Salary Cap: Salary Cap Thread - Free-Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
People need to stop *****ing about ERod. He's a good depth player that makes 1 million. He'll be useful at some point this season. And like I've said, Simon is a good 14th forward but realistically they should slap an "A" to his sweater and keep him in WBS with Puust, Poulin and Legare. Maybe he can teach Kasper a thing or two about being freaking durable.

Remember how Sullivan uses Rodrigues and Simon?

Evidently not.

Reactions: Victor Z and Pens x

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
As things stand are we looking at:

GCR
Zuck-JC-Kap
McGinn-Blue-?
?-Erod-?

Fill in the blanks:
Zohorna
ZAR (yuck)
Simon (yuck)
Poulin
Hallander

Few thoughts on it...Zohorna is gonna be a stud. He's my dark horse and people are gonna be impressed.

Poulin and Hallander...we could really use them stepping up, at least one.

Hopefully we get another middle 6 guy...unless I'm missing something.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Still think too much is said about the hurdles Hextall faces in terms of moving contracts, and not enough about Hextall not wanting to. Given the contracts we saw flung around, moving guys like Zucker/Pettersson/Jarry whoever should be a piece of cake if Hextall really wanted to create space. You mightn't get much back, but you've get the space. But we've already heard about how Hextall is targeting hockey trades and not just dumping them for picks.

If he wanted to be ruthless, he could have been.

Reactions: Andy99

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
People need to stop *****ing about ERod. He's a good depth player that makes 1 million. He'll be useful at some point this season. And like I've said, Simon is a good 14th forward but realistically they should slap an "A" to his sweater and keep him in WBS with Puust, Poulin and Legare. Maybe he can teach Kasper a thing or two about being freaking durable.

I ridiculed ERod last year and honestly I don't care that he's back...he's ok in the bottom 6 or rotating in the lineup. Simon on the other hand...NO.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
I ridiculed ERod last year and honestly I don't care that he's back...he's ok in the bottom 6 or rotating in the lineup. Simon on the other hand...NO.

There's literally no risk to the Simon signing though. He shouldn't make this team - he can get valuable minutes in WBS with the kids and IF they need to call him up, it's a familiar face in the system and a player that (although we hated it) can play with Sid or in the bottom-6.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
that was hilarious….hopefully another close up of Sullivan telling Hextall this time how Simon and ERod will score a lot of goals for us when he plays them with Sid…..

Haha…Even though I’m out west, the NHL Network will occasionally air them and they end up on my DVR.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Also, people complaining about ERod's usage when he only played in the top 6 when we had injuries and was HSed in the playoffs, is a kinda weird thing.

Rodrigues only played in the top 6 when the Pittsburgh Penguins had injuries eh? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Pens x

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
If a GM can't find a way to dump at least one of the Zucker, Matheson, Petterson contracts then they're in the wrong profession. Literally nobody is unmovable.

They literally had a deal lined up for Pettersson that fell through.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
you really have a lot of faith in Ron….i wish I had that sort of blind faith because I really haven’t seen much to justify it so far…

We’re like one day into free agency with little cap space. I’m realistic with what he can do. He’s not going to make water turn into wine with what he has to work with right now.

Reactions: Night Shift

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Remember how Sullivan uses Rodrigues and Simon?

Evidently not.

The fact that there's even a chance they could show up for even one shift in the top 6 is appalling -- yeah I know, don't blame the player, blame the fool who puts him in a role way beyond his limited capabilities.

The fact that they could show up in the bottom 6 is almost as bad. If whoever called Rodrigues a "good depth player" meant that he's OK as a 5th/6th liner and plays only in the most dire of emergencies (i.e. the "Jusso Riikola" of forwards) or is just AHL fodder, then maybe OK but his cap hit would still be better spent elsewhere.

Anything more than a severely limited role, especially seeing as how he's already being penciled in by HF Boards coaches as the everyday 4th line center for at least 50% of the season until Malkin returns -- yuck.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
There are certain posters on this board that will ***** no matter what happened today. Isn't it tiring being negative all the damn time? oH My gOd, HeXtaLL dIdN't SigN a SuPerStAr, hE SuCks!!!

Same people would complain if we paid some of the outrageous prices that were given today...

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Also, people complaining about ERod's usage when he only played in the top 6 when we had injuries and was HSed in the playoffs, is a kinda weird thing.

Exactly, he was bumped up in a pinch and did what was asked but when people were back from injury etc he was played where he should have been in the bottom. No issues here.

People will complain about his 1 mil wasted to be used for something else but is anything else really even available....that we dont know. I am sure due diligence was done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad