Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
In the sophomoric lull that passes time between Spirit and Firebird kernals of wisdom...the London Knights are loading up again!

Is is Keith or Keeth....who has to worry about anybody witha a silly name like TKATCHUP!

Reactions: Finster8

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Whatever the banter, Saginaw is looking like they will be much much improved this year. We think that Flint will be too.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I wish his name was more conventional now, all I wanted was a scouting report :p

Blade has to prove to himself and everyone else that he is a natural goal scorer who happens to be big and strong on his stick can create space for! others. With the proper coaching and development his potential is nothing but promising. So his first 3 steps aren't the quickest look at the rest of his game. Big year for BLADE.

Last edited:

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Wilde signing with Saginaw today per Terry Doyle. Joey Battaino said there is a signing this AM.
Well that makes our defense very solid
MiddletonOA-Wilde00
Everett00-Webb99
Davis99-Penman Millman are 01 leaves Hill99 and Phillips00

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Well that makes our defense very solid
MiddletonOA-Wilde00
Everett00-Webb99
Davis99-Penman Millman are 01 leaves Hill99 and Phillips00

DD is killing it this offseason.

Davis is quietly underrated IMO. Midds/Wilde, Everett/Davis, Webb/Penman/Millman is a solid 7.

Still have an OA spot open I believe. Maybe try and get Bobby Lynch if he finds his way over to the OHL as expected?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
good for you guys, still don't get the whole 'they're trading him" thing, didn't make any sense.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
You called it weeks ago and it did not ever make any sense.

i didnt really call it, just repeating what a few guys told me. if your saginaw in a 'go for it' year, why trade wilde when your going to have to just trade for someone like him? wilde already said he was coming to the league, its not like he had any leverage if he wanted to play elsewhere. if that was the case, he wouldnt have come out and said 'im playing in the ohl', he would have been quiet about it all and say 'well see'. sometimes the easiest answer is the answer, looking deeper just confuses things.

i think its moreso summer and people are bored so they look deeper into things then they need, happens every year on here.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I noticed Brock Hill is not on the current Spirit Pre-season roster. They have 15 forwards listed and 8 defense. Barring no imediate trades the forward lines could look something like this?
Michnac-Gilmour-Coskey All vets and will be a true top line.
Jenkins-Giroux-Goldowski The 00 line will be together for 2 yrs let them develop together
Porco-Perfetti-Stepien This is again guys who will be together for 3 yrs develop together
Katic--Grondin-Busdeker
Cardwell-Baber-Preuter
I just don't see how Grondin is a4th liner, that being said what a4th line that would be. They somehow have to develop the remaining 3 who need TOI to improve their game. So let's see how and who does the first 10 to 20 games and then make some moves. I still believe we need that elite talent at forward to improve the offense. Robertson, McLeod, type talent and an OA like Maksimovich for example closer to the deadline when teams need to recoup picks and prospects that are having bad years and sell to the best offer.
I hope TS can keep the lines somewhat together, he has no excuses now time to turn Saginaw into a top 4 team in the West. Not long before the puk drops for training camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad