Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster Building (Cap Details in First Post) | Sassy GM Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Clearly, JR is moving all of the sexy hair.

I call BS on this observation.

He seems unwilling to dump Sprong.

daniel-sprong-2018-50.jpg

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Good lord, they hid him with good players last year. Thats the reason his numbers were so good.

And nobodys expecting him to drive possession on the 4th line. Im expecting him to not play like ****, thats all. He should be expected to do his job correctly. Its completely irrelevant of his numbers. He can have **** numbers and still do what hes supposed to do...but he isnt. He is actively contributing to those numbers.

If he was half as good as being in the right place as you are for making excuses for him, he'd be a f'ing all star.

But if you take the sports car, hook a plow to it and run it like a tractor. It *might* work but most likely not well.

Let's spin this another way. Do YOU think that a player like Sprong who is a sniper, who has always logged top line minutes and has been a leading scorer in every league he has played prior to the NHL. Do you think that his skill set lends itself to only 9 minutes a game lugging along Cullen / Grant?

He actually showed some life with Simon, and that one shift with Geno was instant chemistry. It's almost like non grinder skilled players play better with skilled players? *gasp* Put the sports car on a race track not out in the field pulling a plow!

Players like ZAR or Simon are grinders, that's not a knock on them, Sid is the ultimate grinder. But when they get placed in a 4th line role they are very suited to that role it's how they play the game always.
I do not understand why some here don't get it. Sprong has *never* played or probably even been taught how to play the way Sullivan wants him to play. Throw in that Cullen was mostly really slow and bad with Sprong and add in a plug like Grant and what do you expect?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Friedman's 31 thoughts:

Pittsburgh GM Jim Rutherford celebrated his contract extension by trading Carl Hagelin to Los Angeles for Tanner Pearson. Penguins coach Mike Sullivan loved Hagelin, who will be a free agent. They will try to revive Pearson, without a goal in his last 30 regular-season and playoff games.

Do not discount the possibility of Rutherford and Anaheim’s Bob Murray trying a lateral “change-of-scenery” trade. Those don’t happen much anymore, but they’ve done it before (Hagelin-David Perron in 2016). Both are looking for change, and the rumoured names were not involved in this trade.

With Rutherford mildly annoyed at his team, one of the players who most intrigues opposing teams isn’t even on his current roster. That would be Calen Addison, a right-shooting defenceman at WHL Lethbridge. Addison, taken 53rd in last June’s draft, has 20 points in his first 18 games. Two of the three defenders ahead of him in scoring were 2018 first-rounders: Spokane’s Ty Smith (17th, New Jersey) and Red Deer’s Alexander Alexeyev (31st, Washington).

I really don't want to see Addison traded, he seems like the logical replacement for Schultz down the line. This is the second time Friedman has thrown out the Penguins-Ducks talk, this seems more concrete than the last time he mentioned it. Something else to mention with the Ducks talk: Friedman says the "rumored names were not involved in the trade". That seems pretty clear to me that they're talking about Sprong and/or Rust, no?

Last edited:
Reactions: Peat and Andy99

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Addison can peace out if he helps get the team one of those defenseman.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Friedman's 31 thoughts:

I really don't want to see Addison traded, he seems like the logical replacement for Schultz down the line. This is the second time Friedman has thrown out the Penguins-Ducks talk, this seems more concrete than the last time he mentioned it. Something else to mention with the Ducks talk: Friedman says the "rumored names were not involved in the trade". That seems pretty clear to me that they're talking about Sprong and/or Rust, no?

So what's the envisioned change of scenery deal with Anaheim envisioned around here?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If JR wants to make analogous trade with Anaheim to what he did with LA, it would be Brassard for Rakell...

I’ll take that trade....

EliteGoaltending

Jan 7, 2016
Friedman's 31 thoughts:

Pearson hasn't scored a goal in his last 30 games? I didn't know that he's in this much of a slump.

They want him up there so...

Can’t skate. No hands. Can’t win board battles.

Malkin’s dream winger.
No short end of the stick there tho, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad