Recalled/Assigned: Sam Gagner recalled

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Well that's interesting, I didn't think we'd see him again. He isn't tremendously effective at this level, it was a bad signing from the get go and I was happy when he got cut, that said with the injuries that have happened thee case could've been made to call him up earlier. When injuries hit and you insist on giving guys like Schaller or Motte the minutes they've received, both guys who are bad at suppressing goals and can't produce if their lives depended on it, at least Gagner would be more effective in those minutes at producing some semblance of offense.

Reactions: THE Green Man

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Honestly depending who comes out of the lineup it might be an upgrade.

What does Schaller or Motte bring that Gagner doesn't? At least he's scored 40 points for most of his career aside from last year, albeit with very favorable deployment. I wouldn't trust some of our lineup to score 40 points as a pp/extra attacker only or facing an empty net

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Assuming that the merit based decision making we saw in October has been totally thrown out the window now that our roster is “set,” I don’t expect that he’ll be waived again

Well, Gagner has posted 15 points in 15 games and other than stating he was upset he wasn’t told directly about the demotion, has kept a professional attitude about it. A move like this isn’t without precedent -
same thing happened to Trent Klatt in the late 90s and he spent about 44 games down on the farm before coming back.

Granted, I didn’t think we would see him back up anytime soon. But with our power play going anemic, I guess it’s time to start throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Jim Benning strikes again! Gilman must be wondering what hit him.

Reminded of the scene in Dumb and Dumber when Lloyd returns with the mini bike and surprises Harry.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
They are probably sending Gaudette down

Let’s see what Sam can do he must have a fire lit under his you know where. If he doesn’t perform now he is probably out of the show for good. Good player management to send him down and bring him up now in our time of need and give him a chance to step up in his current state of mind.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Someone is going to reply and say Gagner taking spot away from young players. This myth been going on for years. The fact is the young players in Utica are not ready. Dahlen is not ready yet. Jasek Palmu Lind Gadjovich are no where close to being ready. Every young players that got sent down after training camp wasn't ready.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad