Confirmed with Link: Sam Montembeault Extended (2-Years @ $1M AAV)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Montembeault is interesting, because he'll make several spectacular, almost impossible looking saves, and then let something past him that most Pee Wee goaltenders would save. It's edge of the seat entertainment to be honest, and I don't recommend it if you're a Habs fan with heart troubles or high blood pressure issues, because it can be rage inducing. You'll never know what will happen though with Montembeault, and his consistency of being inconsistent is entertaining.

This is me. I have to reconcile all the bad goals I let in with the all the sure goals I save.

• Haha
Reactions: Beendair Donedat

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
I like those one way contracts. It makes internal cap teams think twice before taking these marginal nhlers on waivers...

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I'm happy with this signing. Monty is a good punching bag for the tank. He was hung out to dry often last season though seemed to maintain a good attitude and demeanor despite the poor play. Not easy to do as a goalie when the camera is on you every time the opposing team scores.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Dont miss it.

Our tank commander is live.

1658243246490.png

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Goaltenders.
I saw keep them all until they are 26-27.....we never know with these guys

Dubnyk was 26 when
Montembeault is interesting, because he'll make several spectacular, almost impossible looking saves, and then let something past him that most Pee Wee goaltenders would save. It's edge of the seat entertainment to be honest, and I don't recommend it if you're a Habs fan with heart troubles or high blood pressure issues, because it can be rage inducing. You'll never know what will happen though with Montembeault, and his consistency of being inconsistent is entertaining.
Sounds like the perfect tank goalie/ball hockey goalie.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Still kinda weird to me that they opted to give him a good enough deal to keep him around, with the possibility/risk of having him in Laval and going through waivers and all. I guess the Price situation really is as muddy now as it was at the end of the season :confused: Monty taking games away from Primeau in the AHL wouldn't exactly be ideal.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I'm happy with this signing. Monty is a good punching bag for the tank. He was hung out to dry often last season though seemed to maintain a good attitude and demeanor despite the poor play. Not easy to do as a goalie when the camera is on you every time the opposing team scores.
I give him full credit for keeping a positive attitude despite being let out to dry so many times. The fact he was playing hurt too in a losing season was impressive to me. Not sure if he'll ever be a starter but considering our situation, we can afford to give him starts and experience. I think he can at least be a good backup on a competitive team someday.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Still kinda weird to me that they opted to give him a good enough deal to keep him around, with the possibility/risk of having him in Laval and going through waivers and all. I guess the Price situation really is as muddy now as it was at the end of the season :confused: Monty taking games away from Primeau in the AHL wouldn't exactly be ideal.
If they don't trade Allen if Price can play, its another L move by Hughes.

Reactions: GordonGraham

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Primeau needs a backup. There's a lot of back to back in the AHL.

I prefer Montembeault to Desrosiers.

Reactions: Tyson

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
How is this a L move???

If Price plays and Allen backs up, Monty will be the AHL and his salary won’t impact the cap one bit.

1st for Chairot not a W?
Taking playing time away from our kids would be bad.

Its W if:
Carey can't play
Or
Carey can play and they ship out Allen.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

Price is donezo. He might try another comeback this year because that's what he does, but I doubt he sticks around.

And I say that as someone who loved Price and I'd be on board with his jersey being retired :) Not because I dislike him

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Not yet it isn't, and may never be,

a first round pick for Chairot isn't a W unless that player pans out, and becomes a solid NHLer

So as of now, today, it's a L unless it's proven otherwise

First round picks don't mean anything, if the player turns out to be garbage

It’s not an L. Getting a 1st round pick for a avg D is a win all day long.

That's not how it works.

We would have lost Chiarot for free this summer.

Getting assets for him is a W, even if that first doesn't pan out.

A win all day long!

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Problem is if you trade Allen early if Price starts the season and then is out most of it you end up with Monty here and Primeau in Montreal all season.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Taking playing time away from our kids would be bad.

Its W if:
Carey can't play
Or
Carey can play and they ship out Allen.

What kid is he taking playing time from? Primeau? He would be backing him up.

To call it an L is stretching it quite a bit.

Reactions: Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad