Post-Game Talk (GBU): Same Old, Same Old.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Good -

- Miller was stellar.
- Watching Campbell get fed by Kaleta.
- Lots of blocked shots. Lots of hits.
- Ennis converting on his best chance. Nice feed from Stafford.
- Ehrhoff's diving backcheck on Marchand.

The Bad -

- Not many shots.
- Defensive zone coverage gaffs.
- Defensive zone puck security -- just ******.
- Regehr looked slower than ever. Being slow is one thing, being just as soft on the puck as the rest of the defensemen is just terrible.

The Ugly -

- Defensive zone everything, really.

RiotAct

Panickin' 4 Hanifin
Feb 28, 2007
Old Dominion State
There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move
But I can't hear what you're saying

When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye

I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I... Have become comfortably numb

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not only does this team suck, they're ****ing boring to watch too. Just zero fundamentals. Zero drive to win. Zero life.

Zeroes. Yep. They're healthy. There is no urgency from almost everyone. Outside of Miller, Ott, and Kaleta, there isn't a lot of energy from anyone.

indigoo

Nov 26, 2011
Not only does this team suck, they're ****ing boring to watch too. Just zero fundamentals. Zero drive to win. Zero life.

So true, so ****ign true.

Sick of hearing Rob Ray too. Corporate shill at this point. Wet-sock personality. Square-jawed, square-suit smile maker. Boring game, but I'm surprised they didn't get smoked.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Sabres continue to glorify backup goalies.

There were some good moments, and losing to the Bruins on the end of a back-to-back is expected. And they did play better than yesterday, but that's damning with faint praise.

But...the defensive zone...they're not going anywhere playing like that. Seems like every other team when the puck gets on their stick, they can pass and skate it out. Sabres give it right back--and usually inside the zone.

And can we stop this home run passing? forwards need to come back, D needs to make shorter passes to them and work their way up the ice. Every one of those long passes miss or get picked off.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I thought it was Act 5

It's more like Act 3

Regehr and Hecht should be put out to pasture. I don't see what the latter did tonight that Grigorenko couldn't have done.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
everyone on the coaching staff and in the front office is too stubborn to admit that Regehr is a big heaping pile of dino poo

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
I think Hecht just gets thrown out there because Ruff feels he's the only "defensive" or "true" center outside of Hodgson. I don't think he wants to, but Ruff doesn't really have a choice. Fact is, Hecht sucks.

ninja edit: I agree that if that's what you're going to do, give Grigs the minutes instead and see what the kid can do

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
- Foligno put in more effort but looked off with the puck on his person
- Gerbe did a lot of good things but there's only so much he *can* do
- I liked our young centers tonight for the most part
- Our mobile defenders were our best offensive players tonight
- John Scott was great
- They lost to a SC contender in the second of a back-to-back. Eh.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Even on his best nights, Miller is guaranteed to give up 2-3 goals.

Thank you for indirectly proving why giving up 40 shots on goal per game is kind of a ****ing problem, and GAA is the dumbest stat in hockey.

indigoo

Nov 26, 2011
This may be blasphemy but the past few games I've just been so completely bored; I'd rather see this team just buckle completely right now. I suspect without utter failure and embarrassment we'll be stuck with the mediocrity again next year. Front office is a god damn reflection of the playstyle, it's insane.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Good: Miller
Kaleta - someone who cares
Scott - haven't seen him screw up yet

Barely passing: Ennis - because of the goal

Bad: Weber (give aways, DoG penalty), Sulzer (stupid penalty), Regehr (too slow) Sekera (give aways), Ehrhoff (caught up ice giving up odd man rushes),

Who'd I miss?

Bad: VHP - disappeared
Hecht - flashes of the old smooth center surrounded by eons of mediocrity

Ugly: Miller will be burned out mid way thru a shortened season

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I thought Vanek and Pominville were terrible tonight. Hodgson was basically alone on that line all night.

Sekera should be on the 1st PP unit.

Cody McCormick is a horrible player. The guy is useless, he's a decent fighter and willing to go but we could have signed 5 different players like that over the past few years that are at least good defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad