stick, they can pass and skate it out. Sabres give it right back--and usually inside the zone.

And can we stop this home run passing? forwards need to come back, D needs to make shorter passes to them and work their way up the ice. Every one of those long passes miss or get picked off.

Give Boston's D some credit. The Sabres hardly got any shots off.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Injuries ruined McCormick. When he first came up against these very same Bruins in the '10 playoffs he was a revelation , he hit everything that moved and even created offense his first year... Ever since his big contract he has sucked, might as well send him down and take the $300k hit.

Players that need to go: Hecht, Leopold, Regehr

I've wanted these guys gone since last year. A waste of 8 mil in cap space. Trade all 3 and try to get 2 2nds if we're lucky.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
This was the most lop-sided 1 goal game in the history of hockey (not counting the EN goal).

Boston had a "man advantage" going for sustained periods multiple times, when it was 5 on 5.

And what's up with this horrid crowd at FNC? Miller's save on Bergeron after that beautiful pass from Sekera in the slot was absolutely ridiculous! He threw that leg up there and it reminded me of Grant Fuhr in the 1980s.

There was a whistle right after that and the crowd was rather quiet.

WTF!

The current state of affairs cannot last much longer. Pegula will be tested. Does he have the smarts and the stones to get rid of Ruff? We'll find out soon enough.

And while you are at it Pegula, please show Regier the door as well.

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
5:15 - Scott
8:15 - McCormick
9:56 - Kaleta
14:57 Stafford
15:23 - Vanek

The hottest player in the league is 5th worst in ice time. Unless he is injured, please explain your ******* strategy Lindy?

I hate the misconception that Gerbe is "hustling" putting in an effort. If he was the same size as Foligno or Vanek, then he wouldn't stand out at all. Just because you're a midget and you have to move your legs twice as much as everyone one else doesn't mean you're putting in more effort than John Scott.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
U
- I can't even be bothered to be angry we lost to Boston at home, it just doesn't matter right now, someone wake me up before the next game

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00