Rumor: Sam Gagner to be loaned to the Marlies

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
So the Canucks are going to loan him to the Marlies? I didn't know teams could do that.

Yeah, it's possible. I believe the Leafs loaned a goalie last year to the Chicago Wolves (IIRC, Vegas' farm team).

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Is there a family health situation, or are they just doing him a favor?

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Much more common in the soccer world, where a team would rather their asset get some playing time, rather than sit on the bench. In this case, clearly Gagner isn't in their plans anymore, and are just trying to make this situation as comfortable as possible for him. Lots of AHL teams would be happy to have some talented vets in their lineups, so perhaps this is a win-win....they don't have to pay his 3+ million dollar salary after all.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Gagner's own fault after mailing it in last year after new contact , after very strong season in Columbus , play like a AHL player you become one

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Gagner has always been a bit of an enigma. Looks like a legit scoring pivot for stretches, then looks like an OHL player wearing his big brothers equipment for others.

I think it's a commitment/effort thing. I don't say that often, and I don't mean it as an insult here. Not everyone loves their job, even if it's a highly sought after one.

Good for him that he can be close to family.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Gagner has always been a bit of an enigma. Looks like a legit scoring pivot for stretches, then looks like an OHL player wearing his big brothers equipment for others.

I think it's a commitment/effort thing. I don't say that often, and I don't mean it as an insult here. Not everyone loves their job, even if it's a highly sought after one.

Good for him that he can be close to family.

Nah, Samwise has always been a hard worker. I suspect the grind of 10+ NHL seasons on that tiny body has taken its toll.

Reactions: Aerrol

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'll always remember Gagner as the elite player comparable to the likes of Wayne Gretzky, Paul Coffey, Mario Lemieux, and Maurice Richard.

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
I'll always remember Gagner as the elite player comparable to the likes of Wayne Gretzky, Paul Coffey, Mario Lemieux, and Maurice Richard.

Not everyone makes 8 points in a game.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Was he that bad last year that he doesn't get an NHL spot? Surely he is better than quite a few bottom 6 players?

He's a year removed from a 50 point season , perhaps someone has some insight?

Reactions: JetsFan815

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Was he that bad last year that he doesn't get an NHL spot? Surely he is better than quite a few bottom 6 players?

He's a year removed from a 50 point season , perhaps someone has some insight?

The Canucks don’t want him and no one else want’s his contract as simple as that.

Someone

Jul 11, 2007
Crazy to think he's been so lackluster after the decent rookie season he had, The guy just never really progressed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad