Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
SSM were starting have us worried but the boys scored by committee and Prosvetov was solid.
Guelph or London half dozen of one or six of the other both very good teams. I took London in 7 so I will have to honor my pick. Good luck the rest of the way, Go Spirit!!

Reactions: Bob Orr and Buttsy

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Congrats to the spirit. You guys have a great team. Good luck in the next round.

Classless act by Prosvetov giving the crowd the Greyhounds sign. Twice. The rest of Spirit were a class act, as were the fans I met in the rink and on these boards.

Reactions: Finster8

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Congratulations to the spirit had to be the 2 Soo boys to get that first and game winner , gonna be a battle in the finals good luck

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
no the team very much earned a shot at the western conference title. but guys like prosvetov always do something to harm the team eventually.

he's a helluva goalie but i'm not a big fan of childish antics, whether its a hound giving the middle finger, or a goalie taunting fans during the handshake line. good luck in the conference finals.

Reactions: Otto

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
he's a helluva goalie but i'm not a big fan of childish antics, whether its a hound giving the middle finger, or a goalie taunting fans during the handshake line. good luck in the conference finals.

Sure Ivan's a showman. But its harmless fun. He isnt hurting anyone.

I'll take "childish antics" like Ivan celebrating over hotdogging an 8th seed, racially taunting a minority player, threatening violence against said player to the point the OHL had to hire extra security to protect him at your game, and like harassing an opposing teams broadcast team to the point they have to make a post about the targeted harassment.

Soo fans need to look in the mirror and realize that it seems teams throughout the league only have issues with them and ask why.

Reactions: OHL4Life

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Congrats to the Spirit on making it to the Conference Finals.

To all the Spirit fans enjoy the conference final, the Spirit deserve to be there. You have good team and what I believe to be the roster to win some banners this season. Best of luck to whoever you may play out of the Knights and Storm in the next round and forward.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Congrats to the Spirit on making it to the Conference Finals.

To all the Spirit fans enjoy the conference final, the Spirit deserve to be there. You have good team and what I believe to be the roster to win some banners this season. Best of luck to whoever you may play out of the Knights and Storm in the next round and forward.
Absolutely. Neither of Guelph nor London can boast Goaltending, Defense, and Offense the way the Spirit has. Looking forward to following the Conference Finals.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
no the team very much earned a shot at the western conference title. but guys like prosvetov always do something to harm the team eventually.

pretty sure some Saginaw fans will argue the Hounds acted ‘classless’ last year

end of the day who cares? Saginaw won and that’s all that matters

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Soo fans need to look in the mirror and realize that it seems teams throughout the league only have issues with them and ask why.

last year was worse, I remember Kitchener and Owen Sound boards were toxic because of a handful of guys and one poster got a day ban (just a day, I know) for a racial post against a ranger player. brad coccogimo (sp?) did an interview on a radio broadcast and even he suggested some Soo fans are a bit hyper sensitive

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad