Rumor: Sam Gagner to be loaned to the Marlies

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Before this was announced, Comets' fans were moaning that he'd take the spot of a younger player. Now they're moaning he's not going to Utica. :huh:

Whos spot is he going to take??? Wacey Hamilton?? Brendan Woods??? Neither one of those two should have ever been signed. Kero and Gaudette have been invisible. That leaves McMaster and Motte.... Maybe Gaunce slides to center....

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Nice guy; awful GM.
I'd say he's smart. Making it clear to future UFA's we won't bury you in the minors. Second it boosts his value playing on a stacked Marlies team.

For all, we know Dubas was interested in possibly getting Gagner but wants to see how well he fits in with the Marlies beforehand. He would be a great guy to keep in the minors as a depth guy if he didn't fit in at the NHL level.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Canucks continue to bend over for the leafs.

Can't wait for those 4pm pacific games in Vancouver against the leafs later this season.

Reactions: Cogburn

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Good pickup for the Marlies. Lacked a talented centre down there.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Before this was announced, Comets' fans were moaning that he'd take the spot of a younger player. Now they're moaning he's not going to Utica. :huh:

Yeah that really happened :laugh:.

A Canucks fan is one thing buy why would a Comet's fan care about the development of young players? If/when they good they'll just get called up to the Canucks. And it's not like the Comets are overflowing with talent or haven't badly lacked a playmaking center for the last 3 years.

Reactions: PM

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
No rebuilding team will employ this guy. Even at 50%. Its not worth it for him to be taking up a roster spot of a young guy. Maybe he would find ice time on a team like the Pens or something.

He needs to be sheltered.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
You just know how this went Benning

Benning to Canucks staff: "Anyone know if he cap hit goes away if you loan someone to another team?"
* crickets *
Benning: "How come we don't have an expert on this?!?"
"We did. You fired him."
Benning: "Gilman? Oh yeah, he kept telling I was signing bad deals. Maybe he's ready to apologise. I'll call him."

And you know the rest.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
Canucks continue to bend over for the leafs.

Can't wait for those 4pm pacific games in Vancouver against the leafs later this season.
This wasn't to help out the Leafs, but rather to do a favour for the player and his family.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Could see the Leafs acquiring Gagner at the TD as a backup 4C. Hard to imagine Gagner isn’t able to offer something at the NHL level.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
And to think, this guy went 6th overall just ahead of Voracek; a player in his prime coming off an 85 pt season.

Let's all remember this the next time a prospect's stock get's bumped up playing next to near generational players (Kane)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad