Salary Cap: Salary Cap Thread - Waiting for Day Two Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Has The Fourth Period got any track record, or is this Eklund level stuff.

Re Kuemper-Jarry possibilities - I can see the reason for doubt but it is the obvious hockey trade from our end. I know Arizona would probably prefer picks and prospects and to pick someone up from FA, and maybe someone will offer that, but maybe not. There's a decent goaltending crop in free agency and a few splashes aside, it's poor prices unless its cap for cap. Jarry's a guy who could easily go down as a shrewd pick up too and is young enough to be around to have a shot at being around when the Coyotes are next good/have asset value in a couple years.

Plus they've got 8 2nds in the next two years, how many more picks do you need?

Reactions: Gurglesons

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Has The Fourth Period got any track record, or is this Eklund level stuff.

Re Kuemper-Jarry possibilities - I can see the reason for doubt but it is the obvious hockey trade from our end. I know Arizona would probably prefer picks and prospects and to pick someone up from FA, and maybe someone will offer that, but maybe not. There's a decent goaltending crop in free agency and a few splashes aside, it's poor prices unless its cap for cap. Jarry's a guy who could easily go down as a shrewd pick up too and is young enough to be around to have a shot at being around when the Coyotes are next good/have asset value in a couple years.

Plus they've got 8 2nds in the next two years, how many more picks do you need?

The fourth period is super legit. Dave Pagnotta is the main spokesman for it.

Reactions: Peat

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019

giphy.gif

Oh my f***. :laugh: GMs, man...

-edit-

Just kidding it's worse than initially believed. Holy shit. :biglaugh:

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
We’ve been really fortunate to have Letang at the contract he has. My god these contracts.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
All I know is that if Letang wants that kind of money to extend, I would rather blow up the core right now and sell off everyone for draft picks :laugh:

If Letang and Malkin won't take a paycut after this year, this team is absolutely toast.

Why? Letang is 100% worth it if Jones and Oleksiak are taking that type of money. Plus we probably get him for like three years.

Reactions: Night Shift

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Letang's gonna have to call a doctor because he is absolutely going to be erect for longer than 4 hours after seeing this shit today.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Why? Letang is 100% worth it if Jones and Oleksiak are taking that type of money. Plus we probably get him for like three years.

The Penguins aren't going to win with Letang and Malkin not taking a paycut, so if they won't take a paycut, they might as well just trade them.

The only sliver of hope they have left with contending in the future is if Letang and Malkin take massively team friendly deals.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Geno may take a pay cut. Not one substantial enough to make a difference, probably, but he could take a pay cut. I don't think Letang's going to be keen on taking a pay cut from his already extremely friendly deal, playing some of the best hockey of his career, and it likely being his last NHL contract.

All in all, we're probably f***ed. :laugh:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
The fourth period is super legit. Dave Pagnotta is the main spokesman for it.

Oh cool, that's good to know.

*pauses* Interesting that the three players we're linked to are 1 year deals to UFA. Is Hextall going to try and build as solid a team as he can for next year without splashing out much, then whatever comes, comes?

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Off topic; I'm annoyed these assholes didn't wait until the draft to announce this stuff. This is the most "nobody has a f***ing clue" draft in history and the top pick is some almost assuredly made up dude named Owen Power. Save some trades to add some excitement to that snoozefest.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The Penguins aren't going to win with Letang and Malkin not taking a paycut, so if they won't take a paycut, they might as well just trade them.

The only sliver of hope they have left with contending in the future is if Letang and Malkin take massively team friendly deals.

Why would Letang and Malkin take massively team friendly deals?

They already did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad