Player Discussion Sam Reinhart, Part II: The Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012

Was thinking about that exact team and their deals when people want a bridge deal for Reinhart. Get a nice term/cap deal while he still isn't a PPG+ player.

Nashville is stacked at D and Bogosian makes more money than everyone not named Subban.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
People think I'm crazy to want 8 but I'm 100% confident to say it's crazy to not get 8 if you can. His career path is monster.

It’s the only smart way to play it. The only outcome were a bridge makes sense is if they are going to buyout the trash and go nuts in ufa.

Otherwise the only outcome where a bridge will turn out good for the team is if Reinhart turns out to be a real bust, somehow getting worse than his elc years.

Every other outcome sucks for the longterm cap.

Reactions: Dingo44

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
You're going to use a guy whose career collapsed because of a genetic disorder (malignant hyperthermia) that caused blackouts and heart arrhthymia triggered by prolonged physical activity?
Everyone points to Okposo, who had a severe reaction to medication from a concussion treatment, as a basis to not sign UFAs.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Reactions: Chainshot

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Didn't we go through this already with Cody Hodgson?
Seriously, though, what do you mean? I expected more commentary about his lack of enthusiasm for Buffalo.

I know it's just an interview and it's hard to read a player, but it's obvious he longs for VAN and there could be a compelling reason to make it happen for him.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Seriously, though, what do you mean? I expected more commentary about his lack of enthusiasm for Buffalo.

I know it's just an interview and it's hard to read a player, but it's obvious he longs for VAN and there could be a compelling reason to make it happen for him.

It means that I'm in no rush to lock myself into a player long term that has pretty serious skating issues.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
It means that I'm in no rush to lock myself into a player long term that has pretty serious skating issues.

oh that's rich :biglaugh:

if you still think, after allegedly watching Reinhart, he has serious skating issues... you have serious seeing issues. wow dude. wow. troll some more :thumbu:

in the vacuum tunnel vision judgement of skating with speed when evaluation "skating issues" ...
there's slow
there's average
there's fast

Reinhart's speed is average all day everyday. I can see both sides to the term argument. Me personally, knowing what he brings to a team, i'd take the chance and lock him up 5+ years :dunno:

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
He certainly doesn't have the skating to play center at the NHL level, which is unfortunate. He does bring an under-rated toughness that is sorely lacking on this roster. Not that he'll stick up for a fellow player, or hit someone hard, but he takes an absolute beating, but seems to be able to stay healthy.

Its unfortunate he needs a new contract. Last year was the year was when the Sabres were supposed to figure out how these pieces fit together. That didn't happen. Now more roster turn-over and leadership issues mean more evaluation of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad