Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building | Looking For Something Easy to Catch

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
More i think about it, maybe JR's shopping a Maatta or Dumoulin around to get that upper echelon LW'er he seems to be going after in conjuction with a 3C. Theres obviously the hybrid types in Duchene/Galchenyuk but i believe his Gal. interest was to play him @ LW. Friedman mentioned possible Patches interest. If anyone could use a Maatta or Dumoulin, it's the Habs right now after trading away Sergachev. Mete is nice but he's really young.

What would Kane be looking for on his next contract? 6M? More than that?
Would JR possibly be looking at Reinhart?

ETA: I mean he quite clearly was willing to move Maatta in a Duchene deal...

It just got me thinking this morning that maybe the $ going out parts of deals he's willing to move are Olli and Hagelin or Sheary with futures of course to potentially achieve 1 upper echelon LW'er plus a suitable C upgrade.

Last edited:

BlackAndGold87

Jul 13, 2017
More i think about it, maybe JR's shopping a Maatta or Dumoulin around to get that upper echelon LW'er he seems to be going after in conjuction with a 3C. Theres obviously the hybrid types in Duchene/Galchenyuk but i believe his Gal. interest was to play him @ LW. Friedman mentioned possible Patches interest. If anyone could use a Maatta or Dumoulin, it's the Habs right now after trading away Sergachev. Mete is nice but he's really young.

What would Kane be looking for on his next contract? 6M? More than that?
Would JR possibly be looking at Reinhart?

ETA: I mean he quite clearly was willing to move Maatta in a Duchene deal...

If the report of GMJR making one last attempt on Duchene before he was moved is true, it basically tells they offered Maatta and probably Sprong also.

Why not both Kane and Reinhart if possible?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
A Kane deal could really help and injecting some youth. We’d have to move our 1st for a D man. Line up below still has a couple what ifs, Sprong at NHL level and Jake at C but we’d have good flexibility

Kane Crosby Sprong
Hagelin Malkin Kessel
Sheary Guentzel Hornqvist
ZAR Sheahan Rust

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
If the report of GMJR making one last attempt on Duchene before he was moved is true, it basically tells they offered Maatta and probably Sprong also.

Why not both Kane and Reinhart if possible?

Indeed. It just dawned on me this morning. If he acquired an upper echelon LW'er plus a suitable C upgrade for lets say Olli/Hags as the $ going out, it'd look something like:

Jake-Sid-Rust
LW'er-G-Phil
Sheary-3C/Sheahan-Horny
X-3C/Sheahan-Archie/Reaves/X

X being Kuhnackl, McKegg or a kid from WB.

D with Olli gone:

Dumo-Tang
Cole-Schultz
Hunwick-Ruh
Corrado
etc.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
A Kane deal could really help and injecting some youth. We’d have to move our 1st for a D man. Line up below still has a couple what ifs, Sprong at NHL level and Jake at C but we’d have good flexibility

Kane Crosby Sprong
Hagelin Malkin Kessel
Sheary Guentzel Hornqvist
ZAR Sheahan Rust

Thats a solid point as well that the LW'er frees up Jake to 3C but i just dunno if thats where JR wants Jake to land. Suppose he could just go with Sheahan(3C), Whatever @ 4C with the better winger depth after the deal.

Anyways, acquiring an upper echelon LW'er certainly gives better overall depth if Olli+futures is the price. JR's certainly willing to pay it for something significant...

Last edited:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I still think Kane's a f***ing idiot, but he's an idiot that can play hockey and brings youth, speed, muscle and scoring to a lineup that could desperately need all of those.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Thats a solid point as well that the LW'er frees up Jake to 3C but i just dunno if thats where JR wants Jake to land. Suppose he could just go with Sheahan(3C), Whatever @ 4C with the better winger depth after the deal.

Anyways, acquiring an upper echelon LW'er certainly gives better overall depth if Olli+futures is the price.
I’ve missed the past 2 games, how has Guentzel looked at Center?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

For sure. Jake can go on L2, Hags to L4 and we get a good bottom 6 centre.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Kane and Scandella for Maatta and Hagelin as the base for a deal. The salary is close. We get an upgrade at LW and a LD replacement signed for 3 more years. Still have assets to get a good center.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Kane is having a monster season, but no pending UFA with his baggage is bringing back a young D with pedigree.

It’d be a 1st and some player with term we’re amenable to moving to clear cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad