Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
I noticed Brock Hill is not on the current Spirit Pre-season roster. They have 15 forwards listed and 8 defense. Barring no imediate trades the forward lines could look something like this?
Michnac-Gilmour-Coskey All vets and will be a true top line.
Jenkins-Giroux-Goldowski The 00 line will be together for 2 yrs let them develop together
Porco-Perfetti-Stepien This is again guys who will be together for 3 yrs develop together
Katic--Grondin-Busdeker
Cardwell-Baber-Preuter
I just don't see how Grondin is a4th liner, that being said what a4th line that would be. They somehow have to develop the remaining 3 who need TOI to improve their game. So let's see how and who does the first 10 to 20 games and then make some moves. I still believe we need that elite talent at forward to improve the offense. Robertson, McLeod, type talent and an OA like Maksimovich for example closer to the deadline when teams need to recoup picks and prospects that are having bad years and sell to the best offer.
I hope TS can keep the lines somewhat together, he has no excuses now time to turn Saginaw into a top 4 team in the West. Not long before the puk drops for training camp.

No Bollers or Baldeamenti either.

According to Joey, Bollers and Hill are attending London Knights camp and Baldeamenti is attending Kitchener camp. All 3 remain property of the Spirit.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
As of today, I still heard that Busdeker, Gilmour and Grondin and being on the trade front.

Kingston and London could now be interested in Gilmour for leadership, but Petes and Oshawa are front runners.

Sudbury is still the team in discussion regarding Grondin.

Busdeker is looked at by 67's, Fronts and Sudbury.

Reactions: Dumpnchase17

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I am very excited to see what Bode does this year as well as Blade Jenkins who I have been a big fan of for years. I know he isn't the quickest out the gate skater in the league, but a player of his ilk can make it to the pro game in a Dustin Brown type role - gritty/goal scorer...happy that Saginaw should be one of the top teams this year in the OHL

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
As of today, I still heard that Busdeker, Gilmour and Grondin and being on the trade front.

Kingston and London could now be interested in Gilmour for leadership, but Petes and Oshawa are front runners.

You’ve been claiming this all offseason long.... times ticking before camp.

Reactions: hockeynorth

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
You’ve been claiming this all offseason long.... times ticking before camp.

Yes, I have been claiming this as it's what I've been told very a very reliable source on the very inside. I have no clue if it will happen, but as a Saginaw fan I do see some advantages from dealing this three in hopes of getting a big point getter, even if only a year guy.

Not certain if it will happen before camp, but I've been told it's happening soon. But I see they all are listed on preseason roster.

Dumpnchase17

Dec 13, 2017
I am very excited to see what Bode does this year as well as Blade Jenkins who I have been a big fan of for years. I know he isn't the quickest out the gate skater in the league, but a player of his ilk can make it to the pro game in a Dustin Brown type role - gritty/goal scorer...happy that Saginaw should be one of the top teams this year in the OHL
IMHO Blade needs someone to play with. He has been lined up with Giroux most of the year. Frankly chemistry is just not there. Giroux a hard working kid and leader on the team, just not much on the playmaker side. We will not see Blades true skill until he has someone to play with .

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
IMHO Blade needs someone to play with. He has been lined up with Giroux most of the year. Frankly chemistry is just not there. Giroux a hard working kid and leader on the team, just not much on the playmaker side. We will not see Blades true skill until he has someone to play with .

Perfetti?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

I'd be surprised if Webb was not included in there now that Wilde has signed. The guy has size, but I would find it hard to believe Saginaw's defense was better with him in the lineup than before they traded for him. To the right team, you might be able to get back your initial investment. You could have Wilde, Everett, Davis on the right side plus Hill as insurance, so getting some assets you could use elsewhere is probably better than having Webb around.

Dumpnchase17

Dec 13, 2017
Perfetti?
I believe Perfetti will have his hands full dealing with playing at a higher level. His size will be an issue. I prefer to see him with Porco and Stepien as someone eluded to earlier. There is the dilemma, who will step up to play with Jenkins.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I believe Perfetti will have his hands full dealing with playing at a higher level. His size will be an issue. I prefer to see him with Porco and Stepien as someone eluded to earlier. There is the dilemma, who will step up to play with Jenkins.
Gilmour when he was with Bennett and Hodgson he was reading the ice very well and had his best season and could be interesting a Jenkins-Gilmour-Coskey/Goldowski has to be looked at. Unless he is getting traded Gilmour could be here another 2years and same with Coskey l think both bust out this year.
I know we have to try find the combinations but sometimes you have to give em time to develop.I hope TS has a plan. To much talent in all areas we look fairly solid going into camp.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Yes, I have been claiming this as it's what I've been told very a very reliable source on the very inside. I have no clue if it will happen, but as a Saginaw fan I do see some advantages from dealing this three in hopes of getting a big point getter, even if only a year guy.

Not certain if it will happen before camp, but I've been told it's happening soon. But I see they all are listed on preseason roster.
do you know any pieces that are supposedly coming back to Saginaw in these deals

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
It is more than a hunch. The source is a person who deals on the inside daily. So I'd say it's very legitimate.

Gilmour could be held on to Xmas.

Hcokeydad64

Aug 24, 2017
I noticed Brock Hill is not on the current Spirit Pre-season roster. They have 15 forwards listed and 8 defense. Barring no imediate trades the forward lines could look something like this?
Michnac-Gilmour-Coskey All vets and will be a true top line.
Jenkins-Giroux-Goldowski The 00 line will be together for 2 yrs let them develop together
Porco-Perfetti-Stepien This is again guys who will be together for 3 yrs develop together
Katic--Grondin-Busdeker
Cardwell-Baber-Preuter
I just don't see how Grondin is a4th liner, that being said what a4th line that would be. They somehow have to develop the remaining 3 who need TOI to improve their game. So let's see how and who does the first 10 to 20 games and then make some moves. I still believe we need that elite talent at forward to improve the offense. Robertson, McLeod, type talent and an OA like Maksimovich for example closer to the deadline when teams need to recoup picks and prospects that are having bad years and sell to the best offer.
I hope TS can keep the lines somewhat together, he has no excuses now time to turn Saginaw into a top 4 team in the West. Not long before the puk drops for training camp.

Hmm. That third line will not fair well against most teams. But the fourth line looks awesome!

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Hmm. That third line will not fair well against most teams. But the fourth line looks awesome!
The 3rd line might take awhile or not but they will be playing against other teams 3rd line so I doubt they will look out of place and if they do not play well then changes will be made if they even play together?

Hcokeydad64

Aug 24, 2017
I guess we'll see. But if I were coaching I would switch those two lines as there appears to be more OHL talent on the 4th line.

Hcokeydad64

Aug 24, 2017
Hmm. I saw that Bulovs kid play about one year ago. A great skater. Just a 2002 but I hope he makes that cut. The OHL is fast and that kid should adapt well.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Hmm. I saw that Bulovsq and that kid should adapt well.
No doubts but doing the math he is 1 of 12 competing for the bottom six. Preuter, Baber, Katic, Stepien, Cardwell, Perfetti, Porco, Busdeker, Bulovs, Badalamenti, Bollers, and Grondin. DD and TS have some tough decisions who to develop and to let go and make room on the roster. Badalamenti and Bollers are with other clubs and we could get a pick or 2? It will be entertaining.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Looking at Spirit Talk looks like Michnac, Perfetti and Wilde have stood out this 1st day of camp. Any other updates from a guy who lives 15 mles east of Hamilton is much appreciated.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Nice to see Michnac, Wilde and Perfetti performing well.

Not sure who chose the teams or the reasoning behind them, but team white is extremely week compared to the blue.

Great to see the talent on the ice, it's been a few years since we've had this much.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Hard to get a good read on guys because of the nature of a training camp scrimmage. But I'd say the main battles for 7th D-man and last 4 forward spots were pretty evident.

Millman and Phillips both showed they could be capable 7th d-men. Personally I'd go Millman over Phillips but they each bring their own game.

Busdeker and Pruter really stood out for "bubble forwards" even though I think they should both be locks. Cardwell did enough to be at least the 13th forward. Bulovs is a year away but he shows some serious offensive promise.

Of the remaining 3 (Baber, Katic, Grondin) none showed to much last night (outside of Katic's goal). Would be interesting to see how they perform the rest of camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad