Confirmed with Link: Sam Montembeault Extended (2-Years @ $1M AAV)

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Not yet it isn't, and may never be,

a first round pick for Chairot isn't a W unless that player pans out, and becomes a solid NHLer

So as of now, today, it's a L unless it's proven otherwise

First round picks don't mean anything, if the player turns out to be garbage
Ohhh gawd this is a terrible way to look at it.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Problem is if you trade Allen early if Price starts the season and then is out most of it you end up with Monty here and Primeau in Montreal all season.

Thats a problem ? Just pick up a goaltender for a 4th or on waivers if shit really hits the fan.. Lmao.

What kid is he taking playing time from? Primeau? He would be backing him up.

To call it an L is stretching it quite a bit.
Its a disservice to Montambeault to have him as a backup in the AHL, guys good enough to be a journeyman backup or starter in the AHL.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think management knows Price is sadly done and will be on LTIR early in the season, if not during training camp.
Every goalie who has lower body issues ends up hanging em up.
Ben Bishop
Tuuka Rask
Braden Holtby
I am sure there are more but the movements a goalie has to do a thousand times per game take their toll.
Montembeault will get 35+ games in the NHL and this was a smart move by Hugo.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Price is donezo. He might try another comeback this year because that's what he does, but I doubt he sticks around.

And I say that as someone who loved Price and I'd be on board with his jersey being retired :) Not because I dislike him
Sorry are you a doctor? The injection he got takes up to a month to take effect. If it doesn’t work then he’s likely done

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Trades are about improving your team,

As of this moment in time, a draft pick for Chairot has not improved the team,

And you can just assume it will, right now it's a negative
Montreal isn’t looking to win now and they can’t. It’s a let’s trade chairot And get a 1st when he’s not even worth that and make our team better with that pick in the future. It’s also let’s not pay chairot anymore

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
You don't know that,

I can play that game too,

Maybe Chairot resigns, and we end up keeping a top 4 D instead of ending up with a nothing first rounder?

See how easy it is?

As of today, we are down a top 4 D and don't have anything to show for it, unless that pick pans out.

It's a negative unless it's proven otherwise

A trade is not a W unless it improves the team, right now a first round pick for Chairot doesn't improve the team, it's actually the opposite
Dude we have so many kids that need to play. Chairot sucks let’s be honest. Do you just want a bunch of aging d men and let our prospects rot?

Trades are about improving your team,

As of this moment in time, a draft pick for Chairot has not improved the team,

And you can just assume it will, right now it's a negative
That’s like saying Montreal was stupid for trading Pacioretty for prospects and picks lol one who’s name is nick suzuki and Tatar who was legendary for what he’s expected to do. Your logic is NHL 2022 EA sports worthy

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Sorry are you a doctor? The injection he got takes up to a month to take effect. If it doesn’t work then he’s likely done

I'm no doctor, just realistic lol

Edit: Just to be clear, I see nothing wrong with signing Montembeault, since, you know, there's a huge chance that Price doesn't play more than a few games at a time anymore.

His dedication to coming back is amazing, but as a GM, Hughes gotta secure a backup while working around the cap if Price ever comes back with his 10M cap hit.

Reactions: Tyson

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Thats a problem ? Just pick up a goaltender for a 4th or on waivers if shit really hits the fan.. Lmao.

Its a disservice to Montambeault to have him as a backup in the AHL, guys good enough to be a journeyman backup or starter in the AHL.

Haha, he signed a 2yr 1 way contract for a mil, I’m sure he will be ok. And when Price goes down he will be right back up in the NHL.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad