GDT: Salary Cap Thread - Free Agency Frenzy Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
The dumbest reporting ever is when someone says "The Penguins are working on a big trade. Does it happen? Dunno." If you can take that as click bait, then I don't know what to tell you. It's common sense that Kessel/Letang would be in play IF a return came back JR wants. Let's face it, though, it's unlikely. There is no need for idiotic no-source jabronis to "report" it as something happening.

The PENguins aRE doInG things TOday, aRe thEy HoCkEy THINGS? DUnNo

Reactions: KIRK and Turin

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

I never thought it was realistic, but some people mentioned in the past a Letang for Doughty swap I believe. Just to put the kibosh on that.

Reactions: ColePens

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
The guy is Eklund tier reliable.

Ya...

I see it as he is parroting McGuire, just exaggerating a little more.

But with that said I think there is a little bit of smoke there. Although we've been rumored to make a BIG move since before the draft when rumors where Kessel was getting shipped.

So I guess we just wait and see if any more concrete rumors start to crawl out of the wood work as July 1st inches closer.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Letang’s value keeps going up, boys!
But what is this guy's value?

Simon+Despres+Anaheim+Ducks+v+New+Jersey+Devils+ZyePBWB94AZl.jpg

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Suddenly, Jack Johnson at 5 years for $3.25 million doesn't seem that risky. The Caps just gave a guy with like 20 games of NHL experience a 4 year, $10 million deal.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
People need to stop worrying about the Johnson contract. You can worry about the player for sure, but 3.25 is always moveable and in 5 years the penguins are gonna be trash, regardless of JJs performance. Everything now is for the next 1-3 years, and then someone else will get to put the team back together.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Per Jimmy Murphy:

Can confirm #Pens are working on a big "hockey trade" right now. Does it happen? Dunno. All I know is they're pushing hard and word is they want more "jam with scoring up front"

Idk how credible he is, but it’s obvious the Pens are trying to make a hockey deal. Wonder who the Pens are after.

This is gonna be good :)

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
I keep seeing it being passed on as fact that : Jim Rutherford really likes ______ (player). In the context of “Jim Rutherford really likes him so he’s not getting traded”.

How does anyone know who Jim Rutherford likes? Honestly.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
Jam with scoring up front isn’t Karlsson, Skinner, or Pacioretty.

Unless jam and scoring are two different individuals. Can we stop saying jam?

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Who is available that gives “jam with scoring?”
Regardless of this guy's credibility or lack thereof, if it's a hockey trade, then it might not even be someone who's available. Maybe I'm misremembering, but was Hornqvist thought to be available? I don't think so, but they made him available to get a goal scorer like Neal. If the Pens made Kessel available for example, then they could still land someone who's not being shopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad