Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building - The Undisputed Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
It made a return last season. Via his instagram, the 5th or 6th most recent pic.

64530268_2348036038750649_8561303296327811072_n.png

What a stud.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I hope the draft doesnt go too long. The NBA draft started at 7 and its still going. Its on pick 29 now and I think they do both rounds on the same day.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
What other players will Rutherford alienate before free agency starts?!?!

I guess someone has to anger the players in the off season since Sully can’t.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

That’s just so horrible...hopefully JR starts taking his meds again...on another note (following summary courtesy of another poster)...

“Rossi says tonight that the Penguins are listening and having multiple talks with teams on Kris Letang, this according to multiple league sources.

The Penguins, the sources said, had told interested parties that any trade would need to be part of a package that included at least “an impact player on controllable contract and/or a projected future salary-cap hit that was reasonable.”

Rossi says 2 clubs recently contacted Rutherford on Letang. Both clubs are in the Eastern Conference, and both clubs are part of the 18 teams Letang would approve a deal to go to.

GMJR refused to say the Penguins were considering to trade Letang - “I’m not going to get into that,” Rutherford said Thursday night. “It just doesn’t do anybody any good to get into whether I’m having conversations about players. So, I’m not going to say anything about any players I’m talking about. It’s not fair to them.”

Rossi says league sources state Rutherford hoped to leave Vancouver with at least a couple of trade options for Letang or Kessel.

Rossi says separate source states Kessel's preference is to go to Arizona, but Arizona is unwilling to give up any "quality pieces" that would be of interest to the Penguins.

Rutherford also says he is unwilling to retain any salary on a player he might deal. Also says Rutherford is unwilling to target opposing RFAs with offer sheets.

From the sounds of the article, don't expect a big Penguins trade at draft, unless the Penguins do something to acquire a higher pick. Sounds like Rutherford is listening and laying ground work while at the draft, but at the moment doesn't expect a big trade to happen over the next two days.”

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
JR terrifies me but trading Letang for anything besides a massive overpayment goes beyond any semblance of logic or rationality.

And yeah, you'll probably reply "well jr isnt logical or rational". But this goes beyond the Johnson contract or any other crazy crap he's done.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
From the sounds of the article, don't expect a big Penguins trade at draft, unless the Penguins do something to acquire a higher pick. Sounds like Rutherford is listening and laying ground work while at the draft, but at the moment doesn't expect a big trade to happen over the next two days.”

So when would it happen? What makes sense? Sometime after everything settles after July 1?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
JR terrifies me but trading Letang for anything besides a massive overpayment goes beyond any semblance of logic or rationality.

And yeah, you'll probably reply "well jr isnt logical or rational". But this goes beyond the Johnson contract or any other crazy crap he's done.

I agree. I hesitate to say it but there's no way even JR takes that bad of a deal. He's not even really been a horrible trading GM, anyway.

I mean... unless somehow, some way the team really, really, really thinks Zaitsev is something he's not? I wouldn't think that's possible but this team sure seems to have some bizarre ideas as to what constitutes a quality defensive corps...

Reactions: ColePens

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa

Yeah anyone can be available for the right price... even Crosby... but there is no sense in surrendering the best talent in trades to get lesser talent when you have multiple generational players at the end of their impact player years... I still think the right move is coach related more than overhauling talent... if anything they need another pure finisher and one more defenseman who is able to handle the puck better than a pylon. That can be addressed gambling on lesser players rather than going for the home run.

Im not saying they cannot trade letang... i just think if they do it sure as hell better be the absolute perfect deal or crosby and malkins window slams shut... same with Kessel... you cannot afford to just dump talent like that, and if that means you hold on to them into the season, so be it

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
I think we'll see the Pens be active but the core will stay in tact.

I want a big change anyway.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
wide spread panic in the burgh......similar to when the Pens grabbed Gudbranson......don't jump off the Pittsburgh bridges anytime soon, Its been raining and them waters is high.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Re: Zaitsev

I have no doubt JR still thinks he can polish aturd and acquire a reclamation project d-man a and fix the player.

Hunwick, Johnson and Oleksiak say otherwise.

Old man scares me.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So when would it happen? What makes sense? Sometime after everything settles after July 1?

Probably a few days after the draft is the impression I got since probably wants to come back and mull it over and talk with Mario? Who knows

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I just had a terrifying thought. What if JR deals Letang for that package and then thinks he's going to replace him with someone like Myers.

:damnpc:

Well that Molinari article made it sound like he wasn’t going to sign any big FAs...said JR has no plans to talk to any free agents in the UFA talking window before July 1st. He doesn't expect to sign anybody July 1st. If they sign any UFAs, it will likely be late in the summer and guys who are looking for deals on the cheap. He is concerned about cap space for Murray and McCann in the future, it sounds like.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I agree. I hesitate to say it but there's no way even JR takes that bad of a deal. He's not even really been a horrible trading GM, anyway.

I mean... unless somehow, some way the team really, really, really thinks Zaitsev is something he's not? I wouldn't think that's possible but this team sure seems to have some bizarre ideas as to what constitutes a quality defensive corps...

JR is terrible at evaluating D players in case you haven’t noticed, and no one else in the organization either can or wants to help him

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad