Salary Cap: Salary Cap Thread for 2015-16 season - Cap set at 71.4m

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
There's no capgeek, but here are those values.

1. Datsyuk, 7.5M (2 years left)
2. Zetterberg, 6.083M (6 years left)
3. Weiss, 4.9M (3 years left)
4. Nyquist - RFA - (Approx 4.5M, 4-5 years)
5. Tatar - 2.75M (2 years left, RFA)
6. Darren helm, 2.128M (1 year left, UFA)
7. Abdelkader, 1.8M (1 year left, UFA)
8. Miller, 1.35M (1 year left, UFA)
9. Sheahan, 950k (1 year left, RFA)
10. Jurco, RFA (Approx 950k, 1-2 years)
11. Pulkkinen, RFA (Approx 950k, 1-2 years)

12. Glendening, 628k (2 years left, UFA)
---------------------------------
13. Andersson, RFA (Approx 850k, 2-3 years)
14. Ferraro, RFA (Approx 600k, 1-2 years)

Offense Total ~36 million.

1. Kronwall, 4.75M (4 years left, UFA)
2. Ericsson, 4.25M (5 years left, UFA)
3. Quincey, 4.25M (1 year left, UFA)
4. DeKeyser, 2.188M (1 year left, RFA)
5. Smith, RFA (Approx 1.5M, 1-2 years)

6. Marchenko 667k, (1 year left, RFA)
------------------------
7. Kindl 2.4M (2 years left, UFA)

Defence Total ~20 million.

1. howard, 5.292M (4 years left, UFA)
2. Mrazek, 738k (1 year left, RFA)

Goalies Total ~6 million.

LTIR Franzen 3.95M (5 years left)

All contracts Total ~66 million.

With a 71 million cap:

Cap space: ~5 million.

LTIR cap space: ~9 million.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Is 5 mil what we have if we sign all those guys in Dark?

If so, we probably need to cut a couple of them loose to get a Top pair dman, Unless we trade for one.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Is 5 mil what we have if we sign all those guys in Dark?

If so, we probably need to cut a couple of them loose to get a Top pair dman, Unless we trade for one.

Kind of sign "mike green" for 6 million and then trade Smith (approximated 1.5M) and we have 0.5M in cap space.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I don't think Andersson returns, personally.

So you want some veteran like Cleary to be that 13th forward? Those kind of vets are always double expensive than Andersson would be. And I think Joker is a perfect 13th-14th forward. Can help PK and jump in 4th line in injury cases. The main point is, he is cheap and definitely worth of his money. You need this kind of guys in cap world. And I also see him as "next Miller", when it's time to part with Drew. Same player package.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
So you want some veteran like Cleary to be that 13th forward? Those kind of vets are always double expensive than Andersson would be. And I think Joker is a perfect 13th-14th forward. Can help PK and jump in 4th line in injury cases. The main point is, he is cheap and definitely worth of his money. You need this kind of guys in cap world. And I also see him as "next Miller", when it's time to part with Drew. Same player package.

Andersson wont be a miller.

If he wants 1 mil, Id cut him loose

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
The amount of time left on Ericsson's contract is so depressing. He wasn't even worth that deal when he signed that contract.

Nope he wasnt, He did have a decent playoff run though... Not top 2 material play, But maybe top 4 at best.

Next year, Turnovers are bound to happen again.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Ericsson's contract always amazes me. Highly ironical that a player of his quality earns that much with the Winged Wheel on his chest, whereas guys like Tats, Helm and Abby earn at least 1,5M less.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
Ericsson's contract always amazes me. Highly ironical that a player of his quality earns that much with the Winged Wheel on his chest, whereas guys like Tats, Helm and Abby earn at least 1,5M less.

You mean a guy who played 1 season? Or a guy who,is injury prone with hands of stone? Or a guy who just now had a career year but was over his head every other year?

Nyquist won't get 4.5m lol good Lord people.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
You mean a guy who played 1 season? Or a guy who,is injury prone with hands of stone? Or a guy who just now had a career year but was over his head every other year?

Nyquist won't get 4.5m lol good Lord people.

Good to know that you consider E being worth that much and don't claim it being ironical right now.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Need to leave about 1.5 for Cleary

Also with Franzen on LTIR I think his cap counts in the offseason but once the season starts they can then put him on LTIR and free that cap space. I seem to remember this with Pronger but not sure?

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I don't know why the Ericsson contract bothers people so much when we have Weiss taking up $4.9m worth of pressbox every night. And regardless of the love Quincey garnered this year, his deal is the one on the backend that was entirely avoidable and unnecessary.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
No way in Hell that Big Rig is worth that much. Jimmy might have been worth that at the time of the signing, but I think he deserves a pay cut IMO.

E is a middle pairing guy. That's what they get paid these days. Same with Jimmy. Prices go up almost every year. This just is what it is.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
No way in Hell that Big Rig is worth that much. Jimmy might have been worth that at the time of the signing, but I think he deserves a pay cut IMO.

Whether you like him or not he is a established top 4 d man. And in case you haven't seen the trends of last year's FA market the going rate for one of those type of players is 5-5.5 million per. He is signed for around 4.25'ish so he is below market value. He also wouldn't look bad at all if he was slid correctly to where he should be (#4 shut down man on a second pairing).

So your argument is weak at best. He is not a off-d man but he is fine in a second pairing role. He shouldn't be on the top pairing but that is more on Holland not getting someone then him being placed there out of not making the first pairing too heavy with both Kronner and DDK on the same line.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Need to get rid of Weiss. If we could somehow unload him to Toronto in a package with one of our roster D (Smith/Kindl) that would be nice.

If Babcock goes to Edmonton try to unload Ericsson on them. They'll probably take anything at D and Babs must love Big E considering he was an untouchable first pairing for most of this year.

Then bring XO up.

Kronwall-Phaneuf
DK-AM
XO/-Quincey

Keep XO down if we sign Green

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
E is a middle pairing guy. That's what they get paid these days. Same with Jimmy. Prices go up almost every year. This just is what it is.

yep, and if we unload him and then lose Quincey after this year, we'll probably be blowing at least what we spend on E just to bring back someone roughly equivalent to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad