Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Did Prosvetov moon walk as he was pulled from the game? Hockey gods are cruel
I think it was more like the "Slide"...as in I'm gonna slide right on out of here. What can you say, a bad start and never recovered from it. It doesn't help that they miss two key D men and Perfetti away at 17U tourney,...but...!

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Well that was an interesting weekend! Although it was just one game that was an embarrassment, I hope the management team were able to see what was going on.

The selfish play over the two games this weekend was the worst I've seen in years here. This team will not go far with that kind of play and I hope it changes. Looking at 67's, every line moved the puck and created scoring chances (most of which went in). They played as a team and it was impressive. I remember Felly playing here and he was selfish, now he plays as a team and looks really good. I guess you can get away with it here as there is no consequences of being selfish.

Coskey only had 12 turnovers that game, so he is getting better!! (but he had a 10 minute penalty), so that was 29 turnovers in 2 games (totally unacceptable).

Michnac wasn't far behind and Porco is getting that stat very close to those two.

Reactions: Dumpnchase17

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Canada White beats Canada Black 5-4. Perfetti had a goal and 3 assists. Gotta like how he is developing. Lennox picked up the win for team White.

Last edited:
Reactions: three dog night

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I think it was more like the "Slide"...as in I'm gonna slide right on out of here. What can you say, a bad start and never recovered from it. It doesn't help that they miss two key D men and Perfetti away at 17U tourney,...but...!

We have let in 6+ goals six times this year. Hard to win if you have to score 6+ game. Is it goaltending, defense, injuries, lack of back checking, coaching or the combination of these factors.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
We have let in 6+ goals six times this year. Hard to win if you have to score 6+ game. Is it goaltending, defense, injuries, lack of back checking, coaching or the combination of these factors.

I will pick three, and in this order!!

1. Coaching - these lines (forwards) and system (pp) are not working, and I feel players are done responding to Smith's style.
2. Lack of back checking - very lazy selfish players that receive no discipline for there actions or lack of
3. Goaltending - although a 4th round NHL choice, not the goalie to take a serious run at it, good enough to get us to first round and that's it, so it is whatever management wants, go for it or settle with a first round exit but give young guys some experience.

Solution

1. Fire Coach Smith
2. Fire Coach Smith
3. Trade for a high end goalie (Dipetro) and forward (Robertson) and make a run at it.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
I would agree with selfish play. I had said during mini camp that there was only one puck and a few of them don't want to give it up. I'm not naming names, but If I were a coach, I would not stand for such play, and would sit a player to let it be known.

Ty Felhaber was notorious for that when he was first here and had a bogus +/- to boot...now the kid can smell a future and knows that you go nowhere being selfish, and to boot, look at his +/- now, from -32 while with the Spirit to +16 at present.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Bump. Got barried very quickly in the page turn. Wondering what you guys think of Millman?

"What do you guys think about Millman? Pretty nice rip last night in the shootout. Seems to be holding his own back there on the blue line."

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Jenkins-Gilmour-Perfetti
Michnac-Giroux-Porco
Busdeker-Prueter-Coskey
Katic-Baber-Goldowski
Stepien

O'Grady-Wilde
Davis-Webb
Penman-Millman
Hill

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Jenkins-Gilmour-Coskey Switch the 2 LW strengthen the 2nd line hopefully
Michnac-Giroux-Busdeker/Perfetti
Porco-Preuter-Goldowski
Katic-Baber-Stepien

If Wilde is back or Everett on D. If so then Hill gets sent back?
Webb -Wilde
Penman-O'Grady
Millman-Davis Hill,Everett

We need Perfetti back and eventually strengthen our top 6 thru trade. Our bottom 6 is young and are getting a little better chance to develop with more TOI. Prosvetov has to be the man in net and start getting more consistent. The next 10 games takes us to December at that point I hope we are still in a good position to add some bodies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Tuned into the broadcast, nice ad featuring Spirit players, car dealership. Nice sybiotic relationship.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Huge win!! I love beating the Soooooo!!

First, congrats to COACH Laz for shaking up the lines and getting a couple of huge wins.

When does Smith come back?

Reactions: Finster8

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
You and 6 or 7 other teams...

Well we have one for those teams!

He likes doing cartwheels and moon walk when he wins and will get tons of recognition for the team, then he plays the next game and gets his @SS handed it to him by letting in many weak goals, but again gets the team some unwanted publicity.

Bonus: his paper work is all completed so he can play all the games!

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Bonus: his paper work is all completed so he can play all the games!

Good because if Lamour had to play more we'd be screwed. Calm down Prosvetov is fine. Kid is 8-2-1 and you're acting like he can't win a game. He's playing his 3rd game in 3 nights and literally stole the game last night for us against SSM. They would have easily came back without some of his athletic saves.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Prosvetov will be fine, the problem is if he gets hurt. Lamour has not been the backup I thought he would be but that will change with any luck. Lennox needs a few more OHL games to see how he is developing. Otherwise, let's see where we are in early December? Then decision time for DD as to wich direction he goes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad