Rumor: Sam Gagner to be loaned to the Marlies

MalkinsPierogi

Aug 15, 2016
Indiana, PA
I know as a Pittsburgh fan, I'd much rather have Sam Gagner slotted into my lineup over Brandon Sutter. Gagner was drafted higher and has outproduced Sutter every step of the way, but Brandon Sutter has this air attached to him that he is a "3rd line center." Sutter plays no special defense. Sutter has no special offensive skills. Sutter is not a solid backchecker. He's actually a huge floater with limited skills. Don't mind my angry rant, I was just stuck watching Brandon Sutter play way too many times. :help:

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
Benning just wants to get rid of the contract and no better way of doing it than by using the hype machine that is the Maple Leaf organization. If he plays well it will not go unnoticed.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Gagner has had a pretty respectable career for how much hate he gets. 443 points in 770 career games despite playing almost exclusively on crappy, low scoring teams. He played 9 of his 11 seasons on Edmonton, Arizona, and Vancouver lol... Last year was the only full season he played where he failed to score at a 44+ point pace - was essentially a 50 point pace player for the majority of his career. Pretty impressive considering how terrible his team's were offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad