News Article: Sam Gagner, back

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
2 more goals than 6 other forwards that have played 6-9 games and 8-14 minutes a night :laugh:

I knew he'd do something yesterday. Either goal, scrap or something impactful. So happy to see.

McLoed needs to watch and learn from Gagner. The blue paint is where the goals are. Not going wide and swinging behind the net.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
2 more goals than 6 other forwards that have played 6-9 games and 8-14 minutes a night :laugh:

I knew he'd do something yesterday. Either goal, scrap or something impactful. So happy to see.
He's a smart player, who has some skill and (like I've said over and over) never quits. That motor is part of what the team could use in the bottom-6.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
McLoed needs to watch and learn from Gagner. The blue paint is where the goals are. Not going wide and swinging behind the net.
Said for awhile and once we signed gagner that McLeod and Holloway need that vet to have conversations with them. Kind of like how Malone did in Bakersfield. Desharnais spoke very highly about him saying he had a bad game one time and Malone just told him forget about it. No one blames you. We need more of that so guys aren't getting down on themselves. That and the good old "you aren't getting points, find another way to get engaged in the game.
He's a smart player, who has some skill and (like I've said over and over) never quits. That motor is part of what the team could use in the bottom-6.
I feel we have a lot of guys with motors in our bottom six problem is they are fighting it so much that the boat is still on the trailer so the motor is doing nothing.

All these guys are flying around out there, but they are kind of just burning energy.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Said for awhile and once we signed gagner that McLeod and Holloway need that vet to have conversations with them. Kind of like how Malone did in Bakersfield. Desharnais spoke very highly about him saying he had a bad game one time and Malone just told him forget about it. No one blames you. We need more of that so guys aren't getting down on themselves. That and the good old "you aren't getting points, find another way to get engaged in the game.

I feel we have a lot of guys with motors in our bottom six problem is they are fighting it so much that the boat is still on the trailer so the motor is doing nothing.

All these guys are flying around out there, but they are kind of just burning energy.
There's a difference between cardio and a motor. Cardio is alot of skate and hitting to no end, Erne.

A Motor, in my mind, is a drive to never quit on the play, game or puck and relentless positive effort.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
There's a difference between cardio and a motor. Cardio is alot of skate and hitting to no end, Erne.

A Motor, in my mind, is a drive to never quit on the play, game or puck and relentless positive effort.
Ah fair enough. I totally agree. I guess maybe I call it drive or something lol.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
It must be incredibly frustrating playing with him. He’s a complete anchor on offence. Last night a winger shot the puck and Wedgewood kicked out a juicy rebound. Sure as shit no one is there because McLeod is 20 feet out skating along the boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad