Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building: The Uncoachable & The Unmovable: The Tale of The American Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
That’s actually good value, but Sid (and our hearts) says no either way.

My problem with it is, whos our 2C? If we ignore that trading Geno is a terrible idea, it guts our depth elsewhere. Is the solution to give Duchene 9M? Talk to Duchene during the interview period and then make the trade after.

Reactions: Trade and Andy99

Bruru71

Jun 25, 2014
My problem with it is, whos our 2C? If we ignore that trading Geno is a terrible idea, it guts our depth elsewhere. Is the solution to give Duchene 9M? Talk to Duchene during the interview period and then make the trade after.
Don't think this rumor has much legs after Sid spoke out against trading Geno. Probably just recycled from the Kingerski speculation a few weeks back.

Reactions: Trade and KIRK

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
SOURCE : les Panthers et les Penguins discutent de Jonathan Huberdeau et Evgeni Malkin

I was really hoping the Malkin Rumours would die. Apparently Huberdeau + 1st is/was being discussed. Can someone give a clearer translation? Not sure if this is current or a rehash from last month.

A very strong source from my colleague Maxime Truman reported today that the Penguins and Panthers were currently engaged in serious discussions that would revolve around Jonathan Huberdeau, a first-round pick and Evgeni Malkin.

Negotiations would be important and should be taken seriously. For now, we have no additional details, but this is definitely a situation to keep an eye on. The two teams have been linked in the past and the Panthers have a lot of money to spend, as they try to attract Artemi Panarin and / or Sergei Bobrovsky in the coming weeks. The Russian community is imposing, near Miami, and we seem to be trying by all means to set up a team that represents it. Evgeni Dadonov is also part of the team. With the addition of former Panarin coach Joel Quenneville, Dale Tallon is placing his pawns in interesting ways.
According to Pittsburgh Hockey Now reports in early May, there were talks between the two teams, who considered the options presented to them.
This type of transaction is generally concluded later in June, so it is possible that this will only happen in a few weeks.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Yeah, in my mind Geno is 100% staying at this point.

But could you imagine the utter chaos if we woke up one day to see that he had been traded. :laugh:

Reactions: Riptide

CallArnoldSlick

Party Fowl
May 21, 2010
SOURCE : les Panthers et les Penguins discutent de Jonathan Huberdeau et Evgeni Malkin

I was really hoping the Malkin Rumours would die. Apparently Huberdeau + 1st is/was being discussed. Can someone give a clearer translation? Not sure if this is current or a rehash from last month.

The article says it would be the Pens' 1st....

Le premier choix serait d’ailleurs celui des Penguins. Huberdeau est plus jeune, plus performant et la sélection de Pittsburgh n’est pas la meilleure, en raison de leur position au classement

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
The article says it would be the Pens' 1st....

Le premier choix serait d’ailleurs celui des Penguins. Huberdeau est plus jeune, plus performant et la sélection de Pittsburgh n’est pas la meilleure, en raison de leur position au classement
Honestly, with JR I wouldn't expect anything less. Hell, he'd probably add in a couple of future 2nds while he was at it.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I can see how that makes sense for both sides. Huberdeau is younger and a phenomenal talent. Geno's still very good, puts butts in seats, and assuming Panarin+Bob go to Florida, is another big piece in a push for a deep playoff run. Barkov, Geno, and Trochek as your top three centers, with guys like Panarin, Dadonov, and Hoffman on the wings makes for a really strong top-9.

Honestly, it's not terrible at all. Gives us the ability to chase Duchene and promise him a center role as well.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
If we somehow convince Phil to waive:

Guentzel-Sid-Zucker
Hubs-Duchene-Horny
McCann-Bjugs-Rust
Rask-Blue-Simon

Eh, could be worse...we do get a lot younger.

Also huge disclaimer: I am in no way ACTIVELY advocating we trade Geno, I am just speculating what might happen if it went through...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
What? The Pens would give up their first and Malkin and get Huberdeau back...lol, that’s a Chirelli trade if I ever saw one...it’s so stupid JR should be fired on the spot...

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I can see how that makes sense for both sides. Huberdeau is younger and a phenomenal talent. Geno's still very good, puts butts in seats, and assuming Panarin+Bob go to Florida, is another big piece in a push for a deep playoff run. Barkov, Geno, and Trochek as your top three centers, with guys like Panarin, Dadonov, and Hoffman on the wings makes for a really strong top-9.

Honestly, it's not terrible at all. Gives us the ability to chase Duchene and promise him a center role as well.

And what if Duchene follows his country music heart to Nashville? Where’s our 2C?

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
What? The Pens would give up their first and Malkin and get Huberdeau back...lol, that’s a Chirelli trade if I ever saw one...it’s so stupid JR should be fired on the spot...

Huberdeau is 26 on a nice contract, which is most likely why we'd give up a 1st, which by the way is in the 20s where most prospects won't even pan out. So why wait 5 years for the prospect to maybe work out. Oh and by the way at that point Malkin is 38 if he stays past his current contract. Doing this move lets us go after Duchene who JR wants and is a player that would create that 2nd line punch we've been praying for.

I understand we love Geno, but I get the thinking behind it.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I'd do Geno for Huby 1 for 1.

Getting a young PPG player for malkin is extending your cup window.

And a first? Easy yes.

Huberdeau is arguably the better player right now based off last season.

Our first? No deal then. But still tempting

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
You think a 33 year old Geno who deals with significant injury annually, and whose career in the NHL is likely done in three years is worth more than a 27 year old who just scored 90pts for an abysmal Florida team?

I don't know, man. I love Geno, and I'd hate to see him leave, but this is one circumstance where I'd make the deal. The 1st is steep, sure, but Huberdeau is a phenomenal player, 6 years younger, and makes close to $4 million less than Geno to boot. It also gives us room to chase Duchene for that 2nd line center spot.

It'll never happen, but it's fun to think about.

Jake-Sid-Zucker
Huberdeau-Duchene-Rust
McCann-Bjugs-Hornqvist

That's a bonkers top-9. We'd still need to fix that blueline, obviously, but that top-9 is unreal, and would be unreal for many more years.

Reactions: Trade and pensfan71

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
You think a 33 year old Geno who deals with significant injury annually is worth more than a 27 year old who just scored 90pts for an abysmal Florida team?

I don't know, man. I love Geno, and I'd hate to see him leave, but this is one circumstance where I'd make the deal. The 1st is steep, sure, but Huberdeau is a phenomenal player, 6 years younger, and makes close to $4 million less than Geno to boot. It also gives us room to chase Duchene for that 2nd line center spot.

It'll never happen, but it's fun to think about.

Jake-Sid-Zucker
Huberdeau-Duchene-Rust
McCann-Bjugs-Hornqvist

That's a bonkers top-9. We'd still need to fix that blueline, obviously, but that top-9 is unreal, and would be unreal for many more years.

Same page here except for Rust and Horny but yes I agree with everything you said :yo:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Huberdeau is 26 on a nice contract, which is most likely why we'd give up a 1st, which by the way is in the 20s where most prospects won't even pan out. So why wait 5 years for the prospect to maybe work out. Oh and by the way at that point Malkin is 38 if he stays past his current contract. Doing this move lets us go after Duchene who JR wants and is a player that would create that 2nd line punch we've been praying for.

I understand we love Geno, but I get the thinking behind it.

Centers are more valuable, even Malkin at 33...Huberdeau is not 23, he’s already in his prime...the first is overkill...if you sign Duchene, who’s a top notch replacement for G, then it might work out well for the Pens, but you can’t count on a wing and prayer in FA to plan a key component of the team...

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Centers are more valuable, even Malkin at 33...Huberdeau is not 23, he’s already in his prime...the first is overkill...if you sign Duchene, who’s a top notch replacement for G, then it might work out well for the Pens, but you can’t count on a wing and prayer in FA to plan a key component of the team...

If this move gets made, I am 100% sure we're getting Duchene. JR loves the guy and I'm pretty sure there would be some slight bits of tampering going on in the background. I really don't think our first is that valuable especially at 21, that's basically another prospect JR will eventually trade. And honestly, I think Hubs can carry a line if required but I doubt that will be the case if we get him

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Actually, more i think about it. I'd give our first along with Malkin for Huberdeau.

His contract is very good and only 26 and just had a 92 point season.

Would we keep Kessel if Malkin is traded? I would.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Actually, more i think about it. I'd give our first along with Malkin for Huberdeau.

JR and Sully would not. And I don't want to keep him either, finding a way to get him to Minnesota is our best chance for the fate of the team

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

At this point, there’s nothing that indicates Phil is going anywhere...

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I dont see how you can trade Geno after your franchise player says its stupid. Thank god we have Sid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad