Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster Building | Cap Details + Links in First Post | The JR Did What ?!?!?! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Man the one trade I think that really started JR's weird transition of this team is the Reaves one. I didn't like giving up Sundqvist and it sucks more seeing him finally coming into his role this year.

This is the trade that mark moving away from youth and speed. It was the start of getting tougher and heavier.

Yet here we are two years later and the Pens just had a team full of midgets knocking them down all over the ice with hits.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
Do you guys see Kessel being with the Penguins past this off season? Cup or no Cup?

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Do you guys see Kessel being with the Penguins past this off season? Cup or no Cup?

Honestly? Yes. His cap hit and potential are too sweet for JR to abandon.

I think they probably should trade him.

But, yeah.

Reactions: Multigrain

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
Because of the same people that lock out seasons... The average player is now about 6 mill. I'm liking MP... He'll have a bad game here and there but I think hes solid as a 4 or 5.

JJ and Olli need to go so Gudbranson can play as a 6. Then bring in a true #4 to play with Schultz and the D is set with Addison and Prow on the way.

I really hope they bite on Minnetonka Dmen in this draft and go full in on Minnesota players in 2019. Some very good players coming.

Prow is not a prospect. Org sees him as AHL player only. But Phillips and Almari have potential to be bottom pairing quality players. I don’t think they will move JJ though, unless they are really displeased with the lack of nastiness to his game (hence, Guds).

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Although I don't think we resolved a number of things we needed to at the deadline, I really like McCann.

His speed, defense, and tenacity are noticeable every night, and he looks like he could be a good complementary winger just about anywhere in the top 9 a la Rust. Plus he has a heavy shot and actually shoots.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Although I don't think we resolved a number of things we needed to at the deadline, I really like McCann.

His speed, defense, and tenacity are noticeable every night, and he looks like he could be a good complementary winger just about anywhere in the top 9 a la Rust. Plus he has a heavy shot and actually shoots.

I was thinking last night "he's Rust with a better shot".

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
For the record, I'm a lot less convinced by Bjugstad.

I like Bjustad.

Hes never going on a 2016 Bonino run but hes solid as hell.

I think hes showing to be everything that Sutter was supposed to be.

Hes good on the boards, good at getting the puck into the O zone with control. Has a rifle, and gets to the net. Ill take that from my 3c all day.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I like Bjustad.

Hes never going on a 2016 Bonino run but hes solid as hell.

I think hes showing to be everything that Sutter was supposed to be.

Hes good on the boards, good at getting the puck into the O zone with control. Has a rifle, and gets to the net. Ill take that from my 3c all day.

Bjugstad could easily be 2016 Bonino in the playoffs.

Reactions: Riptide

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Bjugstad could easily be 2016 Bonino in the playoffs.

What he could do is a far cry from what he is doing. Presently, he's only outproducing Brassard's pace by a hair despite much more favourable usage (Brass would've killed for 51% OZ starts).

Got a ways to go before we should talk about him matching Bones' best run here, which was pretty spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->