Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
I seen the game, and it will be an exciting year! Lots of talent. IMO, a few standouts that I will mention, but there were more.

Wilde, going to be a star in this league! Big and strong with great hands and vision. Scored a beauty!!

Lamour, made saves that I am sure last year would have been in, very calm between the pipes.

Gilmour, smartest player on the ice, controlled the puck every time on his stick, made unreal passes, just never seen it come back, nice to see him back, scored a nice goal.

Perfetti, going to be a star! Great vision and hands, had some good chances. Nice line of Jenkins and Busdeker.

Porco, skating is a premium!! Played with a lot more confidence. Had some real good chances.

Only preseason, but a couple of things that I hope to see change.

Jenkins, looked tired, way too long of shifts, lacked the skating and physical play today.

Coskey, doesn't even think pass, extremely selfish today, could be so much better if he'd pass to linemates. Didn't have a good showing at all, too long of shifts.

Webb, got caught a few times flat footed, but again, its early!

As said, it's only preseason and good things will come from all I'm sure.

Oh ya, got a room in London Ontario, it's not so close to Kitchener when you take into count the traffic over here!!

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I seen the game, and it will be an exciting year! Lots of talent. IMO, a few standouts that I will mention, but there were more.

Wilde, going to be a star in this league! Big and strong with great hands and vision. Scored a beauty!!

Lamour, made saves that I am sure last year would have been in, very calm between the pipes.

Gilmour, smartest player on the ice, controlled the puck every time on his stick, made unreal passes, just never seen it come back, nice to see him back, scored a nice goal.

Perfetti, going to be a star! Great vision and hands, had some good chances. Nice line of Jenkins and Busdeker.

Porco, skating is a premium!! Played with a lot more confidence. Had some real good chances.

Only preseason, but a couple of things that I hope to see change.

Jenkins, looked tired, way too long of shifts, lacked the skating and physical play today.

Coskey, doesn't even think pass, extremely selfish today, could be so much better if he'd pass to linemates. Didn't have a good showing at all, too long of shifts.

Webb, got caught a few times flat footed, but again, its early!

As said, it's only preseason and good things will come from all I'm sure.

Oh ya, got a room in London Ontario, it's not so close to Kitchener when you take into count the traffic over here!!

Lamour had 4 games that were really bad last year but take those out as outliers and he was something like 2.76 GAA with a .905 SV%. He's gonna be a solid back up.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Not sure on this players value but in tonight's game it looks like Nicholas porco suffered a bad injury to his knee!

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
3 wins is a good way to start the Pre-season. The team is going to get exponentially better as this talent pool adjusts to each other's play. Porco's status is unknown or lower body injury lhope he is OK. He is in his draft year and Porco needs to be part of the team progression.
We allowed 5 goals in 3games wich even in exhibition is promising. I like the way the team is positioned at the moment.

Reactions: Hockeyoutsider

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Badalamenti sticks in Kitchener we should get a pick. Lamour looks solid as does rookie Lennox and Prosvetov will make for a very solid set of goalies. The team looks good but we do need that elusive goal scorer. Say Kingston needs picks and young prospects for Robertson a Michigan boy some sort of deal would certainly put us up with London if it can come to fruition.
With 1 OA card see how she goes and if things fall into place we grab a Hancock,Maksimovich, or Brazeau type and we are as good as anyone. We are going to beat good teams and prove Saginaw is and has the Jim Delvano's and Chris Osgoods in the organization that make kids want to play here. Perfetti. Jenkins, Wilde, Everett, Goldowski, Busdeker and Prosvetov are acquisitions that have put us in the position we are in.
If you are a Spirit fan enjoy the next few years. It will be interesting knowing we can get the big names to show will help in the signing of other key players. Turcotte is a great talent that could be here next season. Sure is fun being a fan after some challenging years.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Based on testimony from camp and this game, Bode is coming as advertised so far. Can't wait to catch a game this year.
He is so good he may make Islanders I’m afraid for saggy! You guys have a great fast skilled team best of luck this year

Reactions: Finster8

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
The Spirit will have 11 at NHL camps. Six forwards, four defense and a goalie, congratulations boys enjoy your time while your there.

Reactions: Dumpnchase17

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
What's going on with Coskey?

2017 - Not Drafted
2017 - Leafs Camp Invite and great showing.- sent home
2017/ 18 season- good year, Led the team
2018 - Not Drafted
2018 - Buffalo Camp Invite - great camp and better than most there- sent home before main camp
There is more to this story? Is it attitude, selfishness etc?
Great skilled power forward! Something is rubbing teams the wrong way.

Last edited:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

2017 - Not Drafted
2018 - Not Drafted
2018 - Buffalo Camp Invite - great camp and better than most there- sent home before main camp

Why does anything have to be going on with him? Why can't he just be a FA invitee that's being returned to his OHL team? Why didn't you ask what's up with Grondin? He was returned too after not being drafted. Just because a team hasn't signed him after a few scrimmages at camp doesn't mean he's rubbing people the wrong way.

Coskey, if he's gonna get signed by someone, is going to be signed because of his scoring ability. My guess is skating and consistency/ceiling are keeping teams from adding him to their system right now.

Let him further develop his game this year and realty fill the net. Someone will take a chance on him eventually more likely than not.

Reactions: Savard18

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby

2017 - Not Drafted
2018 - Not Drafted
Never met the kid, know guys who played with him but It comes down to proving you are a
team player. He has to start to move the puck. He has good players around him to dish it off. If he can improve his distribution of the puck it will only impove his development. I think he could have a career year with say Michnac-Giroux-Coskey?

Last edited:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI

2017 - Not Drafted
2018 - Not Drafted
Nothing has to be wrong. Some kid's Junior success just doesn't transition to the NHL level. The days of Ray Sheppards are over, I would guess there's skating issues that still need to be worked on. Roster spots are tight everywhere and if he for sure needs another year of development in the O, there's not going to be an urgency to sign him. His story isn't complete, enjoy having him in Saginaw for another year.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
A 6-4 victory, to go 4-0 to start the Pre-season for Saginaw fans we have earned this. This club is solid without that elite scrorer. I guess we see what our weaknesses are after 20 games and we if are in a good position use that OA card and a trade for offensive strength upfront.
The defense is as good as any. Wilde is playing well at NYI camp and will be a beast in the CHL. Everett,Penman and Millman then add the vets Mids, Webb and Davis. Lamour and Prosvetov will steal a game or 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad