Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building Thread: Get your trade rumors here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I thought Trouba or Buff were widely considered their best defenseman?

Uh no. As someone who watches the Jets and are my 2nd team.

Morrissey i would say is the 2nd most important player and valuable player on the team after Schief.

Ask any Jets fan, they'll say he's easily the best Dman.

Trouba is one of the most overrated players in the NHL.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
LOL. :facepalm:

Faksa on his average is what Sheahan did last season - largely with Kessel on his wing. And he's younger, bigger, more physical, cheaper and overall a better player. Sheahan's biggest issue is the question marks surrounding what he did last season, and whether that's his norm or an outlier - and even some of his bigger fans can't say for certain. With someone like Faksa, that shouldn't be part of the equation given that he's been a 30pt+ player for the previous 2 seasons and is on pace to hit that again. And more importantly he's doing so without Kessel or the likes on his wing.

Ok...he’s a more consistent Sheahan at Sheahan’s peak...go look at his goals above replacement this year, which was cited in the article from Pensburgh I posted a few pages ago...he’s just a notch above Brassard...he’s not having a great year...now maybe he excels here but it’s still a risk that he can be better than Sheahan was last year, and last year’s Sheahan was thought to be replaceable by management...

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I was hoping they would make a trade early and then give the player(s) time to get acclimated but I don't even know if the players are practicing this week anyways so I guess it's a non-issue
well it would make it a lot easier to change cities, tie up lose ends, get settled in. imo

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I was hoping they would make a trade early and then give the player(s) time to get acclimated but I don't even know if the players are practicing this week anyways so I guess it's a non-issue

If they're in their 5 day break, then no they're not. It's a mandated 5 days away from the team and team functions/practices/events.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
If they're in their 5 day break, then no they're not. It's a mandated 5 days away from the team and team functions/practices/events.

I think he meant practicing with Dumo on holding three beers at once while on a Florida fishing trip and Miami club stop.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
FWIW, TIOPS is saying that PIT, CLB and CAR are working on a three way deal whereby Pens would give up a first and Brass and in return we get Ferland and Riley Nash with salary retained...CAR would get a first and second round pick (and have to retain on Nash) and CLB would get Brass and have to give up the second (and Nash obviously)....also says Brass gave a soft trade request about two weeks ago...also says teams like Olek as a depth 6/7 D man but he’s not generating much interest re paying assets for him...

Reactions: EightyOne

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
FWIW, TIOPS is saying that PIT, CLB and CAR are working on a three way deal whereby Pens would give up a first and Brass and in return we get Ferland and Riley Nash with salary retained...CAR would get a first and second round pick (and have to retain on Nash) and CLB would get Brass and have to give up the second (and Nash obviously)....also says Brass gave a soft trade request about two weeks ago...also says teams like Olek as a depth 6/7 D man but he’s not generating much interest re paying assets for him...
Hope not.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

The next time TIOPS is right about something will be the first in the last decade.

I will say though, Riley Nash with salary retained is actually a pretty interesting option for the 3C spot. At $2 million, it may be well worth the gamble.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

That’s really complicated. If TIOPs gets that right then I’ll consider them somewhat credible for the first time in my life.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think Ferland and Nash with retention make the team better than Brass and a 1st round pick, so I personally wouldn't be too upset about it. Would like to see the Pens get a pick to make up for losing that 1st though.
JR has familiarity with Nash so I could see he might find that appealing. But value wise I don't like it. I like Ferland and want us to get him or Dzingel, but Brass and a number one, meh, that's two of our top three trade chips. And to use them on a UFA winger and a guy who's under performing even more than Brass is ( AND who's not nearly as good) is selling low IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad