Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building | Forget the whale ... We'll buy the place with beads

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sakic finally doing something....woohoo. JR, call Joey and go get Zadorov, Soderburg and YAK!!! CHAMPIONSHIP

For as much as I don't want Yak or Kunitz, I'd laughably take both over Kuhn, Rowney, Reaves (not that he's playing bad, just identity), etc. :laugh: But yes - still not what we need.

Reactions: KIRK

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Why the hell would the Penguins bring in Yakupov :laugh:

Like I can't think of a single player the Penguins would need less than Yakupov. Everything he brings to the table is already something the Penguins have in spades.

Bruru71

Jun 25, 2014
Avalanche are still playing right now so likely won't be announced officially until after the game.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Didn't Bones say something like they told him he might move up in the lineup in Nashville? Aboooout that....

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
That return for Duchene, if true, is crazy...

I'm sorry he won't be a Penguin, and I feel bad for JR now that his white whale is gone. What will he do?

Edit...Bonino must be pissed. Didn't he sign in NSH to be a 2C?

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
If it wasn't the Pens, we are damn lucky it wasn't CBJ. So, IMO, we dodged a bullet on that one.

Reactions: KIRK

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

I'm sorry he won't be a Penguin, and I feel bad for JR now that his white whale is gone. What will he do?

If he was stupid enough to believe he was anyone's choice for a 2C then he won't notice being the 3C again.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The pieces the Avs got:

Kamanev: LW that was a 2nd round pick in 2014, has had 2 good seasons in the AHL and is a PPG player so far in the AHL this year
Girard: LD that was a 2nd round pick in 2016, demolished the QMJHL last year with 75 points in 59 games and is currently in the NHL (will be a regular for Colorado)
Bowers: C that was a 1st round pick in 2017, has had an alright start with BU as a freshman
Hammond: Hammond is Hammond, nothing groundbreaking. Just a money move
1st from Ottawa, 2nd from Nashville and 3rd from Ottawa

If you think the Penguins could have matched that, oh boy. The Penguins didn't have what it took to get Duchene. I can't even come up with an equivalent package for that with the Penguins, they just don't have the pieces.

Reactions: KIRK and ColePens

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Wait for Duchene to hit free agency?

And... yeah, that might be a tad awkward for Bonino. I wonder whether they mightn't use him at winger.

I also give it five weeks before someone suggests trading to bring him back on retained salary.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The pieces the Avs got:

Kamanev: LW that was a 2nd round pick in 2014, has had 2 good seasons in the AHL and is a PPG player so far in the AHL this year
Girard: LD that was a 2nd round pick in 2016, demolished the QMJHL last year with 75 points in 59 games and is currently in the NHL (will be a regular for Colorado)
Bowers: C that was a 1st round pick in 2017, has had an alright start with BU as a freshman
Hammond: Hammond is Hammond, nothing groundbreaking. Just a money move
1st from Ottawa, 2nd from Nashville and 3rd from Ottawa

If you think the Penguins could have matched that, oh boy. The Penguins didn't have what it took to get Duchene. I can't even come up with an equivalent package for that with the Penguins, they just don't have the pieces.

Yep. I'm glad JR did his due diligence on Duchene, but every Penguin fan would be losing their shit if we gave up something similar.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
For as much as I don't want Yak or Kunitz, I'd laughably take both over Kuhn, Rowney, Reaves (not that he's playing bad, just identity), etc. :laugh: But yes - still not what we need.

As much as I loved the idea of Reaves, I agree he doesn't fit the identity, neither does Kuhn. I think JR will address this, no reason to think he won't...

YAK would fit that identity and yes, he would score more than Hags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad