Recalled/Assigned: Sam Gagner recalled

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Why does Motte, Schaller and Leipsic the plug deserve a spot than Gagner? These players have been trash.

Reactions: PM

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
Sam Gagner is a 40-point playmaker at the NHL level. This year, he was the casualty of the Canucks wanting to give younger players, i.e., Goldobin and Leipsic, an opportunity.

I think it's worth seeing what he can bring while this team is still depleted by injuries. Elias Pettersson needs competent offensive support on his line.

E40

Nov 18, 2018
Here's hoping he can add some finish for Petterson, or the very least some run support for Bo.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
5th in points on the Canucks last year, 2nd on the Marlies with points at a PPG in 15, even at a -2 I'm optimistic if we can work him into a PP/top six role.

Wildcarder

Oct 21, 2008
Toronto
Hope the idiot gets booed out of the building

Why though? It's not like he hasn't given effort, he's just not been very good. You could say the same about a lot of existing Canucks forwards. Not Gagner's fault that Benning gave him the contract he did.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
Should have been called up when 2 of so called top-6 forwards went down. The fact that we have played the pile of crap knows as Shaller in the top 6 for more than 5 minutes is BS. Gagner might not be an elite player but at least he can score in a top6 role.

Dahlen isn't looking like an NHL player right now, I think he will be he needs to acclimate himself to NA game. Sure I could be wrong about Dahlen, but I think he will be an NHL-player in the end.

Reactions: Zippgunn

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
I love a redemption story so I hope for good things for Gagner, Now put him with EP and on the PP and try and boost his trade value some.

Also IMAC has the hottest takes

Yup get Goldy off PP1. He doesn't suit well in Boeser's spot and he's more of a playmaker with his constant cross ice passes. Let him run the 2nd unit while Gagner is a right hand shot in Boeser's spot.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Why does Motte, Schaller and Leipsic the plug deserve a spot than Gagner? These players have been trash.
Motte has been decent on the PK (I think?) and he does have good speed to keep defenders honest. But those other two... yeah see ya

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
Why though? It's not like he hasn't given effort, he's just not been very good. You could say the same about a lot of existing Canucks forwards. Not Gagner's fault that Benning gave him the contract he did.
Cause he’s a baby, wouldn’t go to Utica because he wanted a direct flight when the team is paying him millions of dollars

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Cause he’s a baby, wouldn’t go to Utica because he wanted a direct flight when the team is paying him millions of dollars
I don't believe it's ever been reported that Gagner had any sort of objection to going to Utica, nor do I believe the move to Toronto was at his request. The Canucks were apparently just trying to do him a solid and increase his trade value.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
I don't believe it's ever been reported that Gagner had any sort of objection to going to Utica, nor do I believe the move to Toronto was at his request. The Canucks were apparently just trying to do him a solid and increase his trade value.

I mean, given the care and attention they seem to give to utica generally, I think it's possible they just forgot they had a farm team to send him to

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
He wanted to be a direct flight away

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->