Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building: The Calm Before the Storm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I've been on this ''speed'' narrative for quite some time. That's one of many reasons Why the Zucker trade made perfect sense. That completely validates what JR is going for. Which is why I'm not gonna give up on any potential moves that improve us in that capacity. Now, what he can actually accomplish remains unclear, but I haven't lost hope.

I agreed it never jived with the speed narrative, but Rutherford's narratives are inconsistent and expendable trade pieces are few. I still wouldn't be entirely surprised if Yohe is wrong, although this close in it seems unlikely.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Please. Hollywood already did that movie . . .

giphy.gif

EDIT: ****, from the 80's, the Decade of JAWS. :razz:

giphy.gif

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
In less than a half hour you jump off your own positivity train?
Oh no way. I'm a believer. But rushing to a trade is a great way to make a bad deal. If the idea is speed/youth, i'm fine going into the regular season and figuring it out along the way.

Not my want. Just something i'd be willing to do.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Don't think we are getting much for Kessel, hope I am wrong but the trades have been pretty meh for teams unloading. No idea what JR will target for speed/skill and youth.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Oh no way. I'm a believer. But rushing to a trade is a great way to make a bad deal. If the idea is speed/youth, i'm fine going into the regular season and figuring it out along the way.

Not my want. Just something i'd be willing to do.
why are you on the positivity NOW? The 'younger, faster' stuff was out before the draft. This has been their mantra going into this off-season. None of their draft picks matched that mantra, but that was their mantra.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
why are you on the positivity NOW? The 'younger, faster' stuff was out before the draft. This has been their mantra going into this off-season. None of their draft picks matched that mantra, but that was their mantra.

I truthfully don't think I ever turned negative. I just don't like the optics. The one thing I love is that I sold my soul for 3 Cups and it's gravy from here.

But I do love the idea that they are finally preaching it. SO GET OFF ME>

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I can't believe he's gotten that bad. I remember trade threads on this board where posters said he'd be a perfect fit.

It happens, he did have promise but sometimes shit happens. Not every player live up to their potential.

Also maybe a change of scenery would do him well, look at Gudbranson? he's been alright for us so far unlike Canucks. Schultz aswell.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
People writing off this team need to realize St. Louis just won a cup with literally two solid defensemen and a bunch of no names outside of Tank, RoR and Schwartz.

That being said as our messiah @ColePens has pointed out. Nothing changes until our GM realizes JJ is part of the problem.

2 solid defensemen?

You are way underselling their defense. But yes, your general point stands.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
People writing off this team need to realize St. Louis just won a cup with literally two solid defensemen and a bunch of no names outside of Tank, RoR and Schwartz.

That being said as our messiah @ColePens has pointed out. Nothing changes until our GM realizes JJ is part of the problem.

Exactly. the teams everyone is afraid of in the east all lost in round 1 aswell. (Caps and Tampa)

Boston is the only team to be scared of. We can literary take every team in a playoff round, save Boston

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
2 solid defensemen?

You are way underselling their defense. But yes, your general point stands.

id say parayko and piet are the only two legit top 4 Dmen.

But what Stlouis had was depth.

Dunn,Bouwmeester,Gunnarson,Edmundson, all are capable of playing top 4 mins. not great Dmen, but reliable.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Yeah and you probably remember the Kulikov and Brendan Smith threads too. This board isn’t the best for those type of things.

Lol I remember people here wanting brendan smith, and i was just like, what's wrong with you people, he really sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad