Confirmed with Link: Sam Bennett and 6th (2022) traded to Florida for 2nd (2022) and Emil Heineman

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Add another assist to the pile

10 games - 15 points (6 goals, 9 assists)

But has anyone told the Panthers they're doing it wrong and that Bennett should be on the fourth line because that's all he's earned

I am not buying it, let see if he can do it with Nordstrom

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Two points in two periods against Tampa, meh lets see him do it against a real team.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Don’t feel so bad

leafs fans think he is worth less than Kerfoot and Oilers fans think he is worth Chiason

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I am not buying it, let see if he can do it with Nordstrom
> Be Sam Bennett
> Be your team's best player in the most important games, AINEC
> start every regular season at the bottom of the lineup because your coaches are idiots and your GM is infatuated with Sean Monahan who should have been traded years ago.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
> Be Sam Bennett
> Be your team's best player in the most important games, AINEC
> start every regular season at the bottom of the lineup because your coaches are idiots and your GM is infatuated with Sean Monahan who should have been traded years ago.
Ward was the worst thing that happened to the flames, Treliving is close second

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I personally think Treliving has had a lot more of a say in line-up decisions than we think. He's always been obsessed with cap management and squeezing every penny away from RFAs and I think he was fine with keeping Bennett down as a bottom 6er as a way to cut costs.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
I've joked with people about the team of a half dozen geniuses in Florida required to decide to play Bennett nearly 20mins/night at centre with talent to allow him to play to his potential. But I think they deserve some real credit in recognizing the style he plays it's worth giving him a maintenance day if there is anything wrong so he's good to go for 20mins the next game.
In Calgary we might have seen something like that and instead tried to staple Troy Brower to him for a week and demote his minutes hard if he can't stay hot with all we done for him.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
yeah but any of them put him on 4th line wing AFTER a great playoff and on his contract year?

that’s beyond stupid

Gulutzan did, 2017-18 after Benny was great at center in the 2017 playoffs only to be Janko's LW

Peters did, 2019-20 after Bennett went superstar mode in the 2019 playoffs

Huska is doing the same to bury Kylington through three head coaches.

Burke drafted Hunter Smith and Brandon Hickey lol. Hunter Smith. With Brayden Point available. Because size.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Really being traded and an RFA made Bennett expansion draft exempt? Or did your humour go flying over my head
If I have to explain it... Then it's not funny.

awk.jpg

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018

Panther fan coming in peace. It’s not just the scoring that Bennett has brought to the Panthers, it’s the way he follows through on checks, the way he he’s not afraid of a scrum or sticking up for a teammate. A lot of teammates are playing bigger, Tippett is playing bigger and it’s allowed Weinberg to slide down to 3rd line center. GM Zito has made some great moves this year. Duclair, Wennberg, Forsling, Montour, Gudas & then Bennett!

Reactions: CanucksSTM

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
It’s honestly a joke. The Flames should be embarrassed about how they handled and developed Bennett. If any positives should come of this, the Flames need to look at why is he having success there and why he didn’t here. And I know we all joked about 18 year old Sam Bennett and playoff Sam Bennett. But the fact remains he showed these flashes before.

Yes, he played with Gaudreau and Monahan this year. But he never got to center Johnny for an extended period and that in itself is a joke. Monahan has had a 2 year leash of being stapled to Johnny, there’s no reason that after last seasons playoffs Bennett should have not been given that opportunity.

Anyways I’m happy as hell for Sam and am glad he’s enjoying playing the game having this success.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It’s honestly a joke. The Flames should be embarrassed about how they handled and developed Bennett. If any positives should come of this, the Flames need to look at why is he having success there and why he didn’t here. And I know we all joked about 18 year old Sam Bennett and playoff Sam Bennett. But the fact remains he showed these flashes before.

Yes, he played with Gaudreau and Monahan this year. But he never got to center Johnny for an extended period and that in itself is a joke. Monahan has had a 2 year leash of being stapled to Johnny, there’s no reason that after last seasons playoffs Bennett should have not been given that opportunity.

Anyways I’m happy as hell for Sam and am glad he’s enjoying playing the game having this success.
Hox, c'mon dude, you're way smarter than this. Wait and see what he does next year before declaring anyone should be embarrassed, because as you've said, he showed the flashes before. And let's not pretend when he had his flashes he suddenly had better linemates either, because he didn't, he wasn't f***ing good enough to outscore Mark f***ing Jankowski when they played together. So blaming opportunity is nothing but another f***ing excuse. This kid has gotten more bullshit excuses made for him by fans than a cheating husband gives their wife. Calgary Sam Bennett was a bust and that was on him, if he succeeds in Florida, it's not because of opportunity, it's because he finally pulled his f***ing head out of his ass and started giving an honest effort every f***ing night, which is not something he ever did here. When was the last time Sam Bennett put forth the effort we are seeing in Florida and it wasn't the playoffs? Not since his rookie season.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Hox, c'mon dude, you're way smarter than this. Wait and see what he does next year before declaring anyone should be embarrassed, because as you've said, he showed the flashes before. And let's not pretend when he had his flashes he suddenly had better linemates either, because he didn't, he wasn't f***ing good enough to outscore Mark f***ing Jankowski when they played together. So blaming opportunity is nothing but another f***ing excuse. This kid has gotten more bullshit excuses made for him by fans than a cheating husband gives their wife. Calgary Sam Bennett was a bust and that was on him, if he succeeds in Florida, it's not because of opportunity, it's because he finally pulled his f***ing head out of his ass and started giving an honest effort every f***ing night, which is not something he ever did here. When was the last time Sam Bennett put forth the effort we are seeing in Florida and it wasn't the playoffs? Not since his rookie season.

he really never got to play C. Sam Bennett as a W never worked. But as a C he Dube and Looch was our best line in the playoffs. He got moved from C in the third period of game 1 this season.

But like others have said we moved Lindholm to C (which was a good idea) but we still should have moved Monahan to wing (or traded him for a player like Batherson like I suggested last summer).

I think the next guy we will mismanage by playing them at RW is Dube. He’s not a great offensive player, like Bennett or Backlund, but all guys bring things that allow them to drive possession which will lead to points. There is no way Bennett keeps up this offensive pace over a full season though.

and I know you will say ‘what have they proven over Monahan?’ Bennett never got a chance at C despite being the highest pick ever in Calgary. Our organization has pigeon-holed players into certain roles they aren’t best suited for. And our org also tend to overlook mistakes by vets but punish young players after they haven’t played in a month (see Kylington, despite the fact I don’t think we’ve lost more than 1 game with him in the lineup). The organization has had a fear of change and it’s why it’s so stale and unsuccessful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad