Salary Cap: Salary Cap and Roster Building... just start the draft dammit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
LeBrun on Letang: Penguins definitely are listening on him, it would have to be a huge offer and he really likes Letang but he's trying to shake up the team and doesn't have many other options.

Sam Adams

Jun 19, 2019
If cap goes down there is no way contracts keep going up. Expect snapback

Also colorado and chi both have significant cap room. Chicago trade would be a wash between kessel and saad.
Colorado has like 35 mill in space

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Remember when we hitched a potential dynasty to Columbus’ #7 dman

Everyone loves to talk Defense this offseason, but I remember the team only scoring 2 goals in 4 games against a very average Isles team.

It's either the personnel, coaching or a mix of both.

But let's get back to JJ being the BIGGEST PROBLEM

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
LeBrun on Letang: Penguins definitely are listening on him, it would have to be a huge offer and he really likes Letang but he's trying to shake up the team and doesn't have many other options.

See, never doubt the connections of TIOPS...he was all over this a few days ago...lol...unless we’re planning to be a lottery team next year, I don’t see how we can trade Letang....let me backtrack on that...if Colorado wants to send us their 4th pick and Makar, then maybe we can afford to trade Letang...doubtful...I don’t see us getting a #1 or #2 D back for him from anyone...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Any Letang deal would likely be in the same form as the Kessel for Zucker deal, Letang for a replacement top pair RD. Spurgeon, Barrie and Ristolainen are a couple of examples of targets I could see the Penguins looking at in that kind of deal. I'd hate Ristolainen because he's analytically terrible, but he's an example I could see working.

Reactions: ownal

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Step one, build trash defense carried by one guy

Step two, trade that guy because your defense was so trash you have to shake up the team

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Everyone loves to talk Defense this offseason, but I remember the team only scoring 2 goals in 4 games against a very average Isles team.

What about the numerous odd man rushes Murray has had to face the past two seasons?

And getting offense from dmen is allowed as well

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
No way is Mario going to trade Letang no matter the return cause the fans would riot. Geno,Sid,Letang are here for life or till new owners.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010

Oh good you're back

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Any Letang deal would likely be in the same form as the Kessel for Zucker deal, Letang for a replacement top pair RD. Spurgeon, Barrie and Ristolainen are a couple of examples of targets I could see the Penguins looking at in that kind of deal. I'd hate Ristolainen because he's analytically terrible, but he's an example I could see working.

I just vomited in my mouth

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I wouldn’t blame Blueger if he left, but it would suck. We kept signing shitty C depth when he was good enough to be in the lineup the last few years.

Reactions: John Titor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->