Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
F0048481-2AF3-4E12-AD62-AB0D87E034FB.gif

Sam Gagner, the Oilers Terminator.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Hopefully Gagner informs the rest of the NHL that he expects the Jason Spezza treatment - I signed to play my final season with the Oilers (and Bakersfield when necessary for roster/cap purposes). If anyone else tries to claim me off waivers, I'll retire immediately.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him retire in the next few weeks. I don't even think Bakersfield is an option anymore for him.

He's given it his one last crack and if he can't cut it I'd be shocked if he doesn't retire.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I like him vastly more than the majority of guys we have brought in for the bottom part of the roster.
Can still provide a bit of offense, he learned how to play a lot better D over the years and even penalty kill and he is still a high character guy.

He was good the last time he was here for being included in a trade.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hopefully Gagner informs the rest of the NHL that he expects the Jason Spezza treatment - I signed to play my final season with the Oilers (and Bakersfield when necessary for roster/cap purposes). If anyone else tries to claim me off waivers, I'll retire immediately.
Lol. That won't be necessary.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He’s played 3 games in Bakersfield and has 5 points. Seems to be doing okay there.
Alex Giroux use to put up 100 point seasons in the AHL, but come NHL he couldn't do shit.

Gagner has good hockey IQ and vision that can definitely light up the AHL for awhile yet.

I like what he can potentially bring to this roster, but we shall see if he can do it at NHL level.

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Alex Giroux use to put up 100 point seasons in the AHL, but come NHL he couldn't do shit.

Gagner has good hockey IQ and vision that can definitely light up the AHL for awhile yet.

I like what he can potentially bring to this roster, but we shall see if he can do it at NHL level.
How is Alex Giroux a comparable? Gagner has played 130 NHL games in the last two seasons.
Guys like Ryan and Janmark are better comparables IMO.
Lavoie should still be the first callup but Gagner should still be serviceable in NHL

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I like him vastly more than the majority of guys we have brought in for the bottom part of the roster.
Can still provide a bit of offense, he learned how to play a lot better D over the years and even penalty kill and he is still a high character guy.

He was good the last time he was here for being included in a trade.
This. Welcome back Gagner. For sure hes lost a step but anticipates better and 200ft player and can even pk now. Gagner is a feel good player and important to have guys like that in the room.
Hey, he also had one game stats well over Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl..:monkey::monkey::m-dance:

Last edited:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Fair, but Joe he's been consistently at the NHL level for the past several years. He's not a game breaker, but he's clearly NHL quality

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad