Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster Building (Cap Details in First Post) | All Your Base Are Belong to Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Maybe it’s just me but I wouldn’t hate a Brassard for Dubinsky trade. Dubinsky is a cock to play against and I’d much rather have a heart and soul player like him than a finesse guy playing like a limp dick for us now.

Dubinsky is more of a prototypical 3C and hard to play against guy. His hustle is more fit for Sully’s system.

Or maybe GMJR is using the rumor mill to get what he really wants elsewhere by having this thrown out there...

Dubinsky has completely fallen off a cliff. He's barely a 4th liner now, and on one of the worst contracts in the league.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He's getting paid Guentzel money. I like him as a player, but you need to be a legitimate offensive talent regardless of circumstances for that kind of money IMO.

But I think Saad and Miller are overpaid as well.

He’s getting paid 5.25 in terms of cap hits. Plays all situations and has put up 40+ and 50+ points prior to being injured last year. And these last two years he’s at a .5ppg pace.

He’s paid pretty fairly and is the perfect case of buying low on a team with a terrible PDO. Especially for what Carolina got him for.

We could have traded Rust for him in my opinion.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Dubinsky has completely fallen off a cliff. He's barely a 4th liner now, and on one of the worst contracts in the league.

It’s like acquiring Adams after he fought Malkin, somehow. The most distasteful thing.

Reactions: JackFr

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Love Ferland. Hope we get him.

His contract demands, if true, are way overinflated and make him sound like Lev Bell...but as a rental, I’d love him for the right price...I don’t understand why we’d be interested in him and not Dzingel, yet we’ve heard no rumors regarding Dzingel...I think Dzingel is faster as well...

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
He’s getting paid 5.25 in terms of cap hits. Plays all situations and has put up 40+ and 50+ points prior to being injured last year. And these last two years he’s at a .5ppg pace.

He’s paid pretty fairly and is the perfect case of buying low on a team with a terrible PDO. Especially for what Carolina got him for.

We could have traded Rust for him in my opinion.

Hmm, could have sworn it was 5.75 cap hit.

My mistake. Still a bit rich given his production is right on par with Pearson as a Pen and Rust. But 1.5 mil is I guess a bit more palatable to account for his other attributes.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Hmm, could have sworn it was 5.75 cap hit.

My mistake. Still a bit rich given his production is right on par with Pearson as a Pen and Rust. But 1.5 mil is I guess a bit more palatable to account for his other attributes.

But, he’s playing on the Wild with who at pivot?

Rust has played with Sid and Geno. Pearson with Jeff Carter. Or Geno or Brassard.

You’ve got to judge people from the systems they come from.

Reactions: JackFr

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
But, he’s playing on the Wild with who at pivot?

Rust has played with Sid and Geno. Pearson with Jeff Carter. Or Geno or Brassard.

You’ve got to judge people from the systems they come from.

Eric Staal, Zach Parise, Mikael Granlund aren't exactly poop.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Maybe it’s just me but I wouldn’t hate a Brassard for Dubinsky trade. Dubinsky is a cock to play against and I’d much rather have a heart and soul player like him than a finesse guy playing like a limp dick for us now.

Dubinsky is more of a prototypical 3C and hard to play against guy. His hustle is more fit for Sully’s system.

Or maybe GMJR is using the rumor mill to get what he really wants elsewhere by having this thrown out there...

That rumor came from the perguins twitter account that is just trying to see how many people get fooled by them each year. Some people get fooled by it every year, somehow. It's definitely not anyone from the Pens trying to feed the rumor mill - it's just an internet troll seeing who they can get to look foolish.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
So CAR already needed C help, and they just traded away Rask. Brass to CAR for Ferland? Get a 3C elsewhere or plug in Sheahan there from now till the deadline, see if it sticks?

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
30+ year old Eric Staal and Mikko Koivu as well as Haula were his typical centers. Zach Parise is having a resurgence this year, but he’s a solid player to have as the center piece of a Kessel trade.

If the deal was 1st, Nino and a Dumo like prospect that would’ve been great.

30+ year old Eric Staal is pretty damn ok.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
So CAR already needed C help, and they just traded away Rask. Brass to CAR for Ferland? Get a 3C elsewhere or plug in Sheahan there from now till the deadline, see if it sticks?

Brass, Jarry and a pick for Staal retained :naughty:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Would still boo him when he touches the puck.

I'd watch every game hoping we win and somehow he loses.
The last two years he has hardly played. Why on Earth would the penguins take him? Not to mention Dubs HATES the Penguins.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
If Sheahan gets to play with Kessel and a decent LW, he might not be the worst 3C. I’m just sayin. He’s sitting at 20% offensive zone starts right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad