Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building: SPEED, YOUTH, AND POSITIVITY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
The lines will be shuffled a lot.

I think you can count on Guentzel playing a lot with Crosby and Galchenyuk probably playing a lot with Malkin. Hornqvist will probably get a lot of time on the third line, but I do think he'll be pretty productive and probably find himself back on the first PP unit. The second PP unit should be good. It'll probably be McCann, Galchenyuk and Bjugstad up front.

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
“Jim Rutherford said the #Penguins might actually be active early in free agency due to the cap savings.”

How hilarious would it be if he inked Dion Phaneuf? This board... we’d would lose our collective minds.

Reactions: Andy99

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
Good back and forth with you guys the last month or so. Enjoyed the banter. Most of you were obviously much closer than I was. Still glad to have Kessel. I really liked Galchenyuk last season. I’m hoping he does well for you guys.

I'm pulling for you guys next season.

I just got my kachina jersey a month ago. I've always liked the Coyotes.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
“Jim Rutherford said the #Penguins might actually be active early in free agency due to the cap savings.”

How hilarious would it be if he inked Dion Phaneuf? This board... we’d would lose our collective minds.

Phaneuf makes literally no sense for the Penguins, even if you're pretending JR has gone completely senile and specifically wants Phaneuf.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Silently GMJR is moving on from the cup teams. Kessel, Olli and probably a D man will be gone. Pens got younger and faster and that is still the play. Maybe the new guy matures and plays better on all fronts. Sully won't accept a lack of hustle or not playing with defensive attitude as well.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Phaneuf makes literally no sense for the Penguins, even if you're pretending JR has gone completely senile and specifically wants Phaneuf.
Oh I agree, don’t even see it possible with the lack of cap space. Just think it’d be a hell of a follow up to the mess that was signing Johnson last year if it somehow was.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

JR is going to go all in on Wayne Simmons. You know he’s giddy at the thought.

tenor.gif

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Two thoughts about today's deal:

1. I wouldn't be stunned IF JR goes shopping on Monday and is willing to flip Galchenyuk IF he finds his man. He freed up 1.9M in cap space today and could free up another 4.9M if need be. Not saying he WILL do it, but if he can find a better winger for Malkin on Monday, it wouldn't surprise me to see Galchenyuk moved for futures.

2. He's added a primo defensive prospect in POJ. Not saying he'll move someone, but I think one reason he was reticent to move Addison before is because he was the only guy he had of that caliber. Look at adding POJ and what he added in the draft . . . JR has replenished the trade chip cookie jar.

EDIT: And whatever he does has to include moving Johnson. That's a big part of the game right there.

JR just said that the trade has opened up room for him to do something early on Monday...so you may be onto something here.

Reactions: KIRK

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
What's the consensus right now?

McCann-Sid-Jake
Galchenyuk-Geno-Kahun
Rust-Bjugs-Hornqvist
Simon-Blueger-ZAR/Bjorkqvist/AJ

Throwing this out there if Tanev is signed, could definitely roll 4 lines...

McCann Crosby Guentzel
Galchenyuk Malkin Rust
Simon Bjugstad Hornqvist
Tanev Blueger Kahun
Aston-Reese

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
What's the consensus right now?

McCann-Sid-Jake
Galchenyuk-Geno-Kahun
Rust-Bjugs-Hornqvist
Simon-Blueger-ZAR/Bjorkqvist/AJ
Yep. That's my opening night line-up verbatim.

If McCann falters then Hornqvist replaces him on L1. But I would like Sullivan to learn something from past experiences and give that 2nd line a solid 15 games or so to get traction.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
God no

Jake-sid-
Galchenyuk-Malkin
McCann-Bjustad
ZAR-Bleuger-Simon

Rotate Kahun, Rust and Hornqvist as you see fit
Yeah I'll be shocked if Rust starts at LW. Or ever sticks at LW for more than a half dozen games or so at most. If McCann is on the top line either Kahun or Simon is 3LW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad