Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster Building | Cap Details + Links in First Post | The JR Did What ?!?!?! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
I honestly truly feel Horny, and Kessels are gone during the summer.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I remember laughing at how much the Flyers used to desperately want to beat the Sid/Geno era Penguins. They used to forsake winning in an effort to get their pound of flesh, send a message and prove their superiority through physical toughness--ending with them losing far more often than not.

That's what this team's become regarding Tom Wilson. JR is so rattled by the way Tom Wilson (and to a lesser extent Oshie and Niskanen) has run roughshod over us recently that he's gone the absolute worst avenue, driving this team into the ground, instead of trying to build back up to a Cup winner.

Man, I miss Botterill.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Think how useful that 4 million in cap space would be this summer if we never did the Hagelin trade. JR turned Hagelin, albeit struggling, into ****ing Gudbranson for another 2 years. I'm going to go drink now.

Do you want to drink a lot?

We traded Barzal for Gudbranson

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
This whole day has been a YIKES from me, dog.
D0SBB_-VAAAw2mt.jpg:large

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Buckle up, friends. We're in for an experience as we watch this team circle the drain.

Poor, poor Sid and Geno, man.

But, obnoxiously positive outlook time; Shero did leave a roster bereft of talent, depth and any sort of direction when he was fired. JR (read: Botterill, apparently) came in and sorted things out in two years. Maybe there's hope? I don't know, man. I'm on like stage 3 of the 5 stages of grief.

Reactions: KIRK

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
So short term on D:

JJ-Schultz
MP-Ruh
Riiko-Trotman

With Letang/Guds:

JJ-Letang
MP-Guds
Riiko-Ruh

Whew. Hughes here we come...

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
I want to see how this pans out before I stab out my eyes.
Although, we had better in big rig ..
And we have better in Rikkola

I just hope that somehow this works out.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Buckle up, friends. We're in for an experience as we watch this team circle the drain.

Poor, poor Sid and Geno, man.

But, obnoxiously positive outlook time; Shero did leave a roster bereft of talent, depth and any sort of direction when he was fired. JR (read: Botterill, apparently) came in and sorted things out in two years. Maybe there's hope? I don't know, man. I'm on like stage 3 of the 5 stages of grief.

Shero left an okay team weak in the bottom six. JR has created a bottom 5 defense signed to term and there are no Rust, Guentzel and Murray’s coming on D to fill in.

There’s nothing coming no matter what because JR got us two of the worst pro hockey players for 3-5 years signed to the same cap hit as Sidney Crosby.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I just don’t understand how JR and his staff are so bad at evaluating talent on defense. There’s just such a huge difference between the type of player they think they’re getting and the type of player they actually go out and get.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad