Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building | Man, Oh, Man, Oh, Friend of Mine. All Good Things in All Good Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If you've been here for the last month, then you'd know the Pens are in the Kane sweeps.

BTW, they never were out of the Duchene sweeps until the end . . .

I didn't think they were, my comment was more so on the asinine thought that the Penguins said no to Pouliot and a 1st for Duchene because they didn't want to trade their 1st.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
I’d love Pageau and Kane. The price isn’t too much out of the realm of possibility.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Not sure if this has been covered: Penguins Pregame 1/23/18: Playoff Battle & Scouts

'Here is the interesting development: Bruins Assistant GM John Ferguson is in attendance. Pittsburgh Hockey Now has been working to confirm trade talks between the two, but thus far have only been presented second-hand accounts. However, AGM’s do not scout teams for media room buffets. The Bruins also scouted the Penguins on the west coast trip. The L.A. Kings, who also scouted the Penguins in San Jose, are here, as is a single scout from each of the Winnipeg Jets and Vegas Golden Knights.'

I personally suspect VGK is for our game in 2 weeks, but you never know. The Bruins and Kings are interesting . . .

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The Bruins would be strange trading partners. I wonder if a LD for RD is possible.

The LD JR is looking to trade isn't playing. And, yeah, I don't see the deal with Boston either . . . I think the Spooner ship sailed.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Not sure if this has been covered: Penguins Pregame 1/23/18: Playoff Battle & Scouts

'Here is the interesting development: Bruins Assistant GM John Ferguson is in attendance. Pittsburgh Hockey Now has been working to confirm trade talks between the two, but thus far have only been presented second-hand accounts. However, AGM’s do not scout teams for media room buffets. The Bruins also scouted the Penguins on the west coast trip. The L.A. Kings, who also scouted the Penguins in San Jose, are here, as is a single scout from each of the Winnipeg Jets and Vegas Golden Knights.'

I personally suspect VGK is for our game in 2 weeks, but you never know. The Bruins and Kings are interesting . . .
I made a new thread for posting scouting reports.

Anyways, who would we want from the Bruins and Kings? Kings play Canes 2/13 and us 2/15, so I’d say not them. Bruins don’t play the Canes until 2/27 and us 3/1, and AGM’s don’t go out scouting normally.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Please want Hunwick, please want Hunwick, please want Hunwick.

They also have Spooner still, right? Better than letestu.
After watching Hunwick this season I can't imagine he holds much value, but if a team wants him I'd be both thrilled and amazed.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Not sure why they would do it, but it probably doesn't hurt to point out that Krug is basically just a young Daley.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I think Bergevin was waiting to ultimately see if he needs to sell(waiting til the last minute) as well and his players will enter the trade-o-sphere much more now too. Some GM's just need to really see the end line before they fully commit to selling.

One name that popped up in Friedman's 31 today was Charlie Coyle.
Said teams are always calling on him and if he ever were to move MIN would be looking for something really nice back.
Just checked his stats, seems to be having a down year. Looks like he was injured at some point as well. eta: had a fibula fracture in Oct.

Last edited:

Saints11

Jan 24, 2012
Pittsburgh
If you've been here for the last month, then you'd know the Pens are in the Kane sweeps.

Glad to see you reappear. Miss your insight. Have a funny feeling something goes down between the Pens and Habs. Might not be for Gally or Patches or even Petry; could be for Someone like Byron. Just a gut based on JR and Bergy.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

I'm sorry KIRK. I know you're just passing along the information you're given, but I have a hard time seeing Morehouse signing off on that. His most recent criminal charges were only dropped in May of 2017, less than a year ago. I just can't imagine Morehouse being down for acquiring someone with his reputation, however good of a hockey player he may be.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I think Bergevin was waiting to ultimately see if he needs to sell(waiting til the last minute) as well and his players will enter the trade-o-sphere much more now too. Some GM's just need to really see the end line before they fully commit to selling.

This was why many of us understood standing pat in the preseason.... players do work free sporadically through the season but many GMs see the roster they have through rose colored glasses and are deluded into thinking they have a chance till they don't... and sometimes that leads to a glut near the deadline and a few nice players are available cheap

jay caufield forhead

May 17, 2014
not telling you
I have read through repeated roster threads on who the penguins should trade for and who is better than who. I for one believe its more important to find a player that fits are needs, can compliment the players around him, and find chemistry with who ever he will be playing with. A player plays one way for a team should be looked at but also keep in mind at what he is being asked to do for that team.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Curious who they would be scouting. It could be a number of players like Sheary or Hagelin, both have been playing better recently too. On defense, who knows, maybe Letang really is in play? Cole hasn't played in forever so unless they're scouting him eating hot dogs in the press box...

Man the Bruins have a crazy amount of RD. Please make it so that the Bruins want Hunwick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad