Confirmed with Link: Sam Bennett and 6th (2022) traded to Florida for 2nd (2022) and Emil Heineman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
Roslovic (when playing a 1C role) had 10 points over an 8 game stretch when he was traded to Columbus earlier in the year. He was pulling off crazy moves and making legit plays all around the ice. Now he has 32 points in 45 games.

Barabanov isn't a centre but he's ppg since joining the Sharks, is he going to do that going forward?

Looking over it, it is rare for a true centre to be traded to a contender at the deadline and be put in their top 6 as most teams centre positions are set in stone if they are a contender. Regardless, it isn't out of the ordinary for someone to be traded to a new team and find immediate success. Look at Vrana and Mantha, both are popping off after the trade but no sane person thinks either of them will maintain goal per game paces.

After 400+ games of sub-par play as a Flame, it is going to take more than 9 games to crown Bennett anything close to a #1C in the NHL. If we look back a season from now and he and Barkov are the most feared duo in the NHL, I'll gladly eat my words, but as Flames fans we've seen this story time and time again where 'playoff Bennett' can't translate to an 82 game season pace.

So, no comparables.

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
Did you not read the whole first paragraph of Roslovic's production being comparable and unsustainable?

Different pedigrees and Bennett has blown up in the only stretch he's been afforded. Jack has had plenty of time to settle into Columbus's system and has hardly been a revelation, whereas Sam hit the ground running with Florida. Adorable, though, that even your cherrypicking failed, as Jack's best stretch is shorter and with fewer points. So, again, know of a center traded at a deadline in the past decade (or more) who has bested 13 points in 9 games?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Different pedigrees and Bennett has blown up in the only stretch he's been afforded. Jack has had plenty of time to settle into Columbus's system and has hardly been a revelation, whereas Sam hit the ground running with Florida. Adorable, though, that even your cherrypicking failed, as Jack's best stretch is shorter and with fewer points. So, again, know of a center traded at a deadline in the past decade (or more) who has bested 13 points in 9 games?
You asked a question and got an answer, then you go and move the goalposts when you get an answer you didn't expect? You will fit right in with the others

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Bennett also has less hair which is equally as important as the points you’ve brought up.

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
You asked a question and got an answer, then you go and move the goalposts when you get an answer you didn't expect? You will fit right in with the others

Moved the goalposts? The answer didnt correspond to the question.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Moved the goalposts? The answer didnt correspond to the question.
Yes it did, especially Roslovic. If you aren't capable of understanding answers to your own questions, then maybe you need to ask different questions.

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
Yes it did, especially Roslovic. If you aren't capable of understanding answers to your own questions, then maybe you need to ask different questions.

Roslovic doesnt equate. 10 pts in a cherrypicked 8 game stretch is not equal to 13 pts in 9 games, which is the only opportunity Sam has had with his new team. Roslovic also was not a deadline acquisition, which was part of my question.

I can admit that a big reason I support Bennett is because he plays for my favorite team. Can you and those like you admit that being a Flames fan and being bitter that Sam is no longer in Calgary is a significant reason for why you think so little of him? Cause I can respect honesty.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Roslovic doesnt equate. 10 pts in a cherrypicked 8 game stretch is not equal to 13 pts in 9 games, which is the only opportunity Sam has had with his new team. Roslovic also was not a deadline acquisition, which was part of my question.

I can admit that a big reason I support Bennett is because he plays for my favorite team. Can you and those like you admit that being a Flames fan and being bitter that Sam is no longer in Calgary is a significant reason for why you think so little of him? Cause I can respect honesty.
How the f*** was it cherry picked? It was literally his first 8 games there and did so a much more offensively inept team. And when a player is acquired is completely irrelevant, all you are trying to do is manufacture the bullshit answer you want.

I personally don't give two f***s what Bennett or the Panthers do I'm just glad he's gone and wish his fan club would follow him there. And I have never thought much of Bennett, so him being traded hasn't changed a damn thing.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
There is a difference between a lie and a mistake, I didn't realize the guy omitted Roslo's first two games. But still 10 points in 10 games fits your parameters pretty well considering how terrible offensively the BJs have been

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Roslovic (when playing a 1C role) had 10 points over an 8 game stretch when he was traded to Columbus earlier in the year. He was pulling off crazy moves and making legit plays all around the ice. Now he has 32 points in 45 games.

Yeah but what Roslovic was doing was obviously unsustainable - he was shooting at like 30% over that stretch.

Bennett's underlying numbers suggest he should be scoring at a 40 goal 80 point pace.

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
There is a difference between a lie and a mistake, I didn't realize the guy omitted Roslo's first two games. But still 10 points in 10 games fits your parameters pretty well considering how terrible offensively the BJs have been

You're.......moving the goalposts

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
How a I moving goalposts? I never set any parameters, nor did I ask a question. Maybe you should go join your other 8 Panthers fans on your own board and troll them instead

Of course you're moving the goalposts. I state that 10 pts in a cherrypicked 8 game stretch is not equal to 13 pts in a player's first and only 9 games with his new team, which is immediately met with an excuse. That excuse? In your opinion, Roslo is playing with a less talented team. In other words, moving the goalposts. In other words, you'll grasp at any straws in order to deride Bennett. This is a rather disingenuous "debate" on your part as you simply don't like Bennett. Just state as much and leave it be. None of us "win" here, but if having the last word is very important to you, you go ahead and grab that "W."

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I can't see how Roslovic isn't in a perfectly comparable situation other than the "timing" of his trade. Keep in mind he was sitting out the season before reaching Columbus but if 10 points in 10 games is a preferable way for you to view it that's all right. Roslovic was playing bottom 6 wing in Winnipeg and demanded a trade (just like someone we know) and when he got to his new spot, he was played at centre in the top 6 and popped off for a short few games. I don't understand the condescending tone here when you asked for anyone comparable, I offered a comparable scenario, and then you decided to be holier-than-thou about it. I checked through the last two years to see and I already told you this--it's very rare for centres to be traded at the deadline and those that do normally have a cooling period before popping off ala Duchene and Hayes. I don't understand how you can't see the comparison. Roslovic had plenty of time to settle in, which is why his first 10 games are the sample size?

He's directly comparable, so if the bar your going to set is that high I'll leave it to you to prove Bennett is better than any centre over the past decade cause finding that out ain't worth the effort for you to find an excuse to dismiss it over.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Remember when I used to say Bennett should play on PP1 instead of Monahan

Pepperidge Farm remembers

upload_2021-5-8_19-47-43.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad