News Article: Sam Gagner, back

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
How is Alex Giroux a comparable? Gagner has played 130 NHL games in the last two seasons.
Guys like Ryan and Janmark are better comparables IMO.
Lavoie should still be the first callup but Gagner should still be serviceable in NHL
I use him as a comparable because of the speed issue. Both guys were able to dominate the AHL due to their smarts

North

Jun 25, 2009
Alex Giroux use to put up 100 point seasons in the AHL, but come NHL he couldn't do shit.

Gagner has good hockey IQ and vision that can definitely light up the AHL for awhile yet.

I like what he can potentially bring to this roster, but we shall see if he can do it at NHL level.

I mean Gagner may not have been a world beater offensively in the NHL but it wasn’t like he was inept either.

Alex Giroux is not a comparable at all in this situation.

Reactions: AM

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I mean Gagner may not have been a world beater offensively in the NHL but it wasn’t like he was inept either.

Alex Giroux is not a comparable at all in this situation.
Gagner paced for 24 points last year with a decent amount of PP time. I don't think we should be expecting much offense from him this year.

I see him bringing in leadership. Net zero to our bottom 6 and a guy that can work with McLeod, Holloway and even Broberg to give them confidence when they aren't putting up the points.

I also assume he'll have a scrap in the next 3 or 4 games for some reason.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Gagner paced for 24 points last year with a decent amount of PP time. I don't think we should be expecting much offense from him this year.

I see him bringing in leadership. Net zero to our bottom 6 and a guy that can work with McLeod, Holloway and even Broberg to give them confidence when they aren't putting up the points.

I also assume he'll have a scrap in the next 3 or 4 games for some reason.
Well , he just needs to produce more than Desharnais to be our most productive bottom 6 forward considering our bottom 6 has so far a grand total of 1pt. That too an assist on EN goal.

No one expects Gagner to be scoring 10pts

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
I love Sam. He's got the biggest heart in the world. If he had the physical ability of a guy like, say Foegle he'd have been unstoppable.

"We'll never be able to make you a rabbit, but we can make you a really fast turtle" - Dave Gagner to Sam.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Well , he just needs to produce more than Desharnais to be our most productive bottom 6 forward considering our bottom 6 has so far a grand total of 1pt. That too an assist on EN goal.

No one expects Gagner to be scoring 10pts
Desharnais is a forward now?

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
People said you were off your rocker because you just made things up.
I didn't actually. Our wingers collectively are pretty old. Anything averaging 30 is old. Now its reasonable to have that in topsix, but it isn't in bottomsix as well.

Old, slow and soft is what I was saying. Just because some clubs that have already won cups are older doesn't mean it isn't a problem.

As far as the soft component in one game Kane rode roughshod over the flames and has to play sheriff because nobody will play the role. Kane isn't going to be able to do that by himself 82 games of the year. The lineup as is, its soft, real soft.

Last edited:

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I didn't actually. Our wingers collectively are pretty old. Anything averaging 30 is old. Now its reasonable to have that in topsix, but it isn't in bottomsix as well.

Old, slow and soft is what I was saying. Just because some clubs that have already won cups are older doesn't mean it isn't a problem.

As far as the soft component in one game Kane rode roughsod over the flames and has to play sheriff because nobody will play the role. Kane isn't going to be able to do that by himself 82 games of the year. The lineup as is, it’s soft, real soft.
Nvm.

Last edited:

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Gagner never plays on playoff teams. This is a throw-the-towel move. At least, they have their first round pick this year. I wonder if they could move some players at the trade deadline. Kane, Ceci, Kulak, maybe Foegele if he plays well. Maybe Draisaitl in the off-season. Time to accumulate some assets and retool.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Gagner never plays on playoff teams. This is a throw-the-towel move. At least, they have their first round pick this year. I wonder if they could move some players at the trade deadline. Kane, Ceci, Kulak, maybe Foegele if he plays well. Maybe Draisaitl in the off-season. Time to accumulate some assets and retool.

Wha...what?

I think we need to start discussing creating some forum rules to stop this type of shit posting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad