Salary Cap: Salary Cap and Roster Building... just start the draft dammit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The problem with Toronto is they need to shed cap... and I can't find a single deal that I'd do that makes sense for us and works for them, either value wise or cap wise.

I mean if they were interested in Guds and maybe we retained $1 mil that might work because they’re probably not going to get much cheaper on D offers...no one’s probably going to trade them a good nhl ready D man on an ELC...Guds plus Jarry if they’re interested even ... I like Guds and he might be someone Babcock likes too...doubt this would happen anyway..

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I mean look at our roster... Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Guentzel. That's 300+ points. This team shouldn't lose!! But we got a defensemen that wants to play offense and blows games.

Reactions: ncm7772

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I’d probably do Letang for Marner and figure out the D later.

But then again Marners dad and agent are jokes.

I'd do it too. That's a big age difference.

Thats an elite player for the next 7 years. Imagine Marner and Sid or Malkin.

Its not realistic for Toronto to trade Marner for a 30 something player, no matter how good they are.

Reactions: Andy99 and Turin

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Truth is, he doesn't have a lot of cards to play.

He learned that the hard way with Kessel. Heaven help us if Geno forces him to learn it the even harder way. Horny also has a full NTC. Bjugs and Schultz offer cap relief but not a lot by way of return.

If he wants to shake it up, then Letang is his only card. Great value right now. A below market deal. And a limited NTC that isn't too prohibitive.

We'll see . . .
Exactly...he has a lot of value but he isn't more valuable to anyone other than us

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So if you have a olayer with a degenerative back issue that can never play again you just what? Have to eat the cap hit?

Thats stupid.

You know doctors have to sign off in this ****. You cant go on LTIR for a hangnail.

I’m a lawyer...you can get many doctors to say things that are helpful to one side or another...

Yes, I think wear and tear disorders are things that are hazards every owner accepts by owning a professional sports franchise and no one should get a pass for that...

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
I’m a lawyer...you can get many doctors to say things that are helpful to one side or another...

You think a doctors is going to risk his license so the insert team here can get some cap space.

And even if one would, the player would have to go along with it and the league would be checking these things.

Reactions: Riptide

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
f*** no to trading Letang to Toronto. No interest in making them the contender to beat. Letang is all they're missing.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Last Summer I argued that it might make sense to move Letang after he bounces back this season as part of an effort to get younger/healthier and extend the window. But the stuff floating around doesn't really make sense. We absolutely have to have a great D coming back.

Reactions: ColePens

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
You think a doctors is going to risk his license so the insert team here can get some cap space.

And even if one would, the player would have to go along with it and the league would be checking these things.

I’ve seen them risk a lot more for $$...but if it’s worded as “jeopardizes his playing career” almost every doctor could say that and it wouldn’t necessarily be a lie....yes, the player would have to go along, and the league is a joke, so I doubt they’re very vigorous at going beyond the paperwork submitted...

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
is that why we were swept by the Isles??? The team averaged .5 goals per game....

Letang is like one of the only reasons the Pens even made the playoffs.

Granted he didnt play well at all vs NYI. But 4 games doesn't determine how good someone is.

Anyone saying other than letang was elite last season, is just clueless.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I mean look at our roster... Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Guentzel. That's 300+ points. This team shouldn't lose!! But we got a defensemen that wants to play offense and blows games.
A defenseman that wants to play offense?? Why I never... we need 6 Rob Scuderi's out there

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014

giphy.gif

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Letang is like one of the only reasons the Pens even made the playoffs.

Granted he didnt play well at all vs NYI. But 4 games doesn't determine how good someone is.

Anyone saying other than letang was elite last season, is just clueless.

I guess you don't remember the hot streak while he was out because of another bonehead play.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
If we're dealing Letang, I try to pry Klingberg and Lindell out of Dallas.

and thats a deal that dallas laughs at. Those two are locked down for many years and both at good hits.

(klingberg at 4.25 for 7 years is amazing)

Klingberg may actually have more value than Tanger with his contract. Though, Klingberg is no letang when it comes to being a overall Dman, but hes still very very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad