Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building: SPEED, YOUTH, AND POSITIVITY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Let me ask you a question do you randomly blind spot take out people? I do at least 3-4 times a month. I turn backwards over the shoulder and regularly delete anyone under 5’8ish often. :laugh:
I have the grace of an rhino.

I once ruined a hoodie by accidentally elbowing a shorter dude in the face and getting blood all over it. Entirely unintentional.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Well we might have a few million left after signing all of our RFAs. So....I suppose JR dipping into FA is an option now.

We won’t have that much. We have 5 mil to sign MP, Blue, ZAR and a 13th F. We actually won’t have anything left or very minimal

Rusty Razor

Jun 25, 2017
Galchenyuk likes the same spot as Sid and Geno on the power play. Ours just got a lot worse based on geometry.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
We won’t have that much. We have 5 mil to sign MP, Blue, ZAR and a 13th F. We actually won’t have anything left or very minimal
We are probably done unless JR really wants to keep getting younger. Hornqvist would then be the next to go for say Virtanen+.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

Yeah. MP himself you'd figure gets 2. ZAR & Blue probably 900k-1 mil. Then the 13th f.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
We are probably done unless JR really wants to keep getting younger. Hornqvist would then be the next to go for say Virtanen+.

JR (to Hornqvist): “Do you want to go to be traded?”

Hornqvist: “No I’m happy here and that’s why I negotiated a full NTC until the end of 2020/21. Leave me alone JR you know what I do to goalies.” (JR was a goalie).

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
GMJR ain’t done yet...

He probably is, what else would he do?

JR (to Hornqvist): “Do you want to go to be traded?”

Hornqvist: “No I’m happy here and that’s why I negotiated a full NTC until the end of 2020/21. Leave me alone JR you know what I do to goalies.” (JR was a goalie).

Hornqvist: I hit hard! (in Ryback voice).

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Yeah. MP himself you'd figure gets 2. ZAR & Blue probably 900k-1 mil. Then the 13th f.

Pettersson likely gets closer to 3. I think between 2.5 and 2.8 more likely. ZAR probably 1 mil and Blue around the 750-800k range.

Only way to do something now is dollar for dollar or someone like Rust pretty much for futures and even then the UFA probably can only be around 2.5 to have some buffer for injuries.

Now that we have Galchenyuk probably best to keep Rust although Kahun could be a good fit there too (and maybe Horny)

Without Rust:
Guentzel-Crosby-McCann/Simon
Galchenyuk-Malkin-Kahun
Simon/McCann-Bjugstad-Hornqvist
ZAR-Blueger-WBS/UFA

Reactions: Pancakes

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Kessel did **** all for Malkin last season and Sid just came off arguably his best season so I don’t see it that way. Jake took over as our 3rd best forward.

We’ve gained Kahun and Galchenyuk and lost Kessel in the forward group plus having McCann and Bjugstad for a full year. I think we’ll have a better flow and we got better IMO

Yeah, teams respected Kessel.

This is what I see.

kub2eKo.gif

BmxHockey

Jan 4, 2012
San Diego
Well, I was wrong. And I am now wondering if Arizona was one of the teams Phil had on his 8 team short list to be traded to? Hmm... Forced out for sure.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Re-signing Pettersson (2 years at $1.5 million), Blueger ($800k) and Johnson ($750k) gives the Penguins $2.75 million in cap space. If you want to believe the talk that they're going after Brandon Tanev, they'd have that much money to give him and they'd end up with this:

Guentzel-Crosby-Kahun
Galchenyuk-Malkin-Rust
McCann-Bjugstad-Hornqvist
Tanev-Blueger-Simon
Johnson

Dumoulin-Letang
Johnson-Schultz
Pettersson-Gudbranson
Riikola-Ruhwedel

I really like that forward group, especially if Galchenyuk gets back to 30 goal form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad