Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building - The Undisputed Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Acquiring a high pick sounds completely useless given the state of this franchise. Unless they know for a fact they can contribute right away, which I doubt they do.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Wouldn’t even trade Dumoulin for Zaitsev and Kapanen.

Maybe Schultz though if JJ is replaced by someone good :popcorn:

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Acquiring a high pick sounds completely useless given the state of this franchise. Unless they know for a fact they can contribute right away, which I doubt they do.

I feel like there's a chance that pick could but realistically you're probably looking at 2-3 years before you see gains.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I feel like there's a chance that pick could but realistically you're probably looking at 2-3 years before you see gains.

If they even become an impact player. Anything after top 5 you really don’t know.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
If JR views Zaitsev as a viable option then his pro scouts are doing him a huge disservice. You simply cannot come back from that, no how, no way! Hopefully it doesn't happen.
I have really lost confidence in the pro scouts over the last year +.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That’s just so horrible...hopefully JR starts taking his meds again...on another note (following summary courtesy of another poster)...

“Rossi says tonight that the Penguins are listening and having multiple talks with teams on Kris Letang, this according to multiple league sources.

The Penguins, the sources said, had told interested parties that any trade would need to be part of a package that included at least “an impact player on controllable contract and/or a projected future salary-cap hit that was reasonable.”

Rossi says 2 clubs recently contacted Rutherford on Letang. Both clubs are in the Eastern Conference, and both clubs are part of the 18 teams Letang would approve a deal to go to.

GMJR refused to say the Penguins were considering to trade Letang - “I’m not going to get into that,” Rutherford said Thursday night. “It just doesn’t do anybody any good to get into whether I’m having conversations about players. So, I’m not going to say anything about any players I’m talking about. It’s not fair to them.”

Rossi says league sources state Rutherford hoped to leave Vancouver with at least a couple of trade options for Letang or Kessel.

Rossi says separate source states Kessel's preference is to go to Arizona, but Arizona is unwilling to give up any "quality pieces" that would be of interest to the Penguins.

Rutherford also says he is unwilling to retain any salary on a player he might deal. Also says Rutherford is unwilling to target opposing RFAs with offer sheets.

From the sounds of the article, don't expect a big Penguins trade at draft, unless the Penguins do something to acquire a higher pick. Sounds like Rutherford is listening and laying ground work while at the draft, but at the moment doesn't expect a big trade to happen over the next two days.”

GM Diarrhea of the Mouth saying 'I don't want to get into that's about Letang . . . yeah, like that's not a bright neon red flag.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
If Phil really just wants to go to Arizona, who clearly isn’t interested, that says to me that he might be lacking in personal motivation at this point. Not that his commitment to the Pens recently hasn’t demonstrated that already.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Feel like we have been saying this for years tho. And if we would have kept some of those first round picks then....theyd be contributing right now(assuming we picked the right one). Cant keep passing on first rounders because we are built to win now. If we can find more Guentzel types(better chance in the 1st than in the 3rd where we found him) then we extend our window. Get an extra few years out of this era with Malkin/Crosby

Lust for Life

Jun 30, 2018
Again, maybe I'm naive, but I still don't think Letang is being traded. I 100% believe JR wants to do something big and I 100% believe Letang is part of talks, but I don't see how a match is gonna happen. I also think ownership wants to sign off on any trade involving the big three, but maybe that's just stupid thinking.

PS. Adam Cole is fat

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Given that teams have a boner over size again, I wonder what Bjugstad could get, especially from a Western/Central Division team.

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

audioslaved

Jun 3, 2007
What about Kessel and Johnson to the Avalanche in exchange for Barrie and Söderberg?

That would free up either Letang or Schultz while allowing Sullivan to play Bjugstad on right wing.

Schultz for a 2019 2nd round pick perhaps?

Guentzel-Crosby-Kahun/Rust
McCann-Malkin-Bjugstad
Simon-Söderberg-Hörnqvist
Aston-Reese-Blueger-Rust/Kahun

Dumoulin-Letang
Pettersson-Barrie
Riikola-Gudbranson

Perhaps not the sexiest lineup, but a solid one.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
What about Kessel and Johnson to the Avalanche in exchange for Barrie and Söderberg?

That would free up either Letang or Schultz while allowing Sullivan to play Bjugstad on right wing.

Schultz for a 2019 2nd round pick perhaps?

Guentzel-Crosby-Kahun/Rust
McCann-Malkin-Bjugstad
Simon-Söderberg-Hörnqvist
Aston-Reese-Blueger-Rust/Kahun

Dumoulin-Letang
Pettersson-Barrie
Riikola-Gudbranson

Perhaps not the sexiest lineup, but a solid one.

Yes done.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Zaitsev sucks the big peepee

Well, he's kinda been buried there - high DZ starts playing primarily with Gardiner probably wouldn't reflect well on many players. Obviously not somebody you buy high on though, especially at that cap hit.

Probably moot either way since he blabs to the media, which we know wouldn't fly here.

Last edited:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
JR is terrible at evaluating D players in case you haven’t noticed, and no one else in the organization either can or wants to help him

If JR views Zaitsev as a viable option then his pro scouts are doing him a huge disservice. You simply cannot come back from that, no how, no way! Hopefully it doesn't happen.

Some hope here that after the JJ debacle that Sam Ventura's voice gets listened to more in these potential player acquisitions, etc.

Zucker and Kahun would certainly be Sam approved, imo.
See if they keep that up or not...

Reactions: Ryder71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad