Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Swoopster, I agree, don't you think that the selfish play, turnovers, no back checking, no consistency is all fixable. The way to fix it is find another coach. Bring in a winner who has experience, respect, knowledge with new systems. Somebody the team looks up too before we blow another season. If this guy was coaching bums that is different. This team should be developing more. He couldn't do it in Kitchener it took them to long to figure it out. Do we want TS do the same thing or spend some money and find a coach. Lazary would be on the list.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Saginaw one of the best teams on paper, but we have a coach who cannot get the best out of there players. Not sure if Lazery is the better coach, but worth a shot and I know why now TS has been moved around and had a hard time finding a job until Saginaw found him selling cars. It's all coming to light now.

Someone just said it, we spend money on a Fan Boni instead of a winning coach. I guess it goes along with cart wheels and gymnastics, we are a dam circus and being laughed at! I guess that's what DD and management want so we need to accept it, just feel bad for players who want hockey as a career.

Porco, Michnac and Coskey need to watch from the stands one game! They are the farthest from team players. I am watching the game again today and will post the selfish plays and turnovers for each player, and then you can praise those players if you want when you see those stats.

I don't care if we are only a few points out, we are far from a contender and a team that will go deep, and as said, it starts with DD and TS.

But it's looking like this is TS team and not DD. I'm thinking TS has all the control and DD is a puppet.

And I pray DD and TS reads this forum!

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Big game tonight, Windsor just dominating last time they played. Hope the coach fires these guys up. We lose it puts us at 11-9-1-1 not at all where they should be. Who else can you blame besides TS+DD? Change the chemistry start with Smith and trade some bodies and picks to improve for this year and next. The trading frenzy should start in a few weeks. I do believe some teams have to sell in certain situations to stock up some picks or prospects. So be patient and wait near the end of the trade deadline. See who fits your needs if we are contending or sell of some players for future picks and players. All depends where we are either way I see movement.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
I am at a loss. Do we over value our talent? We were thrilled when Jenkins came on board, followed by Goldowski and Wilde, but...? (I'll leave it to you to decide the impact ) Gilmore was to be a star along with Coskey ( don't get me started ). Porco packed on size and speed and plays with his head down...and on and on... Michnac, one of the best skaters I have seen since Hronek, and...

My point being, maybe we're not that special. Year in and out, the league develops plenty of talent to keep pace and surpass what we deem as can't miss.

Are there flaws, yes, and a few of these guys would collect splinters until they changed the way they play. So they will go out tonight and perhaps play well, BUT, if you are looking at a dominant hockey club...well I just don't see it.

Last edited:

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Or we are not paying attention to the red flags from coach Smith. He should have a better handle on his players and he doesn't. He was never a good coach. Why should he be in Saginaw? We have not progressed. Is it all the players or the coach l believe we have the talent and with a good coach some of our problems wouldn't excist.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Or we are not paying attention to the red flags from coach Smith. He should have a better handle on his players and he doesn't. He was never a good coach. Why should he be in Saginaw? We have not progressed. Is it all the players or the coach l believe we have the talent and with a good coach some of our problems wouldn't excist.

Great post!!

If DD doesn't have the sense or parts to fire TS, it will be another quick exit in playoffs if we even make it there. At the very least if TS is more important than wins and developing players, the following should be on the market for trades for high end players next year, but then the same thing will occur. TS is not a good coach.

Trade Market

Coskey , Michnac, Gilmour, Wilde, Webb, Davis

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Saginaw one of the best teams on paper, but we have a coach who cannot get the best out of there players. Not sure if Lazery is the better coach, but worth a shot and I know why now TS has been moved around and had a hard time finding a job until Saginaw found him selling cars. It's all coming to light now.

Someone just said it, we spend money on a Fan Boni instead of a winning coach. I guess it goes along with cart wheels and gymnastics, we are a dam circus and being laughed at! I guess that's what DD and management want so we need to accept it, just feel bad for players who want hockey as a career.

Porco, Michnac and Coskey need to watch from the stands one game! They are the farthest from team players. I am watching the game again today and will post the selfish plays and turnovers for each player, and then you can praise those players if you want when you see those stats.

I don't care if we are only a few points out, we are far from a contender and a team that will go deep, and as said, it starts with DD and TS.

But it's looking like this is TS team and not DD. I'm thinking TS has all the control and DD is a puppet.

And I pray DD and TS reads this forum!
We’ll you got your wish coskey didn’t play , did the team look better?this was probably the worst game played all year , no defense,no back check
No talent on forward ends , maybe that’s why you see michnac playing by himself, there isn’t anyone to play with , perfetti looks like he is skating in mudd, Porco, Stephan all heads down , I could go on and on , the coach has officially lost this team
Can someone tell me when is the last time Saginaw had a 1st round draft pick in the nhl

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Your right, team looked terrible tonight!

But if you can honesty say that Michnac is ok playing the way he is, you think the same as Smith and could coach this team!! He was terrible all night long.

Also you are right, saginaw has drafted lots of first rounders and not many ever make it too far in there hockey career. They all get there careers going when traded!! This organization does not develop, they have a bad name for hurting careers! Take a look at the players who got traded away in the last 7 years and what they have done!

End result, coach has lost this team about as worse as I have seen. This is why he was fired a few times already in the OHL.

Drinkill, get with it and get this clown back in Ontario!! Do your job or you should be gone.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Well the smell of mediocrity looms as we flirt with nearing the .500 mark with 2 more loses. This team has so much work to do to get better. If they don't fire Smith soon maybe we give Flint a run for the bottom. Sell 99's, OAs, Wilde and pick up Dellandrea, and Kade Landry who will be around next year. Kitchener fans had to stick it out over 2 years or more. More Smith will desTROY the team. Spend some money and get the best coach you can and watch the difference.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Well the smell of mediocrity looms as we flirt with nearing the .500 mark with 2 more loses. This team has so much work to do to get better. If they don't fire Smith soon maybe we give Flint a run for the bottom. Sell 99's, OAs, Wilde and pick up Dellandrea, and Kade Landry who will be around next year. Kitchener fans had to stick it out over 2 years or more. More Smith will desTROY the team. Spend some money and get the best coach you can and watch the difference.
Agree
Fire the announcers also, they have no clue either on what’s going on ,I have too turn the tv volume off and listen to the away feed , Joey is brain washed

John789

Apr 1, 2018
This is the most fair weather fans I've ever seen. Blame coaches, gm, owner, Zamboni driver when some obvious players are playing like $@&@. Goalies are absolute garbage this year. Almost worst in the league. Cormier would have this team in 2-3rd place for sure. Can't win with. 877 and percentage. Team is always close to highest scoring in the conference this year. If we stop the puck we win. Very simple. If cormier was in net you wouldn't have to blame line switching or Zamboni or any other magical reason to hate these kids and management. They will be fine and team will finish top 4 with even average goaltending

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
789, you can't see that just maybe the coach sucks. We started out with praise from around the league on how a good team we have. We still have a good team just need a couple adjustments.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Predictions: When will Smith be gone?

1. Before Weekend
2. After Weekend
3. Christmas Break
4. He stays.

Dumpnchase17

Dec 13, 2017
I am at a loss. Do we over value our talent? We were thrilled when Jenkins came on board, followed by Goldowski and Wilde, but...? (I'll leave it to you to decide the impact ) Gilmore was to be a star along with Coskey ( don't get me started ). Porco packed on size and speed and plays with his head down...and on and on... Michnac, one of the best skaters I have seen since Hronek, and...

My point being, maybe we're not that special. Year in and out, the league develops plenty of talent to keep pace and surpass what we deem as can't miss.

Are there flaws, yes, and a few of these guys would collect splinters until they changed the way they play. So they will go out tonight and perhaps play well, BUT, if you are looking at a dominant hockey club...well I just don't see it.
The misunderstanding is the players mentioned in your comments are just average players. Who is excellent on this team? The promotion team who put the players on a pedestal to be something they are not. Look who received all the Garber commercial time and look who is not there.

John789

Apr 1, 2018
789, you can't see that just maybe the coach sucks. We started out with praise from around the league on how a good team we have. We still have a good team just need a couple adjustments.
I don't care who's playing. You can't win with 0.877 goalies. Compared to top teams with 0.92 that's almost 5 goals against more every three games. Consistently. Unless they score 5+ on average it's a losing battle.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
The misunderstanding is the players mentioned in your comments are just average players. Who is excellent on this team? The promotion team who put the players on a pedestal to be something they are not. Look who received all the Garber commercial time and look who is not there.

Well stated ,
This organization has been promoting every 1st year player the last 3 years , I’m not sure if anyone on this feed watch’s hockey , but when’s the last time a young team won the ohl cup , let alone Memorial cup ? They give C’s and A’s to the wrong kids , those kids are suppose to be your leaders , strongest players on and off ice ,lead you into battle , just don’t see tgat happening on this team , BUT THEY ARE GREAT CHARACTER KIDS

John789

Apr 1, 2018
I'm neutral on TS. more negative on dd and goaltending. Hard to win with bad goalies. We will see how this shakes out

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
I agree on the goalie situation, but when I sat behind the bench and seen how Smith treated teenagers and watching there responses, I wanted him out! They all looked scared. It was very obvious the players stopped responding to him. He may know hockey, but he doesn't know how to treat players.

Reactions: Dumpnchase17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad